Hamer (10 Viewers)

shmmeee

If we’ve got say £13m (£3M ish from Vik still and £10m from Hamer up front) I’d be spending £6m on a CM £3m on a CB and then maybe a couple of mill on some prospects at ST and CM. Loan in a RWB.

Gives us:

Wilson/Collins
van Ewijk/RWB
Dasilva/Bidwell
Thomas
Fadz/Latibeaudiere
Binks/LCB
CM/CM
Sheaf/Eccles/Kelly
O’Hare/Palmer/Sakamoto/Allen
Simms/Wright/ST/Godden

is that a significant upgrade on last season? Still all hinges on the Gus replacement for me.

its a buzzard

Boateng was one ugly footballer, Gus is polar opposite so easy on the eye.

Pending Dutch call up happening soon, another thing I predicted and was laughed at.
Disagree about Boateng, he was far from ugly. I assume you're referring to play rather than his looks.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Great players always play better with good players around them. They on same wavelength. Vik and Gus combined so well.

Just like when Gary Mac all of sudden combined so well with Robbie Keane.

(Not for 1 min claiming gus and Vik are comparable to them different era different league).

hill83

Do you think the game hasn’t progressed in 25 years? Are we really saying top end 2023 Championship is a million miles from bottom of 1998 Premiership?

moving-goalpost.gif

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we’ve got say £13m (£3M ish from Vik still and £10m from Hamer up front) I’d be spending £6m on a CM £3m on a CB and then maybe a couple of mill on some prospects at ST and CM. Loan in a RWB.

Gives us:

Wilson/Collins
van Ewijk/RWB
Dasilva/Bidwell
Thomas
Fadz/Latibeaudiere
Binks/LCB
CM/CM
Sheaf/Eccles/Kelly
O’Hare/Palmer/Sakamoto/Allen
Simms/Wright/ST/Godden

is that a significant upgrade on last season? Still all hinges on the Gus replacement for me.
I think we will sign two midfielders to try and replace him

shmmeee

We’re talking overall quality of team and players. I’d say Hamer is more influential for this team than Dublin was, but it’s very close. Both absolutely talismanic, I just think a CM has more chance to get involved in the game.

And the point is the quality of game Dublin was playing wasn’t a million miles away from that that Hamer is playing. Yes there was le Boeuf and Bergkamp, but also some absolute dross that wouldn’t get near a Championship side today.

clint van damme

Do you think the game hasn’t progressed in 25 years? Are we really saying top end 2023 Championship is a million miles from bottom of 1998 Premiership?

Dublin was scoring against top end of the premiership players, as both a striker and a CB.

And I would say those defenders are a million miles away from the top end of the championship, yes.
That's why they played at the highest level and won world cups and champions leagues.

As good as Hamer is, he's nowhere near the level Dublin was, that's why he's gone to a relegation favourite. And whether the games moved on or not doesn't alter that fact.

shmmeee

I know, next someone will be comparing Gus to Maradona.. which is ridiculous because Maradona hasn't scored 10 goals and got 11 assists in a Championship season has he

Im not sure people appreciate quite how rare it is to have a CM get double figures goals and assists TBH.

shmmeee

Dublin was scoring against top end of the premiership players, as both a striker and a CB.

And I would say those defenders are a million miles away from the top end of the championship, yes.
That's why they played at the highest level and won world cups and champions leagues.

As good as Hamer is, he's nowhere near the level Dublin was, that's why he's gone to a relegation favourite. And whether the games moved on or not doesn't alter that fact.

Dublin went to a relegation favourite! Us!

Alkhen

Oooof this one hurts hard.

Such a shame someone more stable than Sheffield United haven't come in for him. Anyway you look at it they are going to struggle. It'll be hard for him to shine getting pummeled week in week out which in turn weakens any sell on value we have in his contract and probably means any performance related parts of the deal won't get met.

clint van damme

Dublin went to a relegation favourite! Us!

But your saying what hamer did in the championship is on par with what Dublin did the the prem, its ridiculous.

Let's see how he gets on in the top flight, I strongly suspect they'll be bottom 3 come May.

Cov98

Im not sure people appreciate quite how rare it is to have a CM get double figures goals and assists TBH.
Yeah it's massive really. Without those goals and assists we were firmly mid table last season. Going to be tough finding a replacement.

shmmeee

But your saying what hamer did in the championship is on par with what Dublin did the the prem, its ridiculous.

Let's see how he gets on in the top flight, I strongly suspect they'll be bottom 3 come May.

Im not sure that will be his fault though. Agree to disagree but I think Hamer is a better all round player than Dublin, and I rate Dublin. Hamer is up there with Keane, McAllister, Nilsson IMO for a rare breed of player that makes the game look effortless. That’s in no way an attempt to denigrate Dublin who I love. I hate these stupid “which of these players is better” games.

Gint11

When he got sent off with a 4 game ban I was pissed off with him but since then he’s been a revelation. Inevitable but I’m gutted.

Users who are viewing this thread