CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
We wont entertain anything less than 10. Robins and Doug have made that clear to Gus.

Robins would rather lose him for nothing and have him knitting this team together for a proper go at promotion.

Also, from what im told he feels he can make a big sale next summer from elsewhere within the side, so its not crucial that its Gus that has to go. If that makes sense?

Sounds about right/fair. Love Hamer as a player but I’d he wants to go then let’s get good money and move on. I’d personally even take say £8m plus add ons if necessary even though I think he’s worth more. Less than that probably gamble and keep

Reactions: Saddlebrains

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
It seems crazy to me that no premier league side has offered 10m plus. Surely a team like Brentford or West Ham. He got double figures goals and assists

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
They may well of offered big money.
We know there has been offers.

But as I've said a gazillion times, if the player wishes to run his contract down and then move to a club nearer to his family, then no amount of offers from the Premier league will make him leave before the end of the season.

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
It seems crazy to me that no premier league side has offered 10m plus. Surely a team like Brentford or West Ham. He got double figures goals and assists

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

True. Mind boggling tbf. Luton offered 3.5 which got laughed at and Fulham 5 which was again dismissed

From what i gather from any info i get, it seems Robins is really relaxed about it. The vik money has changed the squad to what he wanted. He doesnt need to get a wad for Gus. Dont forget, we paid 1.2 million for Hamer. Even if he goes for free, we've more than got some worth out of him havent we?

Yes, it will.be very frustrating losing the best midfielder we have had in 20 plus years for nothing, but that doesnt mean ee cant replace him

Whats to say Sakamoto for example wont have a phenomenal season, and attract interest elsewhere? Hes on a 4 year deal and we would command upwards of 12 million to sell him.

And personally i dont think losing Gus on a free would be the fuck up Blackburn made with Diaz.

We've already done a rebuild for the next few seasons 🤷

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
True. Mind boggling tbf. Luton offered 3.5 which got laughed at and Fulham 5 which was again dismissed

From what i gather from any info i get, it seems Robins is really relaxed about it. The vik money has changed the squad to what he wanted. He doesnt need to get a wad for Gus. Dont forget, we paid 1.2 million for Hamer. Even if he goes for free, we've more than got some worth out of him havent we?

Yes, it will.be very frustrating losing the best midfielder we have had in 20 plus years for nothing, but that doesnt mean ee cant replace him

Whats to say Sakamoto for example wont have a phenomenal season, and attract interest elsewhere? Hes on a 4 year deal and we would command upwards of 12 million to sell him.

And personally i dont think losing Gus on a free would be the fuck up Blackburn made with Diaz.

We've already done a rebuild for the next few seasons 🤷

Sakamoto is totally untried at this level - of all the signings he’s the most likely not to achieve

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
We need a threshold and a date really as conditions of selling him. Otherwise I'd keep him and see what happens, his current intention might be to run his contract down but who's to say it'll be the same by next May or even January.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
If city WERE to get promotion this season , he'd not want to leave , so the only gamble is , will we go up and do we keep him to run it down

Financially the club probably won't want to risk that

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Deity

Jul 22, 2016
If city WERE to get promotion this season , he'd not want to leave , so the only gamble is , will we go up and do we keep him to run it down

Financially the club probably won't want to risk that
Nor should it. Even £8m would buy us 2-3 good players with potential …..

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

BerksSB

Jul 26, 2023

we’ve got slightly less flexibility with Sakamoto as he was given a 3 year deal but the point stands.

Reactions: Saddlebrains

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Why wouldnt they on a free?

They have spent some money on two midfielders - £13 million in total

He’d want a signing on fee and reasonable wages. They want just think oh look he’s Dutch he’s homesick and he likes us let’s just sign him.

Ccfcisparks

May 13, 2011
They have spent some money on two midfielders - £13 million in total

He’d want a signing on fee and reasonable wages. They want just think oh look he’s Dutch he’s homesick and he likes us let’s just sign him.
If the midfielders are any good they will be off after this season anyway. Hamer could go there and be an important part of the team. They wouldn't turn that down even if they have to pay decent wages and a minimal signing on fee.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
If the midfielders are any good they will be off after this season anyway. Hamer could go there and be an important part of the team. They wouldn't turn that down even if they have to pay decent wages and a minimal signing on fee.

Then I guess every Dutch club in tbe Erisdville will offer him a deal

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
We wont entertain anything less than 10. Robins and Doug have made that clear to Gus.

Robins would rather lose him for nothing and have him knitting this team together for a proper go at promotion.

Also, from what im told he feels he can make a big sale next summer from elsewhere within the side, so its not crucial that its Gus that has to go. If that makes sense?
Not sure about that line of thought, we'd then potentially be losing Hamer for free and another star performer for a fee in one transfer window.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.
I've just watched this video on him and I have to say it makes you realise what a fucking player he is ..

After watching that video, how can anyone say Hamer is not worth 20m.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
You are honestly such a fucking moron it’s painful

So you work for Feyenord, an expert in the Dutch League? Which is it Perry?

Users who are viewing this thread