Hamer (20 Viewers)

TomRad85

We might have prem money

Forget 20m obviously we sell for that

But if we don't get a good offer now(for me I've revised that down to 5m) then I don't think we should sell and rather have benefits of him playing in this promotion chasing team for one last year and then leaving on a free.
I'd trust us to replace him pretty well with 5 million. Even if the replacement was only half as good initially it would be fine with the improvements we've made elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

I'd trust us to replace him pretty well with 5 million. Even if the replacement was only half as good initially it would be fine with the improvements we've made elsewhere.

Yeah 5 you take it

I think I'm more along lines of 2.5m is maybe just not worth it even though it's a lot of money to us.

shmmeee

Be better for us if they weren't, but I agree

I just think we’re better off going for someone with a year of growth in them than trying to find the finished article next season. We have three decent strikers, with O’Hare to come back and maybe take a spot too. And we have Binks and Latibeaudiere as well as Bidwell if we need it. We currently have no reserve for Hamer.

TomRad85

Yeah 5 you take it

I think I'm more along lines of 2.5m is maybe just not worth it even though it's a lot of money to us.
I think the management may agree with you. I'm sure they have a number in mind they deem acceptable for what is a years service.

Danceswithhorses

If Hamer wants to move (in this window) because of ambition, i can understand that and have no problem with it.
Moving to another championship side though would be odd and frankly unacceptable, given how much ccfc have spent this window...i mean how much more ambitious does he want us to be...we must be one of the top spenders in the championship.

BerksSB

Two and a half probably depends who to. If he does genuinely want to go back to NL you let him go with a fat sell on clause in case there's a time he's no longer homesick.
Top teams are also adding a buy back clause in addition to the sell on clause. That would protect us from the Dutch club selling back to an English club.

San Francisco

Hopefully he'll just run contract down and we get to enjoy him for one more successful year

This is what I think too. If we get promoted then he'll probs sign a new contract and if we don't then he'll go to Holland. Think next summer we'll sign his replacement, someone who won't be too far off Gus ability and is younger so can improve further.

SleepyGinger

Because it’s a sideways move when you take the money out of it. They could probably pay 10k a week more? Think he’d rather stay here for a year then sign for a prem/European team. Think we’d want more from a team considered a rival too, probably more than Leeds would pay.

Legia Sky Blue

Two and a half probably depends who to. If he does genuinely want to go back to NL you let him go with a fat sell on clause in case there's a time he's no longer homesick.

My impression is that him wanting to go back to Holland has been completely blown up on here, with the theory seemingly growing a life of its own as more and more posters give it credence by adding 2+2 in relation to his marriage break up and a newspaper article from a year ago saying he would like to return to Feyenoord before he retires.

Hopefully he plays a starring role on Sunday which gives him the encouragement to stay with us and sign a new contract. However, bearing in mind Everton want £1m for Tom Cannon to leave them on a seasons loan, the club need to work out a point at which a potential transfer fee for Hamer is lower than the value to the team of retaining his services for the coming season. If we only get low ball offers of say £3m then the club have a big call to make.

Samo

My impression is that him wanting to go back to Holland has been completely blown up on here, with the theory seemingly growing a life of its own as more and more posters give it credence by adding 2+2 in relation to his marriage break up and a newspaper article from a year ago saying he would like to return to Feyenoord before he retires.

Hopefully he plays a starring role on Sunday which gives him the encouragement to stay with us and sign a new contract. However, bearing in mind Everton want £1m for Tom Cannon to leave them on a seasons loan, the club need to work out a point at which a potential transfer fee for Hamer is lower than the value to the team of retaining his services for the coming season. If we only get low ball offers of say £3m then the club have a big call to make.

He could easily be the difference between promotion or not, that's a snip at 3m

Saddlebrains

We wont entertain anything less than 10. Robins and Doug have made that clear to Gus.

Robins would rather lose him for nothing and have him knitting this team together for a proper go at promotion.

Also, from what im told he feels he can make a big sale next summer from elsewhere within the side, so its not crucial that its Gus that has to go. If that makes sense?

Matt smith

We wont entertain anything less than 10. Robins and Doug have made that clear to Gus.

Robins would rather lose him for nothing and have him knitting this team together for a proper go at promotion.

Also, from what im told he feels he can make a big sale next summer from elsewhere within the side, so its not crucial that its Gus that has to go. If that makes sense?
Sheaf is one of those

slowpoke

Okay £20million was a bit tongue in cheek but you don’t win promotion strengthening the opposition and that’s what we’d do selling to a championship club.

Users who are viewing this thread