Hamer (13 Viewers)

mmttww

Adam Sandler Fighting GIF

Fergusons_Beard

A lot of talk about the club being Leeds.

He’ll go from hero to pariah if that happens.

I don’t mind admitting that I’ll be one of the boo boys if he plays against us wearing any shirt from a championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bad Boy

Last season he was a big fish in a small pond but the pond has got much bigger in recent weeks.

If he wants to try his luck somewhere else be it for more money, to win something or personal reasons, then just go, ffs just go.

slowpoke

A lot of talk about the club being Leeds.

He’ll go from hero to pariah if that happens.

I don’t mind admitting that I’ll be one of the boo boys if he plays against us wearing any shirt from a championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No way should we sell to Leeds or any other championship team for even 20million, I’d let him run his contract down first.

Go on these transfer sites and Leeds are buying everyone but as yet not that many.

Grendel

No way should we sell to Leeds or any other championship team for even 20million, I’d let him run his contract down first.

Go on these transfer sites and Leeds are buying everyone but as yet not that many.

of course you’d sell for £20 million

Gibbo

Yeh absolutely mental comment that

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
To not sell him to anyone for £20m would be mind-numbingly stupid.

We've just built almost a whole team on that amount of money from Big Vik. The only reason for not selling would be if you thought the Club's coaching and recruitment staff were so crap they would never find and develop a replacement. But does anyone think that?

Oh, and never run down a contract if the player is worth more than £1m

skyblueelephant76

Leeds messed up by agreeing relegation clauses in their players contracts that meant they had to accept loan offers if they went down.

Around 7 players have gone on loan and they have only generated £3.5m in transfer fees.

Last edited:

long way home

I would imagine a date will be set for a decision to be made, i think he has the offer from the club he wanted. So it's down to Gus to sign on the date or be sold before the window shuts.

Either way something has to drop, only other option is they let him walk next year for free. This is the one option i cant see happening. As for the outcome i still think its 50/50 on him signing or leaving. But no matter what happens Gus will be one of the best signings the club has made in recent history.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I would imagine a date will be set for a decision to be made, i think he has the offer from the club he wanted. So it's down to Gus to sign on the date or be sold before the window shuts.

Either way something has to drop, only other option is they let him walk next year for free. This is the one option i cant see happening. As for the outcome i still think its 50/50 on him signing or leaving. But no matter what happens Gus will be one of the best signings the club has made in recent history.
Vik and Gus must be viewed equally. Don't forget what Vik has done to advance the standing of Coventry City.

fatso

Can you explain to me how you sell a player who doesn't want to be sold?
If he's set on running his contract down, then how do you sell him??????

shmmeee

And if no one who Gus wants to go to bids an amount we’ll accept? If he really wants what’s rumoured, and Dutch clubs know he’ll definitely be free next summer if no one signs him, would they bid that much?

covcity4life

Then hopefully we can sign a team of Paul Watsons with the proceeds.
We might have prem money

Forget 20m obviously we sell for that

But if we don't get a good offer now(for me I've revised that down to 5m) then I don't think we should sell and rather have benefits of him playing in this promotion chasing team for one last year and then leaving on a free.

Users who are viewing this thread