Hamer (10 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

If he wants to run down his contact and refuse a move, he's perfectly entitled to do that.
obviously - but we can withdraw his upgraded contract and basically say to him "this is it, sign it by xx date otherwise its withdrawn" and we can the publicly say he is for sale...

we cant leave it much longer with him to make a decision as we need to have plan b up and running asap

Samo

absolutely but don’t think it will come to that

I think one more year at City and then go wherever he chooses might just appeal to Gus.
He gets one more crack at getting us to the promised land and has already expressed a desire to return to the Netherlands should that fail.

Samo

obviously - but we can withdraw his upgraded contract and basically say to him "this is it, sign it by xx date otherwise its withdrawn" and we can the publicly say he is for sale...

we cant leave it much longer with him to make a decision as we need to have plan b up and running asap

We can publicly say whatever but if he doesn't want to move he doesn't have to.
The only power we really have is to not play him and who would want that????

Samo

Another aspect to this could be Gus saying 'show me who you are going to sign and then I'll think about signing'
Which would also be fair enough.

1ccfc

Another aspect to this could be Gus saying 'show me who you are going to sign and then I'll think about signing'
Which would also be fair enough.
He'll already know who we are trying to sign. Simms mentioned in an interview after signing that he basicaly knew who we were after.

AFCCOVENTRY

I get the feeling Gus maybe angling for a free transfer and he picks who he goes to. He might want a return to Holland with Feyenoord and they can’t afford him transfer wise. So wages wise they could if he’s available on a free.

Samo

He'll already know who we are trying to sign. Simms mentioned in an interview after signing that he basicaly knew who we were after.

That's not the same as getting them though is it? Gus won't fancy a relegation battle.
There are 9 more to come in we are told, I'm sure Gus will be thinking 'show me the quality'
The dutch lad would be a good start.

1ccfc

That's not the same as getting them though is it? Gus won't fancy a relegation battle.
There are 9 more to come in we are told, I'm sure Gus will be thinking 'show me the quality'
The dutch lad would be a good start.
But Gus sitting and waiting could affect the quality of player we can bring in. As long as the contract is on the table, the increase in wages has to be accounted for. It's no good signing 9 players based on a budget with the hope Gus will sign, to then find out he doesn't, and we could have spent X amount more and got better quality than we did.

Samo

But Gus sitting and waiting could affect the quality of player we can bring in. As long as the contract is on the table, the increase in wages has to be accounted for. It's no good signing 9 players based on a budget with the hope Gus will sign, to then find out he doesn't, and we could have spent X amount more and got better quality than we did.

That is true, but I have a feeling there is now some financial wriggle room.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Um what. He was asked if he had a busy day. He said yes but not because of new signings. It’s literally the opposite. He was pouring water on the idea there’s something going on.

I think the first reply was a bit ambiguous. Obviously he clarified it afterwards, but all it takes is a change of wind direction to wind our fans base up, and it's naïve to think he doesn't know that. Of course, it could have been sincere from the beginning, but it wouldn't exactly be his first offence either.

SkyB

If he doesn't sign a new deal I wonder if the feeling towards him will start to sour?

He's a cult hero to us but playing hardball with the club never leaves players in a good light. Eerily similar to Youri Tielemans at Leicester last year, fans really started getting on his back and slating him during the back half of the year.

Samo

If he doesn't sign a new deal I wonder if the feeling towards him will start to sour?

He's a cult hero to us but playing hardball with the club never leaves players in a good light. Eerily similar to Youri Tielemans at Leicester last year, fans really started getting on his back and slating him during the back half of the year.

And that clearly helped!

Samo

Yes it would be stupid but I wouldn't put it past some parts of our fanbase.

Neither would I but for me, he's entitled to see out his contract like any other player. And he might change his mind if we got promoted.

Manchester_sky_blue

It's hard to accept but he's doing the right thing for his career. Wait and see what offers he gets this window, if the right one doesn't come along he can stay with us, try to get us promoted, then make a decision next summer. The only risk he takes is that we have a shit season and his stock falls but even in that scenario Dutch teams would still be interested

skybluelee

Hamer signed new contract all done.

The club want to announce along with new kit but they are still unsure on the exact date yet.

as for Vik. It’s becoming more restless. robins wants the deal done now but king still holding on for more money.
Across this whole saga I'm most of all fuming with myself for believing this bullshit. I'm not sure my youngest will speak to me again if he doesn't now sign after I told her he had.

At least it'll be quieter at home I guess, every cloud.

Macca1987

Just watched the MK Dons highlights, Is it just me, or is Hamer messing with my head. He looks so happy, playing little jokes, smiling all the time. I know that's his nature, but if you were leaving would you still be the same

nunchuckas

Just watched the MK Dons highlights, Is it just me, or is Hamer messing with my head. He looks so happy, playing little jokes, smiling all the time. I know that's his nature, but if you were leaving would you still be the same
I dunno, whenever I've been serving my notice or know I'm leaving it's some of the happiest time to be in the office - no pressure, don't have to try 100% or care about projects etc and just enjoy the last few weeks with your work friends before you leave .

Kingokings204

Even joking with robins in tunnel on the walk out. Seems very friendly for a guy who might leave

slowpoke

IF he was definitely leaving I doubt he would play and he seems to be putting the effort it in but without too much physicality.
Not saying he won’t go, we have until end of August. but it suggests to me nobody has come anywhere near the acceptable fee.
Brightons name cropped up again last night, they have one or two players I’d well like here.

Macca1987

I dunno, whenever I've been serving my notice or know I'm leaving it's some of the happiest time to be in the office - no pressure, don't have to try 100% or care about projects etc and just enjoy the last few weeks with your work friends before you leave .
Understand what you are saying, but in our normal jobs we can just wind down, a footballer could get a freak injury in pre season games and he's then fucked for his move

Covcraig@bury

If we can’t afford him and no one bids what we want then keep him for a season just like Vik. He’s given us three amazing years already. No hard feelings here. He’s worth more than £20k/wk on the open market if we’re honest.
I would break the pay structure just to keep Gus , not very often you get a player of this quality. I’ve been watch the City for 50 odd years and for me he is the best .

Warwickhunt

I'd have thought that was obvious given the length of time his improved offer was put in from of him to now.
Are the clubs coming in for him putting better financial terms on the table than ours! Particular Burnley !

rob9872

Sounds mental because for me hes the best player we've had since relegation from the prem.

However....

Sign it or fuckoff now Gus, stop dragging us through it
He's not dragging us through anything. He has a contract and is fulfilling his obligations. Best player by a country mile again last night. He has an offer, he's holding out to do what's best for him as we all would, but not sulking, not forcing a move, turning up and playing to a top level. Hope he stays, but if he goes he goes. I'm sure we'll have targets lined up fir all eventualities and there will be a time to make a decision but let's not force it or we might be pushing into a result we don't want.

What I would say is we recognise him last year as the best midfielder in the league. Fek the pay structure and offer him what he's worth. If others don't like it then they're naive at best as their best chance of success is if he stays.

Warwickhunt

Who in your opinion should city try to sign to replace Hamer that has the same ability and not cost more than 15million for arguments sake?

Users who are viewing this thread