Hamer (8 Viewers)

Speedie's Head

While I sort of get what your saying, I am confused about the legend bit?
He could stay and keep us moving forwards and become a legend. Or he could move to a top preniership side and be on the bench, where players don't often earn legend status. Do you mean financial maximise his football earning potential?
I meant move on, play for Netherlands become famous etc. He's not going to do that with us right now. I bet if he plays in the PL he gets a call up. He's already a legend for us.

Hobo

I don't think his injury would hinder any potential transfer move to be honest
As long as you can convince an insurance company to cover a 15 million investment? He won't go anywhere until fit.

AFCCOVENTRY

Asked by CoventryLive if there is any update on the Brazilian-born player’s situation, whether anything has developed since he was last asked on Tuesday night, Robins said: “Nothing at all and I honestly don’t expect anything to happen. And I will be glad if it doesn’t.”

Asked if it’s a case of the longer that situation goes on, the more likely it is that he will sign a new contract with the Sky Blues, he continued: “Who knows, who knows... But the thing with Gus is that I will keep talking to him and working towards a solution for everybody; the best for everybody and hopefully that will be him staying.”

Breaking into a chuckle, he added: “We love him, the fans love him and he should commit the rest of his career to us.”

As for his fitness, Robins said: “He got half a game and he’s not really trained so you can see that he’s not in shape yet because he’s been out since the play-off final.”

Covkid1968#

Got to be happy with that… apart from waving goodbye to £15million 😳

AFCCOVENTRY

what i think our proposal is.

Tell Gus to sign a new 3 year contract.

Tell him he is free to leave next summer (if we go up he'll likely want to stay)

If he is sold. It's then ideal for Doug/Robins as his sale will fund next year's transfer budget much as Vic has this year.

Yes probably something like this or it might be a one year contract extension meaning he can’t walk away for free.

Ccfcisparks

Sounds like Hamer will stay this year then. Concerned if we let him go for free, but would imagine robins will think he’s likely to sign a contract otherwise he wouldn’t be so relaxed.

Mucca Mad Boys

I know I’m projecting here, but the social media team flashing Hamer in all the training and match shots is positive to me. Classic confirmation bias though. With Gyokeres, I don’t think anyone believed he’d stay after the playoff final loss.

Perhaps the recent paper talk with Hamer to Burnley, Fulham & Leeds is his agents hurrying the contract talks.

Fully aware that I believe he’ll sign an extension but it’s nice to be hopeful we keep our star player for once. The end of the season and playoffs confirmed as much.

Grendel

Got to be happy with that… apart from waving goodbye to £15million 😳

It’s pretty clear no one is remotely interested in paying that sort of price

Colin Steins Smile

Asked by CoventryLive if there is any update on the Brazilian-born player’s situation, whether anything has developed since he was last asked on Tuesday night, Robins said: “Nothing at all and I honestly don’t expect anything to happen. And I will be glad if it doesn’t.”

Asked if it’s a case of the longer that situation goes on, the more likely it is that he will sign a new contract with the Sky Blues, he continued: “Who knows, who knows... But the thing with Gus is that I will keep talking to him and working towards a solution for everybody; the best for everybody and hopefully that will be him staying.”

Breaking into a chuckle, he added: “We love him, the fans love him and he should commit the rest of his career to us.”

As for his fitness, Robins said: “He got half a game and he’s not really trained so you can see that he’s not in shape yet because he’s been out since the play-off final.”
That quote sounded as though MR is acting to seek a compromise agreement between Doug [who is sticking to a strict wage structure] and Gus & agent [give us the money we think he's worth]. Meanwhile, no club has bid £15m, while hoping to get him on the cheap.

Yorkshire SB

Yeah if we’re looking at offers of £6-7m at most, perhaps the club are taking a view that it’s worth keeping hold of him, and seeing where we end up this season.
If we do keep him and we sign a couple more quality permanents and then get 3-4 exciting loans in, we could be right up there.

Would fancy us and Boro ahead of any other existing championship side from last season. Then you’re hoping that a couple of the relegated clubs underperform. Although checking the bookies odds it looks like there’s some major bias at play for me 🤣 - stand by it though!

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah if we’re looking at offers of £6-7m at most, perhaps the club are taking a view that it’s worth keeping hold of him, and seeing where we end up this season.
If we do keep him and we sign a couple more quality permanents and then get 3-4 exciting loans in, we could be right up there.

Would fancy us and Boro ahead of any other existing championship side from last season. Then you’re hoping that a couple of the relegated clubs underperform. Although checking the bookies odds it looks like there’s some major bias at play for me 🤣 - stand by it though!
Given the turnover of players we’ve had, we’re going to be undervalued by the bookies.

Grendel

I reckon if we do sell him we will get closer to that than not. Doug won't just give our assets away the world has moved on from Sisu.

Well he’ll be giving them away next summer

Mucca Mad Boys

not really related to Hamer but Robins seems to be much more relaxed this pre-season.
I don’t blame him! Last summer our recruitment was light years from where we are this season.

We signed Palmer on a permanent and that was it. With that in mind, last season was a miracle! This season we’ve spent money on 5 out of 6 signings with a further 9 to come! MR wasn’t bullshitting when he said we were going to sign some genuinely exciting players this summer!

We’ve sold Gyokeres, granted but it’s been an impressive preseason so far and a cause for optimism.

Users who are viewing this thread