Hamer (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

not cryptic. more respectful until it’s official. plus I haven’t mentioned any names per-se. If or more so when it’s common knowledge I can elaborate.

So basically you're saying that once 'info' is out in the open, you'll tell us about the info you knew - which will be out in the open at that point?

Can I ask what your connection to the club is?

Pardon the scepticism, but on fixture release day, before the fixtures were released, you posted the first 3 fixtures as if you had inside knowledge. But that post was a carbon copy of what I had posted to three separate posters not long before. So you had literally taken what I typed, and posted it as your own? Of the 3 I sent it to, I'm pretty sure I know which one sent it to you.

All your posts on this thread are very non-committal and non-specific. Gives you leeway to say you were right, whatever happens.

If you're right, I'll gladly apologise. I just don't think you are.

Grendel

Absolute rubbish

what impact did he have on the performance of the first team last year?

We had zero funds - Hyam had already been sold and others would have followed to prevent administration - we were losing £400k a month - doubt we’d have secured McNally either

RegTheDonk

Gus wants to stay. that is clear for all to see but internally, club are preparing for worse case which from my pov that the club are not prepared break the wage structure.
I'm not asking you specifically, your post just mentions "the club" so I'm putting in a general rant.

How much of this wage structure is down to King? At our place, we're given a budget. It's up to us how we spend it, what kit, what experts we have to draft in, how much we put asside for future investments etc.

Does he let the football experts do their thing? He's got MR and Ady on long contracts which is fantastic, but surely they would have some say on giving Gus a few bob more. Here's the budget, get on with it. If you have to rob Peter go to pay Paul a bit more, that's your judgement. You want to keep Gus? Sure, that extra £3K we wants, well forget about bringing in that kid from Scunthrope.

It's Doug's ball and I guess up to him how it's kicked around, but being a successful businessman also means listening to the people on the ground, especially when you're on a venture outside your usual comfort zone.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You reckon? If that is the case then I withdraw my statement.

seems like such a long time ago, fair play I might have been wrong there then

Yes. It's clear SISU's willingness/capability to bridge the shortfall was gone.

I'm sure Robins alluded to potential sales in January a few months ago in a CT quote, in which he said something along the lines of it would've been a very different window if a new owner hadn't come in.

GIMOC

So basically you're saying that once 'info' is out in the open, you'll tell us about the info you knew - which will be out in the open at that point?

Pardon the scepticism, but on fixture release day, before the fixtures were released, you posted the first 3 fixtures as if you had inside knowledge. But that post was a carbon copy of what I had posted to three separate posters not long before. So you had literally taken what I typed, and posted it as your own? Of the 3 I sent it to, I'm pretty sure I know which one sent it to you.

All your posts on this thread are very non-committal and non-specific. Gives you leeway to say you were right, whatever happens.

firstly - just wait and see what happens. as I said, I’m only saying what I’ve been informed. it’s your prerogative whether you want to believe or not.

as for fixtures, I was told more than what was posted. many knew of the fixtures not just a select few.

lets see what happens over the next couple of weeks shall we?

clint van damme

Name and shame the indiscreet indiscreet individual!!

Sky Blue Pete

We had zero funds - Hyam had already been sold and others would have followed to prevent administration - we were losing £400k a month - doubt we’d have secured McNally either
So he’s covered the losses or held his nerve and covered them with the money or the deal done gave him a chance to reset meant he could keep yok and bring in McNally

Seaside-Skyblue

We are not even in July yet. I think there's a lot of panicking over nothing at the moment. If by first game of season we haven't signed a single body or very little I'd expect some questions raised but I think we will see a whole host of signings over the next few weeks. I'm probably the least ITK on here - I actually don't know anything! But it seems illogical to stress now when there's so much time left.

I don't know DK but so far he comes across as quite shrewd and makes decisions quickly and completely my own perception but quite an intelligent bloke overall even if he as he admits is on a learning curve. Let's just sit back and relax for a bit and see how things pan out.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Why would he leave six weeks into a new 4 year deal? Fans say the same thing every single season.
Not just fans although they are huge fans though not intimately involved

Anyway I’m willing to see what happens it just frustrates me enormously when people are pig headed and pretend they know what they’re doing when they don’t

SkyBlueScottie

Absolute rubbish

what impact did he have on the performance of the first team last year?
His arrival gave the club / fanbase a massive lift, we were able to make a couple of loan signings. Robins himself said he was galvanised... Also little things, but important none the less, securing our Hummell stock, which after watching the Hashtag Utd you tube vid ( who also got their fingers burned by Elite) meant we had to effectively pay for out kits and any merchandise they had made for us.

Sky Blue Pete

His arrival gave the club / fanbase a massive lift, we were able to make a couple of loan signings. Robins himself said he was galvanised... Also little things, but important none the less, securing our Hummell stock, which after watching the Hashtag Utd you tube vid ( who also got their fingers burned by Elite) meant we had to effectively pay for out kits and any merchandise they had made for us.
To use a phrase on here results galvanised the club not dk

Matt smith

I said I got that comment wrong! 😂

proof will be in the pudding over the next few weeks

SBAndy

If by first game of season we haven't signed a single body or very little I'd expect some questions raised but I think we will see a whole host of signings over the next few weeks.

If we start the season having not signed a single player then I’ll remember to take my boots.

Users who are viewing this thread