Hamer (8 Viewers)

rexo87

some might be pushed. Others leaving on their own accord is what I’m being told.
There isn't even that many people there. And with the roles they have won't be that difficult to replace. Not a huge deal

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

rexo87

This is the entire team. You're not going to get all of them just jumping ship straight away as its their livelihood. Agree it may make things more difficult to run behind the scenes for a month or so but shouldn't be too bad
63233e9fdd3f7e0dda4e994aa46c87af.jpg

AFCCOVENTRY

Long term yes, short term not ideal

Well if the likes of Tynan are heading off with Boddy (if that’s who we are talking about) we don’t have sponsorship in place, who’s handling the player contracts, etc… bit messy to say the least. If Doug is handling the player contracts then there’s an issue and Robins needs to get involved when he’s back from holiday maybe?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Timing is impeccable. if that was the plan then surely ideal timing would have been end of May. Not in the coming weeks

There would've been zero time to onboard a new Head of Commercial/CEO in May/June.

It would've been impractical to do it in May due to the POs, and following that the club had to act quickly in getting the ST/hospitality prices in place in June. Then there's sorting the sponsorship packages and liaising with existing sponsors regarding next season - with which a new CEO/Head of Commercial wouldn't have any existing relationship.

Ideally the change would have been made sooner if not for finishing in the POs. But circumstances clearly changed last minute.

no_loyalty

If anyone has a rumour or has dreamt one up which could be a good rumour that might be true or not or just wishful thinking can you get it off your chest and post it asap . I need a new rumour to moan at 🤔
Ray Ranson is coming back to replace Boddy 😂.

Martw

I know those within the commercial team in particular are concerned as essentially they saw this summer as a bit of a watershed moment - in terms of none particularly felt that they were secure in their roles and the microscope was very much on them.

That's not really all that uncommon when a new owner comes in though. They'll often look to clear the decks as soon as they walk through the door.

Again, not really sure why this is such a big deal?
New owners mean changes at any business, often it's not personal but ultimately they will want to make such changes that they feel will improve the business, it really shouldn't be a surprise. It seems clear from the little we all glean, that King likes to micro manage and is possibly not a team player. I dont like that approach but its his business ultimately. I worry as much about Hamer not staying, I appreciate wage structures and the like but for FFS he is the best player many of us seen for 25+ years.

GIMOC

There would've been zero time to onboard a new Head of Commercial/CEO in May/June.

It would've been impractical to do it in May due to the POs, and following that the club had to act quickly in getting the ST/hospitality prices in place in June. Then there's sorting the sponsorship packages and liaising with existing sponsors regarding next season - with which a new CEO/Head of Commercial wouldn't have any existing relationship.

Ideally the change would have been made sooner if not for finishing in the POs. But circumstances clearly changed last minute.

many of the above is probably a factor in the ultimate decisions made by the people involved and or by the club.
Sponsors have been an issue especially with previous sponsors being told to cough up double on last year.

KenilworthSkyBlue

This is the entire team. You're not going to get all of them just jumping ship straight away as its their livelihood. Agree it may make things more difficult to run behind the scenes for a month or so but shouldn't be too bad

Not all will leave as that's impractical as it is pointless. You're unlikely to get much better at the lower level as they're usually grossly underpaid and under skilled.

I've worked with a few commercial departments previously and believe me the calibre of the staff isn't exactly high.

Grendel

I think it’s obvious King doesn’t think much to the people running things day to day. As in he thinks they are incompetent and don’t have any basic business sense.

Remember runs his own hedge fund as well. He’s taken this on in terms of a failing business and to make it viable. Difficult of course when it comes to football.. but he’s hands on and heads will roll inevitably.

No one knows why he’s bought the club. Being part of a hedge fund isn’t anyway related to running a football club

Match day hospitality exec. Is that gus’s partner?

KenilworthSkyBlue

many of the above is probably a factor in the ultimate decisions made by the people involved and or by the club.
Sponsors have been an issue especially with previous sponsors being told to cough up double on last year.

In all fairness to Boddy he actively opposed the price increases set by DK. He knew that they would be met with uproar and box holders, commercial partners and sponsors alike would be up in arms. Not that DK listened.

I still don't particularly understand what you're getting at though with the cryptic messaging. From my perspective it really won't be as melodramatic as you're inferring.

GIMOC

In all fairness to Boddy he actively opposed the price increases set by DK. He knew that they would be met with uproar and box holders, commercial partners and sponsors alike would be up in arms. Not that DK listened.

I still don't particularly understand what you're getting at though with the cryptic messaging. From my perspective it really won't be as melodramatic as you're inferring.

not cryptic. more respectful until it’s official. plus I haven’t mentioned any names per-se. If or more so when it’s common knowledge I can elaborate.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

djr8369

OK I’ve got this figured from the various clues and some confirmed information.

You may notice the above lists various groundsmen positions BUT we’ve recently been hiring for head, assistant and apprentice groundsmen.

Issue is that there’s been discussion of what would happen if there was a meteor strike. DK is adamant that the ground staff would be responsible for repairs in the event of said meteor strike. Grounds department has said this is not feasible, you’d be looking at possibly thousands of tonnes of earth being displaced, probably ecological damage etc and that’s the best case scenario. Basically it’s all kicked off from there.

Apparently Adi was trying to make a cup of tea at the time and was asked to leave the office while DK laid down the law so then he’s kicked off, smashed up a few computer monitors that the recruitment team use, hence the lack of signings.

Suffice to say all is not well at CCFC towers.

KenilworthSkyBlue

not cryptic. more respectful until it’s official. plus I haven’t mentioned any names per-se. If or more so when it’s common knowledge I can elaborate.

Which is fair enough but I think you've already let the cat out the bag really by instigating this discussion.

Like I said though regardless of the reasoning, which I very much doubt will be as shocking as you're making out, it's been fairly obvious for some time that there inevitably was going to be a significant shake up. It's unfortunate for those involved as it's their livelihoods but fundamentally part and parcel of working within football.

Sky Blue Pete

Which is fair enough but I think you've already let the cat out the bag really by instigating this discussion.

Like I said though regardless of the reasoning, which I very much doubt will be as shocking as you're making out, it's been fairly obvious for some time that there inevitably was going to be a significant shake up. It's unfortunate for those involved as it's their livelihoods but fundamentally part and parcel of working within football.
Wouldn’t be saying that if one of those that leaves is robins

Users who are viewing this thread