Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (7 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Reading the comments on this video from ESPN and they are basically saying what we've seen. Seriously worrying

pusbccfc

The USA manager calling out Haji Wright out for not taking his chance for the national team...

Another interesting one.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The signing of Haji Wright has totally gone against our whole ‘Brighton/Brentford’ style model of signing young players with the potential to develop, get performing and sell on. He’s 25 and failed in every league other than Turkey, which is a massive red flag for every PL team.

For substantially less, we could have signed Jerry Yates (who would have helped in the here and now and been ideal alongside Simms) and taken chances on younger forwards from the fringes of PL squads or lower leagues/abroad.

We have saddled ourself with a player who, due to the staggering outlay for his horrific record and ability, we have to get firing.

Sadly our record signing Haji Wright looks more shite than the bloke who previously held our record signing crown.

pusbccfc

The signing of Haji Wright has totally gone against our whole ‘Brighton/Brentford’ style model of signing young players with the potential to develop, get performing and sell on. He’s 25 and failed in every league other than Turkey, which is a massive red flag for every PL team.

For substantially less, we could have signed Jerry Yates (who would have helped in the here and now and been ideal alongside Simms) and taken chances on younger forwards from the fringes of PL squads or lower leagues/abroad.

We have saddled ourself with a player who, due to the staggering outlay for his horrific record and ability, we have to get firing.

Sadly our record signing Haji Wright looks more shite than the bloke who previously held our record signing crown.

I don't think he's failed in every other league. He's had 2 good seasons in the top tier in Turkey and a good scored 11 in 20 in the Danish Superliga.

He did however fail to score in 20 games in the Eredivisie.

CCFC54321

Hes clearly a little pussy aswell

Just ambles round silently and scared of everything

Hes actually a useless c**t who i genuinely believe doesnt want to be here
Body language to me indicates he isn’t enjoying his time here. Trouble is he has another 3.5 years here and we won’t be able to sell him for a fraction of what we pissed up the wall on him.

Saddlebrains

I would, but it would also kind of compel me to give a shit or at least make me feel a bit guilty for underperforming.

Well.yea id agree with you, not him though

Im starting to develop a hatred for some of these new signings, mainly Simms and Wright. Its one thing if you're not very good. But at least try. At least look like youre fucking trying. Do the basics right

I see fuck all from either of them.and id genuinely rather have Waghorn and Walker up.top they are that poor

SeaSeeEffCee

He had two opportunities last night where he really just needed to throw himself at the ball and he’d have probably scored and he didn’t go for either. Embarrassing.

AFCCOVENTRY

I don't think he's failed in every other league. He's had 2 good seasons in the top tier in Turkey and a good scored 11 in 20 in the Danish Superliga.

He did however fail to score in 20 games in the Eredivisie.

Championship is probably a higher intensity than all of those leagues. He’s clearly not cut out or has the mentality for this type of league.

What worries me is he’s 26 in a few months and there isn’t much development left in him. One of the worst signings we’ve made in our history based on the fee we’ve paid for him as a 2nd tier club.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well.yea id agree with you, not him though

Im starting to develop a hatred for some of these new signings, mainly Simms and Wright. Its one thing if you're not very good. But at least try. At least look like youre fucking trying. Do the basics right

I see fuck all from either of them.and id genuinely rather have Waghorn and Walker up.top they are that poor
To coin a teacher’s expression I’m not angry at them, just really disappointed. I will say one thing though, Saka is busting a gut out there and while not perfect he does offer something. Which is presumably why MR seems to hold something against him.

djr8369

He looks under confident sometimes, not fully committing himself at times, but I don’t think it’s fair to say he isn’t putting the effort in. Good work to get past the defender from the ball Simms played then the defender just rugby tackled him off the pitch. Apart from scream at the ref not a lot else he could have done in that situation.

pusbccfc

Championship is probably a higher intensity than all of those leagues. He’s clearly not cut out or has the mentality for this type of league.

What worries me is he’s 26 in a few months and there isn’t much development left in him. One of the worst signings we’ve made in our history based on the fee we’ve paid for him as a 2nd tier club.

The intensity must be higher, but is the quality? Can't be much in it?

Offhegoes

He looks under confident sometimes, not fully committing himself at times, but I don’t think it’s fair to say he isn’t putting the effort in. Good work to get past the defender from the ball Simms played then the defender just rugby tackled him off the pitch. Apart from scream at the ref not a lot else he could have done in that situation.
Wright seems like a laid back character, can't believe people are on his back for not screaming at the ref! FFS. As if that would get the decision overturned. I think he's looked lively in the last couple of games when coming on, and certainly looks more dangerous than Godden. No he hasn't caught fire yet, but he will.

Londonccfcfan

Hes clearly a little pussy aswell

Just ambles round silently and scared of everything

Hes actually a useless c**t who i genuinely believe doesnt want to be here
I called this out months ago and stuck my neck out comparing him to an expensive Bakayako.

Week by week I'm being proved right.

Still cannot get my hear around the fee for this player.

Cut our losses and sell him for 500k next year if anyone is stupid enough to buy him.

Total fucking disaster. £8M

Reactions: KAB

CCFC54321

I called this out months ago and stuck my neck out comparing him to an expensive Bakayako.

Week by week I'm being proved right.

Still cannot get my hear around the fee for this player.

Cut our losses and sell him for 500k next year if anyone is stupid enough to buy him.

Total fucking disaster. £8M
Bakayoko shown more effort and desire and I’m his biggest critic but I never thought I’d ever see anyone with less ability and desire again. And we paid £7.7m for it! What did we sign bakayoko for… £200k?

Londonccfcfan

I've no idea but we're in Sheaf not smiling territory here. And Gyokeres never looked particularly chirpy to be honest.

I suspect if Wright was scoring goals we might see more smiles if it's at all important.
Now your being ridiculously OTT suggesting criticism is because he doesnt smile!!

junglej13

A loan in january and hopefully he scores some goals somewhere and we can cut our losses and get him off the books take a 7.5M loss to be honest at least we save his wages for 3 years.
Wouldn't be the worst approach. My main anger isn't actually towards Wright (who comes across as a nice enough, quiet bloke) it is more towards Dean Austin and his colleagues. The due diligence on this signing just seems to have been completely negligent.

Users who are viewing this thread