Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Time to learn how to get the best out of him?
The few moments he caused some danger came from balls over the top/through balls to chase. We are just playing at so slow a tempo and then compounding it by gifting possession away as the opposition has got set in position.

Even taking that into account however he is weak in the air and struggles to outmuscle defenders.

Finham

The few moments he caused some danger came from balls over the top/through balls to chase. We are just playing at so slow a tempo and then compounding it by gifting possession away as the opposition has got set in position.

Even taking that into account however he is weak in the air and struggles to outmuscle defenders.
Fucking HATE our tempo at the moment, get into a good position wide then pass it back inside, then back again, then back to deep in our half...

ccfc1234

It’s strange as from what I’ve seen of him he looks the most impressive of all the signings given I was surprised we’d signed him - his good with both feet, he’s fairly quick and he’s strong.

His overall awareness seems better than I would have thought and he’s adapted pretty instantly
I hope your right!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Today he had 15 touches , which isn't what bothers me , but he was dispossessed 6 times and won 11% of his ground duels , for a lad that size its pretty poor
He was dreadful tonight. He was similar v Hull. I had thought v Watford he looked fairly promising and it had given me hope for the first time. Now worried that was the anomaly. He doesn’t look like a footballer, but an athlete playing football. Hopefully we see more Watford Wright

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Today he had 15 touches , which isn't what bothers me , but he was dispossessed 6 times and won 11% of his ground duels , for a lad that size its pretty poor

It is frustrating when the ball goes forward and you see Godden challenge but nearly always lose. You can accept that in some ways though, as he isn't built the same way, and yet still contributes by scoring the goals in the moment. Wright on appearance looks a decent unit, and in the first few games looked fast too. Today he genuinely looked stoned, @shmmeee made a comment I think about LAG, but he was actually right. Several seconds behind constantly. That is a bit concerning.

Londonccfcfan

There was a shot he took first half that i coukdnt believe any international would strike leaning back 45 degrees. Yes you guessed it the corner flag was in danger.

Embarrassing.

Major red flag here.

hill83

I put £20 on him being top scorer in the league when we signed him

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Mucca Mad Boys

Fucking HATE our tempo at the moment, get into a good position wide then pass it back inside, then back again, then back to deep in our half...
We don’t have tempo because our central midfielders cannot love the ball quickly.

The strikers look ineffectual because they don’t really have anything to work with.

hill83

We don’t have tempo because our central midfielders cannot love the ball quickly.

The strikers look ineffectual because they don’t really have anything to work with.

You could also argue the strikers are all wanting an immaculate ball into them, pointing at where they want it whilst ignoring the fact the are being tightly marked and the ball will be coming straight back at us as they fail to control it. So the midfield are taking the safer option of keeping possession. It's just shite all round at the moment.

shmmeee

You could also argue the strikers are all wanting an immaculate ball into them, pointing at where they want it whilst ignoring the fact the are being tightly marked and the ball will be coming straight back at us as they fail to control it. So the midfield are taking the safer option of keeping possession. It's just shite all round at the moment.

Yesterday the pair of them were just running off and hoping the ball would phase through the defender and get to them somehow.

hill83

Yesterday the pair of them were just running off and hoping the ball would phase through the defender and get to them somehow.

It was infuriating. Scared of the ball, hiding basically. They knew the ball couldn't come into them where they were.

I've definitely said this before, but I know exactly what they are doing because I used to do it on Sunday if I drank too much the day before.
It's why I won't have a go at the midfield just yet except Palmer, as he was pushing up doing the same thing a few times as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

It looked like fatso 5 a side, just standing still saying ‘pass it here’ while you’re marked and not in a good position anyway. Same with throw ins, nobody moving and the taker looking resigned to losing possession.

A leader in that dressing room needs to call them all together if the manager won’t.

junglej13

He was dreadful tonight. He was similar v Hull. I had thought v Watford he looked fairly promising and it had given me hope for the first time. Now worried that was the anomaly. He doesn’t look like a footballer, but an athlete playing football. Hopefully we see more Watford Wright
Probably a decent way of putting it. His running style is very upright not unlike Michael Johnson the old 400m runner. Always seems to be in his heels and reactive (albeit very slowly) to what's going on.

My only hope with him is that I was also convinced Gyokeres was a carthorse during his loan spell. Based on what I've seen I'd be aggrieved if we'd spent £1m on him let alone nearly £8m.

fatso

It's still a bit early to really make a judgement but I have concerns
I had major concerns about Simms after the Exeter game, remember that shit show where we didn't start performing until Hamer came on.
I've seen fuck all from Simms or Wright to suggest they are going to be successful here.
Gyokeres and Mcnulty had very slow starts here, but you could see they were making good runs and working hard, I've seen precious little of that from either of our new strikers.
For me, we change things and go 1 up top to accommodate an extra AM.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

OK putting this out there. Put these 7 in order of best forward players in recent championship era

Ellis
Haji
Matt
Martyn
Max
Tyler
Viktor

It will be interesting to see where Max comes in this

WestEndAgro

He really doesn't look interested atm and I'm struggling to see a player in there.
We are definitely still waiting for take off.
I agree with poster's regards no fluidity coming from midfield so it's difficult for him to make his runs.
It's all a bit forced atm, hopefully as we settle as a team it will click into place.

Last edited:

BlueSkiesForever

He doesn’t look like a footballer, but an athlete playing football. Hopefully we see more Watford Wright
Bang on there, that’s exactly what it looks like, some geezer that can run and twist and do athleticy-type shit but can’t actually play football, and it makes sense as his half-brother plays for some random team and his 3 cousins all play American football professionally, so he’s clearly got physical ability but just doesn’t know how to play football.

slyblue57

We need to get the ball to the strikers a lot quicker. This slow tempo doesn’t suit our style.
The Cardiff commentators said that Cov were the slowest transitioning team they d seen in the championship.
Its worrying to think that for the next month or our midfield condists of Eccles, Kelly, Allen, and Palmer . First 3 provide very very little creativity prefering or frightened to try forward runs or anything but sideways or back passes. Palmer is a creative player but seems disinterested at the moment and just can nt pick a pass for love nor money
pusb

BlueSkiesForever

We need to get the ball to the strikers a lot quicker. This slow tempo doesn’t suit our style.
Definitely agree. Someone made a great comment on CWR last night, they said “it was like watching pensioners play walking football”, and I think that’s absolutely bang on. It’s all way too slow and predictable, the opposition know what we’re doing before we’ve done it, nearly every attack is either given away or intercepted. We desperately lack the ability of Hamer to make that incisive through ball, no one in the team seems to have more than a 20% pass accuracy atm, it’s shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread