Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (10 Viewers)

Marty

Not sure these players will be given time to settle. The crowd was on their backs after 70 minutes. The atmosphere doesn't seem to be there either. Weight of expectations I suppose.

I was concerned with his signing but I think he's done alright so far, should have scored with his chance on Saturday though.

AFCCOVENTRY

Not sure these players will be given time to settle. The crowd was on their backs after 70 minutes. The atmosphere doesn't seem to be there either. Weight of expectations I suppose.

I was concerned with his signing but I think he's done alright so far, should have scored with his chance on Saturday though.

Fan expectations have gone up since last season. Unfortunately this isn’t the same team anymore. Fans need to back the players and support them. It’s going to take time.

Grendel

Agree from what I have seen he concerns me more than simms. He clearly has some areas of his game that are decent but first touch and a few others seem lacking and some way off what you would expect for 8m. However, we need to allow the manager and coaching staff to develop him and I think it would be fairest to judge in the new year rather than a handful of games!

It’s strange as from what I’ve seen of him he looks the most impressive of all the signings given I was surprised we’d signed him - his good with both feet, he’s fairly quick and he’s strong.

His overall awareness seems better than I would have thought and he’s adapted pretty instantly

djr8369

Against Leicester, he did and his finish against Boro was v good. He’s a full international with a good goal scoring record in a respectable league.

It’s 4 games in the season and the guy has just uprooted his life from Turkey and needs time to adapt to a new league, new team and new style of play.

A top end L1 striker could cost £5-10m in today’s market. Wright or Simms isn’t going to be better than Gyokeres this season, they will both develop and then who knows.

I don’t get this panic for signings to be 100% from day one. The best manager in the world (Pep) regularly signs marquee players and intentionally sits then on the bench until they fit in the system. With our churn of players, we do not have that luxury.

That all said, you’d already made your mind up before we signed him. Patience is king my friend.
He’s got a goal and an assist after what, one start and 20-30 mins. Ludicrous for people to be worried.

Grendel

What does it matter? He was brought for league 1.

If one day we are winning the prem or CL are you gonna say where is mcfadz now???

Bizarre

Well no as he’s been our stand out defender in the championship and we are his last club

DannyThomas_1981

Give Wright and Simms some time.

Gykores didn't look anything special when he first came to us on loan and I think it is fair to say he turned out alright once he got going :)
Agreed Stretto and even though Gykores was basically unplayable last season - he also like all strikers missed chances. Only in the insane world of SBT do we expect strikers to have a 100% conversion rate. Let's be patient with the new lads as you say.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Agreed Stretto and even though Gykores was basically unplayable last season - he also like all strikers missed chances. Only in the insane world of SBT do we expect strikers to have a 100% conversion rate. Let's be patient with the new lads as you say.
At least Wrights have been on target Gyokeres probably would have skied it or tried to take on the keeper in a 1 on 1

Mucca Mad Boys

Exactly. Remember thinking against Reading (and Birmingham) at home that he'd knocked a few million off of his value. He scored a pen in both those games and genuinely could've had 5 or 6 from open play in those games.

People just need to relax and trust the process.

Skybluedownunder

Bakayoko helped us get promoted from legaue 1 so how about you put some respect on his name?

He was part of the squad, I’d hardly say he was pivotal for our promotion except one game against Charlton. Overall he was very very average and often didn’t produce.
Do you look back at Lee Burge and say put respect on his name he got us out of League Two? He got in team of the year and I’m sure you’d agree a lot of people look back on him and thank fuck he’s gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

He was part of the squad, I’d hardly say he was pivotal for our promotion except one game against Charlton. Overall he was very very average and often didn’t produce.
Do you look back at Lee Burge and say put respect on his name he got us out of League Two? He got in team of the year and I’m sure you’d agree a lot of people look back on him and thank fuck he’s gone

I don't talk badly about him anymore no. Only remmeber him fondly for checkrade perofmance and legaue 2 promotion

We have had decades of shite. Why hate on the few squads that gave us so much joy?

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

He was well below average in my view.

PVA

Not in the squad

It's not a squad, butthead, it's a roster!!

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

AJB1983

In the limited games and highlights I’ve seen of him I think his movement is pretty decent. that goal against Middlesbrough how he dropped back into the space to score the loose ball and then also the chance he should have scored on Saturday the movement to stay onside. This is probably all bread and butter stuff to a striker at our level but he does manage to create a lot of space for himself to create decent openings which is encouraging.

slowpoke

In the limited games and highlights I’ve seen of him I think his movement is pretty decent. that goal against Middlesbrough how he dropped back into the space to score the loose ball and then also the chance he should have scored on Saturday the movement to stay onside. This is probably all bread and butter stuff to a striker at our level but he does manage to create a lot of space for himself to create decent openings which is encouraging.
Talking league games he’s had four 20/30 minutes slots scored a goal, made a goal, smashed the cross bar and yes missed a chance but at least he was in the position to miss.
Let’s give the bloke a chance ffs!

Hertsccfc

Talking league games he’s had four 20/30 minutes slots scored a goal, made a goal, smashed the cross bar and yes missed a chance but at least he was in the position to miss.
Let’s give the bloke a chance ffs!
He didn't miss the chance on Saturday and it was saved. I think that is important as it would have been far worse if he blasted it wide or over the bar. That said I thought he was disappointing.

Last edited:

fatso

He didn't miss the chance on Saturday and it was saved. I think that is important as it would have been far worse if he blasted it wide ir over the bar. That said I thought he was disappointing.
I thought he was far more effective than Simms, caused Sunderland's defence plenty of problems, and closed them down far quicker than Simms did.
I'd definitely start Wright and Godden against Watford.

Hertsccfc

I thought he was far more effective than Simms, caused Sunderland's defence plenty of problems, and closed them down far quicker than Simms did.
I'd definitely start Wright and Godden against Watford.
In other games he has looked far better than Simms so yes I would start Wright and Godden.

Finham

I just can’t believe the fee is £9m for him. He looks very raw and is 25 and hardly torn up any trees in worse leagues. I can’t wrap my head around it at all TBH. I think there’s always going to be a risk with a new recruitment team and a management team who haven’t had cash that we make a big money mistake. Well see.
You too...

Users who are viewing this thread