Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Goal one should never be happening on his watch.

I don’t agree watch it again - I’m sure they are told to hold the six yard line as a zonal tactic and the guy runs through the two strikers and has the momentum to head the ball in - he’s on a standing line

Evo1883

I don’t think he did. Don’t they zonal mark through the back 3? So the guy runs through godden and Wright and he is the player holding the six yard line as he runs into the space - he’s got little chance to make the header from that position.

But there's also the argument the keeper should be able to command the 5 yards infront of him instead of stay static on his line , which is infuriating

Grendel

People are also blaming him for the third but that’s entirely Sakatomo

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t agree watch it again - I’m sure they are told to hold the six yard line as a zonal tactic and the guy runs through the two strikers and has the momentum to head the ball in - he’s on a standing line
I watched it from point blank, you have to at least try to challenge for the cross.

clint van damme

Matty godden

"Does nothing but score "

Should be a t shirt .

Because the logic is that insane its what drives me mental

He cleared Hulls first and 3rd corners on Friday. One of them he made the initial challenge at the near post then cleared the follow up.

Londonccfcfan

But there's also the argument the keeper should be able to command the 5 yards infront of him instead of stay static on his line , which is infuriating
It was so obvious that grouping at corner..we just had to have players ready to block their runs. Absolute basics!!!

Londonccfcfan

Wilson was also rooted to his line for the 2nd goal. Even if he had stepped up a yard or 2 and narrowed the angle he could have reached it , it wasnt a bullet header it was just well placed beyond his reach.

hill83

It's not Mcfadz' man, Wright was ball watching and the bloke ran off his back for a free header

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It wasn't even that, Wright had his man marked, there was an unmarked player the entire move. We had 2 men on one in the middle.
It was well worked by them to be fair.

Terry_dactyl

Can sign Grant, Ramsey etc though. They were still bang average though so should cool their jets over narrowly beating the worst Cov performance of the season.
Well, that’s kinda my point. I did say in the summer to a couple of cardiff fans that there are a lot decent players to be had on the ‘free market’.
Yet we sign players for £7mil, who may or may not be decent.

I can’t blame them for being upbeat; they’ve just beaten their local rivals and the team who just missed out on the prem, in the space of a few days…without their best players. They might view it that they made us look ordinary.

SkyBlueMatt

We did at times but Collins naturally plays higher and is better with his feet , team moves the ball too slow atm from the back

I agree but I that has more to do with whats going on in front of him. He's not been perfect but for all the possession we had last night, how little we did with it. We shouldn't be passing back to the keeper as much as we did last night. We invited pressure.

The centre midfield pair constantly passing back to the back four, then the back 3 passing between themselves because the attacking players were static and they would only receive the ball back from the CM pair.

When we did break the half way line, we'd have 6 players completely marked out the game, no impetus to get themselves open.

You only had to look at the throw ins in their half. Static again, offering no options.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, that’s kinda my point. I did say in the summer to a couple of cardiff fans that there are a lot decent players to be had on the ‘free market’.
Yet we sign players for £7mil, who may or may not be decent.

I can’t blame them for being upbeat; they’ve just beaten their local rivals and the team who just missed out on the prem, in the space of a few days…without their best players. They might view it that they made us look ordinary.
They might, and they’d be wrong.

Terry_dactyl

They might, and they’d be wrong.
Well, we might think that…I think I do…but it’s a massive improvement for them regardless.
I’m starting to think we might have serious problems. I’ve thought this multiple times before so won’t panic just yet*.

*sometimes I’ve been right!

SkyBlueMatt

Haji did it a few times late in the game but he should have dropped deeper, given some options to the midfield & defence. We're playing 2 upfront, both players can't just wait for the ball to come to them.

Our attacking 3 contained Palmer, Wright & Godden. None have the same engine as the likes of O'Hare & Allen.

Godden gets a pass because he is banging the goals in and that's all you can ask for from your poacher. Not only that he's the one I noticed trying the press and close down.

Terry_dactyl

Haji did it a few times late in the game but he should have dropped deeper, given some options to the midfield & defence. We're playing 2 upfront, both players can't just wait for the ball to come to them.

Our attacking 3 contained Palmer, Wright & Godden. None have the same engine as the likes of O'Hare & Allen.

Godden gets a pass because he is banging the goals in and that's all you can ask for from your poacher. Not only that he's the one I noticed trying the press and close down.
There was an instance in the 2nd half where a hopeful ball was played from the wing into their box. It curled past godden and the last defender and went to the keeper.
I watched Haji delay his run, then check his run towards where the ball was going. I’m sure if he’d have gambled, with his speed, he’d have made it a very close call.
He’s definitely got attributes, and 2 poor games doesn’t make him a bad signing but he needs to improve.
It was nice to hear the city fans still cheering him on…then coming on here to slate the fuck out of him! That’s the right way round!

SkyBlueMatt

Poor old Godden getting flack for Palmer's lack of workrate

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I thought Godden had the best work rate out of the three last night but we all know that he isn't up there with some others. Which is fine because that isn't his strength but he can be relied on to close down when we do press high.

Referring back to the games with Gyok, O'Hare & Allen playing the high press and not giving defences a chance to play out.

skybluecam

I’m not getting this hatred for Wright at all. He’s been poor yes, but you can see what he offers. He’s big and pacy, and can beat a man when he gets his feet sorted.

Strikers are often confidence players. If it clicks for him I think he’s a danger to any team.

Plus it’s very harsh for our strikers to be getting the bulk of the flak when it’s fairly obvious our biggest issue is the gaping hole in midfield.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not getting this hatred for Wright at all. He’s been poor yes, but you can see what he offers. He’s big and pacy, and can beat a man when he gets his feet sorted.

Strikers are often confidence players. If it clicks for him I think he’s a danger to any team.

Plus it’s very harsh for our strikers to be getting the bulk of the flak when it’s fairly obvious our biggest issue is the gaping hole in midfield.
There are problems all over the pitch to be honest and they aren’t trivial. 7 conceded in 3 now.

Warwickhunt

Wright needs to constantly move the opposition backline instead of standing next to a defender waiting for a ball, its too easy for opposition defence at the moment

skybluecam

There are problems all over the pitch to be honest and they aren’t trivial. 7 conceded in 3 now.
I think the root of most of them is midfield.

We’re trying to play a possession based system yet Eccles is lacking technically and Kelly doesn’t have the legs to create angles or the vision to pass forward and break lines.

Londonccfcfan

Big issue is when it's not working for you or the team you have to put yourself about do the basic minimum. At least let the defenders know your there! He offered nothing. His shooting whilst leaning back is awfull something a school kid wouldn't do.

I'm struggling to see the positives. When honestly I have searched for them long and hard.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the root of most of them is midfield.

We’re trying to play a possession based system yet Eccles is lacking technically and Kelly doesn’t have the legs to create angles or the vision to pass forward and break lines.
Don’t you also prefer the modern trend of endless passing without shooting?

napolimp

He's messing around with the defence, to be fair, and we don't know how much of that is forced. Of the 5 of them there are problems with fitness, game time, not being up to speed, etc. Lats flew back from Jamaica and started 48 hours later, Fadz had a funeral and we don't know the mental impact. They need to stick to a three and give them some time.

Saddlebrains

He's messing around with the defence, to be fair, and we don't know how much of that is forced. Of the 5 of them there are problems with fitness, game time, not being up to speed, etc. Lats flew back from Jamaica and started 48 hours later, Fadz had a funeral and we don't know the mental impact. They need to stick to a three and give them some time.

The funeral was for Fadz best friends Dad so suppose its not been ideal for him

Users who are viewing this thread