Gyokeres (3 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

I think this is what I find bizarre about DK's rhetoric. He insists fans should be making more of a financial commitment to the club, yet as it stands doesn't appear overly willing to share in that commitment.

If indeed he's not, then I don't really understand what his purpose is as owner.
But how do you know he's not willing to share in that commitment? He's been in the door relatively 5 mins and some things have happened. We didn't sell our best players in Jan, Ryton pitches have been re-laid, CBS Arena pitch has been re-done, we're seemingly less of a pushover than before.

I know he said he's not going to spunk millions on transfers but as it stands, none of us (not even the supposed ITKs), know who we're currently working on to join the club. It's naive thinking to think that we're not in discussions with anyone (not necessarily directed at you that one) or about to spend money.

This isn't a DK 'love in' post. I just find it hard when there's some saying that he's not spending when the truth is we simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Personally speaking, I've seen what the club are spending on accommodation for the first 4 away games of the season - they're not scrimping and saving or going for the cheapest options, that's for sure.

djr8369

I think this is what I find bizarre about DK's rhetoric. He insists fans should be making more of a financial commitment to the club, yet as it stands doesn't appear overly willing to share in that commitment.

If indeed he's not, then I don't really understand what his purpose is as owner.
Hasn’t he said he’s covering some of the operating losses or at least the interest on them?

Silsden

But how do you know he's not willing to share in that commitment? He's been in the door relatively 5 mins and some things have happened. We didn't sell our best players in Jan, Ryton pitches have been re-laid, CBS Arena pitch has been re-done, we're seemingly less of a pushover than before.

I know he said he's not going to spunk millions on transfers but as it stands, none of us (not even the supposed ITKs), know who we're currently working on to join the club. It's naive thinking to think that we're not in discussions with anyone (not necessarily directed at you that one) or about to spend money.

This isn't a DK 'love in' post. I just find it hard when there's some saying that he's not spending when the truth is we simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Personally speaking, I've seen what the club are spending on accommodation for the first 4 away games of the season - they're not scrimping and saving or going for the cheapest options, that's for sure.
What I’m reading into this is we’ve blown the budget on high end hotels and Doug’s minibar bill

Colin Steins Smile

Pretty sure he’s here to stabilise the club financially and infrastructure wise and then the club will sold on. He’s more hands on to get a job done that Sisu couldn’t. Just my hunch.
There’s basically two ways to make money owning a championship club.
1. Get promoted to the PL and then sell.
2. Find some person with more money than sense to sell too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I expect the transfer to be completed before he's due back after his extra time off for international duty. If it gets to the point of him being due back, not sold but not at training would generate a lot of interest and speculation that the club just don't need.

David O'Day

He is putting money in as well, he said at the forum that he is going to out a fair bit of money in to Ryton

Grendel

Someone did and I wouldn’t expect it came from his back pocket but doesn’t mean he didn’t raise the funds, from his hedge fund, for example.

Wonder if there is a charge on Ryton and who it is and whose asset is actually is

Grendel

Because in the long run, that's sustainable and not worrisome.

How isn’t it sustainable if he’s actually funding it himself?

djr8369

Last time I looked in Companies House the information was scant but aligned with what DK had said publicly.

Tomh111

How isn’t it sustainable if he’s actually funding it himself?
You're expecting an external party to indefinitely fund operating losses.

What happens if he runs out of money? What happens if he gets bored?

Football fans clamour for owners to pump millions in, yet grumble at an extra hundred themselves - just look at the hypocrisy of GIMOC around the price of boxes and the way he is now endlessly slating King for not funding multi-million pound spending.

We as a club have to expand and maximise revenue streams. Its also normal to use some of the transfer fees to plug operational losses.

Happy_Martian

Something else to screw with the finances....

The club announced we had record season ticket sales this preseason. That's money up front that they wouldn't have been expecting (or as much of it). We had the playoffs and the potential of a portion of the Playoff Final monies if that had been agreed with Luton.

The costs of the boxes (which I still bet we'll sell out by season start) was increased so another potential income input.

So from the comments on this thread alone, why are we struggling to buy a packet of cigarettes and a fish and chip supper until we sell Hamer, Gyok, CoH, the crown jewels and the signed Jimmy Hill poster from the boardroom ??

Grendel

Football fans clamour for owners to pump millions in, yet grumble at an extra hundred themselves - just look at the hypocrisy of GIMOC around the price of boxes and the way he is now endlessly slating King for not funding multi-million pound spending.

We as a club have to expand and maximise revenue streams. Its also normal to use some of the transfer fees to plug operational losses.

Sorry this is nonsense

Anyone who buys a business really in any sector with growth ambitions will have a plan to provide funding to do so

In fact in kings initial comments were that the owners of Covcityco would provide that very funding

Supporter funds alone do not support football clubs

The club easily loses £90k every week. What you are suggesting is that if we. Any sake Gyokeres the club should reduce its staff and / or expect fans to cough up more while the owner contributes nothing

I think supporters have backed the club enough don’t you?

Even Sisu invested in hard cash around £20 million at the point of takeover

djr8369

Sorry this is nonsense

Anyone who buys a business really in any sector with growth ambitions will have a plan to provide funding to do so

In fact in kings initial comments were that the owners of Covcityco would provide that very funding

Supporter funds alone do not support football clubs

The club easily loses £90k every week. What you are suggesting is that if we. Any sake Gyokeres the club should reduce its staff and / or expect fans to cough up more while the owner contributes nothing

I think supporters have backed the club enough don’t you?

Even Sisu invested in hard cash around £20 million at the point of takeover
The logic seems circular though. The championship is a money pit so owners need to fund to progress which makes the championship a money pit as other teams have wealthy owners.

fernandopartridge

Well it's the owner's job to get the club to a profitable position then and like all businesses that requires investment and covering losses.

Sky Blue Pete

Why no signings then do you think??

djr8369

Well it's the owner's job to get the club to a profitable position then and like all businesses that requires investment and covering losses.
Most owners aren’t putting their own money in though are they (outside of football). The business cuts its cloth accordingly then the owner might raise finance. The fact this is expected in football is partly why it’s such a mess financially.

Users who are viewing this thread