Gyokeres (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

The logic seems circular though. The championship is a money pit so owners need to fund to progress which makes the championship a money pit as other teams have wealthy owners.

By all means lobby for change. But it is what it is for now.

shmmeee

Most owners aren’t putting their own money in though are they (outside of football). The business cuts its cloth accordingly then the owner might raise finance. The fact this is expected in football is partly why it’s such a mess financially.

Outside of football I’m not sure a situation like the Championship exists…

Skyblueweeman

Why no signings then do you think??

Da Silva?

Look at the rest of the Championship - it's not as everyone is leaving us behind in terms of numbers through the door. There's a multitude of reasons as to why we've not brought in more than 1.

Would I like 10 new signings today so they have more time to integrate and give MR time to judge his best 11? Sure.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world but history has told us that MR and his team know what they're doing (overall).

djr8369

Da Silva?

Look at the rest of the Championship - it's not as everyone is leaving us behind in terms of numbers through the door. There's a multitude of reasons as to why we've not brought in more than 1.

Would I like 10 new signings today so they have more time to integrate and give MR time to judge his best 11? Sure.

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world but history has told us that MR and his team know what they're doing (overall).
You seem calm how many beds you booking for these away games?

Tomh111

Sorry this is nonsense

Anyone who buys a business really in any sector with growth ambitions will have a plan to provide funding to do so

In fact in kings initial comments were that the owners of Covcityco would provide that very funding

Supporter funds alone do not support football clubs

The club easily loses £90k every week. What you are suggesting is that if we. Any sake Gyokeres the club should reduce its staff and / or expect fans to cough up more while the owner contributes nothing

I think supporters have backed the club enough don’t you?

Even Sisu invested in hard cash around £20 million at the point of takeover
I'm not arguing he shouldn't invest, but the idea that transfer fees shouldn't be used to mitigate losses is frankly, nonsense.

fernandopartridge

Most owners aren’t putting their own money in though are they (outside of football). The business cuts its cloth accordingly then the owner might raise finance. The fact this is expected in football is partly why it’s such a mess financially.
Are you suggesting that debt driven investment is more sustainable than (wealthy) owner driven?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Sorry this is nonsense

Anyone who buys a business really in any sector with growth ambitions will have a plan to provide funding to do so

In fact in kings initial comments were that the owners of Covcityco would provide that very funding

Supporter funds alone do not support football clubs

The club easily loses £90k every week. What you are suggesting is that if we. Any sake Gyokeres the club should reduce its staff and / or expect fans to cough up more while the owner contributes nothing

I think supporters have backed the club enough don’t you?

Even Sisu invested in hard cash around £20 million at the point of takeover

The supporters would be backing the club even more if they could by buying merchandise if it was available, sometimes the club really doesn’t help itself

SBAndy

I'm not arguing he shouldn't invest, but the idea that transfer fees shouldn't be used to mitigate losses is frankly, nonsense.

Always think it’s best to look at players as ‘stock’. Bring it in, add value (via training, match experience, etc), look to sell at a profit.

I’ve no major issue if Doug doesn’t want to invest huge sums but at the very least he should be bridging the funding gap created pre-Vik sale. That was ultimately the undoing of SISU.

NorthernWisdom

You're expecting an external party to indefinitely fund operating losses.

What happens if he runs out of money? What happens if he gets bored?
You sell the players you otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy, and revert to where we are now or, hopefully, better than we are now as we'll have been on the side of economic growth as a result of that inward investment.

Tomh111

The supporters would be backing the club even more if they could by buying merchandise if it was available, sometimes the club really doesn’t help itself
But if the club had signed a shirt sponsor at championship levels and then been promoted we would've been blasted as being amateur - Which I think we all know is the hold up with the kit?

Terry Gibson's perm

But if the club had signed a shirt sponsor at championship levels and then been promoted we would've been blasted as being amateur - Which I think we all know is the hold up with the kit?

They can sell other items and be just looked at the kids section five items available.

DrPoolittle

Always think it’s best to look at players as ‘stock’. Bring it in, add value (via training, match experience, etc), look to sell at a profit.

I’ve no major issue if Doug doesn’t want to invest huge sums but at the very least he should be bridging the funding gap created pre-Vik sale. That was ultimately the undoing of SISU.
The undoing of SISU was their inability to communicate with the fans.

Ultimately, their model took us to within minutes of the EPL.

Nobbie_67

The undoing of SISU was their inability to communicate with the fans.

Ultimately, their model took us to within minutes of the EPL.

The only time I heard it referred to as EPL was when I lived in India. Happy memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Is what you’ve heard a loan cos no way I believe were dropping £7m on a player
I wouldn’t have thought it would be a loan if he’s signing imminently, he would have been part of Everton’s 25 man PL squad surely?

Users who are viewing this thread