Gyokeres (10 Viewers)

Sizzler

Anyone explain why he'd sign a new contract? I hope I'm wrong, but if it was going to happen it'd have happened by now.... I'm hoping for a major pile on when he kicks off for us against Leeds in August.....

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Anyone explain why he'd sign a new contract? I hope I'm wrong, but if it was going to happen it'd have happened by now.... I'm hoping for a major pile on when he kicks off for us against Leeds in August.....
Well, he'd earn a fair few quid more for a short while even if he left.

Plus if it ups the transfer fee he'd get a bigger amount from that too as a signing on fee.

Sizzler

Well, he'd earn a fair few quid more for a short while even if he left.

Plus if it ups the transfer fee he'd get a bigger amount from that too as a signing on fee.
Good argument... not enough to convince me that he's bothered about a couple of K extra for a few months.... fingers crossed though.

slowpoke

[QUOTE="Mucca Mad
In an ideal world, we’d keep Gyo and get promoted with him as our talisman. To be candid, our squad is so far off the standard required to make a real go at promotion, we need to sell him and get 3-5 better quality players.
[/QUOTE]
Well according to the league table we are about 5 points off.

skyblue025

[QUOTE="Mucca Mad
In an ideal world, we’d keep Gyo and get promoted with him as our talisman. To be candid, our squad is so far off the standard required to make a real go at promotion, we need to sell him and get 3-5 better quality players.
Well according to the league table we are about 5 points off.
[/QUOTE]
It's not the points difference that will stop us making it, it's that we need to be better than a minimum of the 5 teams above us to make it. 3 of them are big hitters getting parachute payments with deep squads. Watfords run in is as easy as ours on paper. They play 8 of the bottom 9 with 6 of them at home.

shmmeee

Love Andy Turner's Transfer Secret...

Scouts watch players.

MIND...BLOWN

TBH now the club have started putting the full interview on one webpage that actually loads, and posting pre game injury updates, there’s very little reason to go to the Telegraph. But those fucking headlines keep me clicking just in case this is the 1 story in 1000 that’s got some information that’s not in the public domain.

skyblue025

It is quite literally the points difference that would stop us making it
I worded it badly. We can easily make up the 5 points to Luton/Milwall but I expect Watford, Norwich and probably West Brom to get more points than us on the run in. Especially Watford who have a very nice run of games until the end of the sesson.

Hobo

Scouts watch players.

MIND...BLOWN

Hey come on! The amount of researh he did for that article and spent ages thinking up the headline to go with it.

Warwickhunt

i think Victor needs to change his shirt to a Skin tight one and cover with vaseline on the back. That will stop the cheating sods from grabbing and pulling him back. look at Traori of Wolves he is glistenng when he comes on!

Colin Steins Smile

Scouts watch players.

MIND...BLOWN
I think we can expect interest from Brentford, as Ivan Toney could be heading for a lengthy ban due to the 200+ charges connected to gambling. They'll need a replacement next season.

Danceswithhorses

I always thought footballers should have shirts with a detachable back, stuck together with velcro.
It would stop shirt-pulling in its tracks. Defenders would be caught with half a shirt in their hand, it would even have the player's number on it.
Or make mittens compulsory, so shirts cant be grabbed lol ?

edgy

"Asked if it’s the Premier League then, he replied: “It is clear that it would have been fun to play there, but I don’t think about it too much. I can play in some other leagues too.”

This is from an interview whilst away on international duty. Funny wording "would have been fun to play there [Prem League]" - maybe just a translation thing?

Sky Blue Harry H

i think Victor needs to change his shirt to a Skin tight one and cover with vaseline on the back. That will stop the cheating sods from grabbing and pulling him back. look at Traori of Wolves he is glistenng when he comes on!
Really funny you should say that,; i saw that photo of the Luton defender with a handful of his shirt, about a foot away from Vik's body, thinking - one of those skin tight vests, greased up or whatever, and it'd cut out about 75% of the defensive tactics against him. Be horrible for Vik having to play in a top like that though. Maybe wire him up with a top that transmits electric shocks?!

Flying Fokker

Really funny you should say that,; i saw that photo of the Luton defender with a handful of his shirt, about a foot away from Vik's body, thinking - one of those skin tight vests, greased up or whatever, and it'd cut out about 75% of the defensive tactics against him. Be horrible for Vik having to play in a top like that though. Maybe wire him up with a top that transmits electric shocks?!
Alternatively some Gecko material the causes the defender to stick to the shirt.

Calista

It's clearly fake news. One of the twitter replies says ‘Small, compact design and automatic spring function’. That’s definitely not our Vik.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Flying Fokker

Viktor Gyökeres on Sporting's attacking squad
The Swedish striker has scored 40 goals in the last two seasons for Coventry. It is one of the names that please Reuben Amorim

• Photo: Getty Images

Grendel

I must admit I never realised or thought he’s only got one year left

Users who are viewing this thread