Gyokeres (6 Viewers)

EalingSB

Sunderland have a thread devoted to his performance/ability:

Tommo1993

Had a skim read. At least 4 different posters claimed they’d have won if they had him. The shit their fans cling on to is embarrassing.

Gint11

Whilst I fully expect him to go in the Summer there’s a part of me wondering if he’ll stay and sign a new deal.

He’s young and has time
He gets 100% game time and goals
He’s already breaking into Swedens team

We can’t offer him premier league or silly
wages but with a new owner and some cash injection and build a team around him, im curious if he’ll want to give us a chance to go up with us?

I know I’m in cuckoo lane here but you never know! There’s a lot to be said for game time!

SkyBlueMatt

"Outstanding. The difference between the sides (refereeing bollox aside) and one of very few Coventry players that would get in the Sunderland side"

You've got to laugh. I'm not even going to bother comparing players.

slowpoke

Well if we get to the play-offs and have to play Sunderland home and away or a one off at Wembley I’ll be quiet confident.

Londonccfcfan

It's how we replace him, how much we get back to spend on the team. Let's make no mistake it will be massive hole (crater) to fill.

Imo you put Gyokores in the Norwich/Sheffield/West brom team. Then you simply win the league.

CCFC54321

It's how we replace him, how much we get back to spend on the team. Let's make no mistake it will be massive hole (crater) to fill.

Imo you put Gyokores in the Norwich/Sheffield/West brom team. Then you simply win the league.
You cant replace him. What city can do with the money is bring in players that will distribute the goals around more across the team. That midfield is a problem popping up with enough goals from midfield enough to push us on that step further. I include our wing backs in that ‘midfield’ as well.

rexo87

If Diallo did we would.
Exactly. They have a ridiculously good front 4 for this league and still couldn't win. Yes, if they had Vik up top they would probably win, but they don't and never will. Don't think we've ever lost a match and I've thought if we had a certain player we would win. Don't get it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Such a weird take that I've seen from a lot of Sunderland fans and Mowbray - if Vik plays for them they win. Well if Mbappe played for us we would win?

It’s really ducking weird. Our own supporters do it too sometimes thouch
“Without vik we wouldn’t be anywhere near as good”
“Without Vik they are rubbish”

Well obviously. without our best player we spent a chunk of budget on and spent time developing and our style of play around and refused big money for we wouldn’t be as good a team. Very very odd

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s really ducking weird. Our own supporters do it too sometimes thouch
“Without vik we wouldn’t be anywhere near as good”
“Without Vik they are rubbish”

Well obviously. without our best player we spent a chunk of budget on and spent time developing and our style of play around and refused big money for we wouldn’t be as good a team. Very very odd

Agreed. Quackers to suggest otherwise.

SBT

Such a weird take that I've seen from a lot of Sunderland fans and Mowbray - if Vik plays for them they win. Well if Mbappe played for us we would win?

If Wilson, Norton-Cuffy, McNally, McFadz, Doyle, Bidwell, Hamer, Eccles, Allen, Palmer and Gyokeres play for us yesterday then we win the game, simple as.

stupot07

Had a skim read. At least 4 different posters claimed they’d have won if they had him. The shit their fans cling on to is embarrassing.
To be fair they probably would have done. They are a very good side, but like in many games this season Vik was the difference.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

If we had O'Hare fit all season we'd probably be in the play offs now, which is way more frustrating than 'if we had this player we've never owned....'

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They have Diallo who really shouldn’t be in this league and were able to spend millions last summer. Don’t really feel much sympathy.

TomRad85

They have Diallo who really shouldn’t be in this league and were able to spend millions last summer. Don’t really feel much sympathy.
Well yeh its just weird, they've spent significantly more money than us. If Robins was able to add to what we already have with the kind of money they've spanked we might even be top 2. But he didn't so here we are...

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yeh its just weird, they've spent significantly more money than us. If Robins was able to add to what we already have with the kind of money they've spanked we might even be top 2. But he didn't so here we are...

Seeing Luton make another play off charge is a bit galling in that respect

TomRad85

Seeing Luton make another play off charge is a bit galling in that respect
Its all to play for now. Bit of a crowded field and I think we'll fall short, but if we did scrape in the only potential opponents I'd desperately want to avoid is Norwich. They have our pants down every time.

Legia Sky Blue

For me the player Gyokeres has most similarities to from our past in terms of style of play is Cyrille Regis. Both have fantastic control where the ball can be fired at them, but that they manage to still somehow control it and turn. Gyokeres also has that Regis like balance and speed when running with the ball, where challenging defenders kind of bounce off them like in a play station game. There were some differencies though of course. Regis was better in the air, although Gyokeres scores more, albeit of course we also need to remember that Regis was playing for us at the top level.

clint van damme

For me the player Gyokeres has most similarities to from our past in terms of style of play is Cyrille Regis. Both have fantastic control where the ball can be fired at them, but that they manage to still somehow control it and turn. Gyokeres also has that Regis like balance and speed when running with the ball, where challenging defenders kind of bounce off them like in a play station game. There were some differencies though of course. Regis was better in the air, although Gyokeres scores more, albeit of course we also need to remember that Regis was playing for us at the top level.

Think Cyrilles link play was better, though he always played in a 2 so probably to be expected.
He also had what I call soft feet, he could do some real subtle stuff which I loved.

There's nothing subtle about Vik!

Grendel

He’s literally nothing like Regis

Users who are viewing this thread