Gyokeres Deal Details (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

….did we get an additional £5m for goals scored?

wasn’t that part of the deal, and if so it’s worth max-ing out the additional payments first is it not? if he goes now yeah we’ll get a sizeable (around £6- 8M) sell on payment but while he’s still banging goals in and there’s a possibility of other bits let’s hope he stays where he is……

Any add ins get removed from the sell on IIRC so we just get money sooner. I think if the add ons are met the sell on drops from 15% to 10%. I’m sure someone can confirm.

CCFCSteve

The brain dead comments on twitter from bots/stat peddlers is the only reason I'm glad we didn't go up.

They actually think because someone plays in the championship, then a player can't be a decent/top player in the Prem.

I just find it hilarious that rather than take a relatively small punt of £20m, they're now potentially going to have to risk £80m+ to see if he can cut it 🤣🤣 just shows the entitlement from these clubs due to having unlimited money to spend.

Yep, ridiculous. Said recently it was like when spurs were quibbling over £1.5m- 2m upfront for Maddison and ended up with him a few years later for x30 that. Bizarre that they’re all willing to chuck around massive numbers for lads who’ve never lived, let alone played in this country though. He might come good as he’s only young but by all accounts Chelsea spent £32m on Jackson based on a couple of months at the end of the season…as well as hundreds of millions on some tat

Colin Steins Smile

With Sporting top of the Portuguese league and still in the Europa Cup, I can't see them selling in January. If someone comes up with the "reported" 100m euro release clause fee, then it would be interesting to see if Vik wants to leave at this point.

I'm not sure anyone will bid 100m euro's at this point. In the summer, I would think he'll move on.

As for Chelsea.....if they have bid 85m Euro's, how are they stating within FFP?

Evo1883

Shows you the calibre of player , how rare a player like vik is when clubs like Chelsea are trying for 80 mill

Mcbean

i wish they would get on with it so we can have the money - hate people who fanny about during transfer time :eek:

HadjiChippo

I’m shocked no Prem team seriously went for him from us in the summer. So many clubs looking for a high press, tall, powerful striker and yet Sporting got him.

Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Wolves, Man Utd just off the top of my head who he’d have suited down to the ground. Now Chelsea are probably going to pay 3 or 4 times what Sporting paid.

Mcbean

I’m shocked no Prem team seriously went for him from us in the summer. So many clubs looking for a high press, tall, powerful striker and yet Sporting got him.

Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Wolves, Man Utd just off the top of my head who he’d have suited down to the ground. Now Chelsea are probably going to pay 3 or 4 times what Sporting paid.
and they could have got him cheap - crap Scouts - if he isnt playing for the Italians / Germans / Spanish or PSG they arent paying enough money :LOL: fuckem

covcity4life

That’s what I have been trying to suggest to covcity4life. They have no need to sell - unless (a) someone offers at least the release fee of €100m and (b) Gyokeres is happy with the personal terms offered and the destination. (a) + (b) happens, move happens.
I haven't said they will sell for less than release clause. I said they might!. MIGHT! What if real offer 75 and refuse to go higher. Maybe gyok kicks off cos he wants to move. Maybe they don't wanna keep a unhappy player around?

wingy

I haven't said they will sell for less than release clause. I said they might!. MIGHT! What if real offer 75 and refuse to go higher. Maybe gyok kicks off cos he wants to move. Maybe they don't wanna keep a unhappy player around?
How rich are they? they'll want him gone at some point, not yet though?

NorthernWisdom

Yep, ridiculous. Said recently it was like when spurs were quibbling over £1.5m- 2m upfront for Maddison and ended up with him a few years later for x30 that. Bizarre that they’re all willing to chuck around massive numbers for lads who’ve never lived, let alone played in this country though. He might come good as he’s only young but by all accounts Chelsea spent £32m on Jackson based on a couple of months at the end of the season…as well as hundreds of millions on some tat
Loads of fans on this board were saying we'd be lucky to get £10mil for him of course...

wingy

Basically they've created a shortage in the.market for this type of player, will only have a short shelf life max 18 months if they're rich enough IMO.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be honest if clubs want to waste their money in that fashion, why stop them? Leaves the better value players available for the rest of us

Silsden

Sporting felt like his number one choice though, seems like his agent played a blinder. Good move and fee involved to be followed up by a massive one 12 months later

Hobo

With Sporting top of the Portuguese league and still in the Europa Cup, I can't see them selling in January. If someone comes up with the "reported" 100m euro release clause fee, then it would be interesting to see if Vik wants to leave at this point.

I'm not sure anyone will bid 100m euro's at this point. In the summer, I would think he'll move on.

As for Chelsea.....if they have bid 85m Euro's, how are they stating within FFP?

Agree totally.

On the last point, Chelsea sell loads of young players each year which is pure profit and they receive a percentage with sell on clauses also. It is why academies are important, even if they don't make the first team

Mucca Mad Boys

Sporting felt like his number one choice though, seems like his agent played a blinder. Good move and fee involved to be followed up by a massive one 12 months later
IIRC, on the Sporting side they sold themselves as a destination to develop and attract a massive move in the future.

In hindsight, Sporting has gave him a better opportunity to put himself in the shop window than say, the host of Prem clubs supposedly interested; Wolves, Palace, West Ham and so on.

Skybluedownunder

It’s a mentality thing for the big clubs… they just won’t buy from the championship to be a first team player. Crazy cause now they are going to pay 4x more for the same player cause he’s done a year in a bigger league in their opinion but most teams other than the big few are no better than the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

It’s a mentality thing for the big clubs… they just won’t buy from the championship to be a first team player. Crazy cause now they are going to pay 4x more for the same player cause he’s done a year in a bigger league in their opinion but most teams other than the big few are no better than the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might cause some competition?
Brentford.

Chris1987

2 more goals for Vic last night .
In the Portuguese league this season 18 matches 15 goals , 8 assists
Stay fit Vik and get sold for a crazy sum at the end of the season please .

Sbarcher

Sporting score 8 and Vic only gets 2. Absolute disgrace, £10m off his value.

Hobo

I could see Vik at Spurs, Liverpool or even Utd. Those 3 are all in need of a finisher, as Nunez, Richardson and Hojlund cant hit a cows arse with a banjo...its who can afford him because come the end of the season the list of admirers will grow as will his value.
Please not United (I know I'm letting my personal dislike of a bunch of self entitled glory hunter supporters cloud my financial judgement 😂)

Users who are viewing this thread