Gyokeres Deal Details (10 Viewers)

edgy

Sporting have communicated to the Securities Market Commission (CMVM) the values involved in their 2023 transfer market deals, with player entries and exits, including bonuses and commission values.

The club reveals that they paid out an initial €20m (£17.5) to City for the Sweden international, with another €4m due in bonuses “added upon achieving objectives,” which are usually based on the usual performance criteria of the number of games played and goals scored. That could see Coventry eventually receive a total of €24m, which is just short of £21m.

The deal also included two million euros in commission, paid for intermediation in the deal (basically agents fees), taking the overall cost of the transfer to Sporting to €26m. The document, which is reported by Portuguese outlet ojogo.pt, also says that Coventry City retains 15 percent of future capital gains (sell-on clause), which can be reduced by up to 10%.

The Swedish international’s former club, it says, is entitled to “15 percent of future capital gains, which can be reduced up to 10 percent at the option of Sporting SAD, or depending on the partial achievement of individual and collective objectives.”

skybluecam

15 percent of future capital gains, which can be reduced up to 10 percent at the option of Sporting SAD, or depending on the partial achievement of individual and collective objectives.
Any idea what this means? They can buyout our sell on clause? What does the bit about objectives mean?

David O'Day

Any idea what this means? They can buyout our sell on clause? What does the bit about objectives mean?
i think basically if he stays with them longer and hits all the money triggering targets the sell on goes down to 10%

edgy

Might be wrong but I wonder if this was actually the payment owed to Brighton who were due 10%. In sure that was included in the original release

It specifically says its a payment for brokering the deal:

"The deal also included two million euros in commission, paid for intermediation in the deal (basically agents fees)"

LastChance

Might be wrong but I wonder if this was actually the payment owed to Brighton who were due 10%. In sure that was included in the original release
"Coventry City retains 15 percent of future capital gains (sell-on clause), which can be reduced by up to 10%." - does this mean the 15% sell-on clause,itself, can be reduced by 10%, I.e. by 1.5%?

Greggs

What are you on about 😂. We signed a player for a million sold him for £21 with a 15% sell on clause after 1 amazing season for us.

For fuck sake people on here honestly love moaning could fucking whinge about anything.

what is going on in peoples lives that makes them this way
Who 3 months later is being valued at 60-70 million. Does that not just slightly frustrate you and make you wonder what might have been?

What is going on in people's lives that makes them so timid, accepting and passive.

Seaside-Skyblue

Who 3 months later is being valued at 60-70 million. Does that not just slightly frustrate you and make you wonder what might have been?

What is going on in people's lives that makes them so timid, accepting and passive.
Players seem to command higher fees based on the club they are at. A Gyokeres at Lisbon scoring 20 goals is probably double the fee a 20 goal Gyok is here, just seems to be the way. My point being he'd have never have brought in fee that while in the championship with us. You see some bang average players being sold from prem for extortionate amounts.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Totally irrelevant. We got a brilliant deal. He’s probably worth about £25m now. If anyone pays £60m they’ve been well and truly done. Players go up and down in value all the time but funnily enough people won’t pay the same fee for a championship goal scorer as they would for one playing in Europe etc.

Reactions: vow

curly_tom

We sold a 60 million quid player for 20 million. Great deal.
That's a strange comment. He wasn't worth £60m and wouldn't have been had we been promoted. It might have gone up had he had a great season in the Premier League but he may not have stayed even if we had gone up. No-ne would pay £60m for a player unproven in a top league. I would be surprised if he got to £60m even if he has a great season for Sporting. We got a very good deal for him I think and to get a bit more if he does well would be excellent too

Greggs

That's a strange comment. He wasn't worth £60m and wouldn't have been had we been promoted. It might have gone up had he had a great season in the Premier League but he may not have stayed even if we had gone up. No-ne would pay £60m for a player unproven in a top league. I would be surprised if he got to £60m even if he has a great season for Sporting. We got a very good deal for him I think and to get a bit more if he does well would be excellent too
Chelsea paid 40 million for Cole Palmer who played 19 time for Man City in 3 years. Your argument is invalid.

Gint11

Or he could have done his ACL and be worth nothing. The deal we did at the time was bloody good!

Viktor17

Valued in a different environment and under different circumstance.

we got the best deal we could get in our circumstance. We also have a decent sell on, again good work.

why get frustrated over something that no one will ever no answer too? Odd.

Greggs

Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

Valued in a different environment and under different circumstance.

we got the best deal we could get in our circumstance. We also have a decent sell on, again good work.

why get frustrated over something that no one will ever no answer too? Odd.

Users who are viewing this thread