Gyokeres Deal Details (5 Viewers)

HadjiChippo

Sounds like Vik actually had an agent who’s interested in his long term success, most would’ve jumped at the higher value prem money, even if it meant going to a club like Wolves/West Ham/Everton etc., and having his career potentially stagnate.

Now he’s on the cusp of a massive money move to a Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd etc., if Hamer had an agent use that sense he might not be at the worst club in the prem right now.

Alkhen

Sounds like Vik actually had an agent who’s interested in his long term success, most would’ve jumped at the higher value prem money, even if it meant going to a club like Wolves/West Ham/Everton etc., and having his career potentially stagnate.

Now he’s on the cusp of a massive money move to a Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd etc., if Hamer had an agent use that sense he might not be at the worst club in the prem right now.
Exactly this, taking a year in a pretty top heavy league like Portugal meant Vik could leapfrog the low end/middling Prem teams. He has spent the year filling his boots often playing teams that would struggle in the championship. He did crucially take his chances in the big games so far. Now his profile is high enough he'll get a move at a big prem club where he'll be surrounded by quality players and he can actually push on.

I think Hamer would shine in the Portuguese league but he instead went to a team destined to struggle.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Exactly this, taking a year in a pretty top heavy league like Portugal meant Vik could leapfrog the low end/middling Prem teams. He has spent the year filling his boots often playing teams that would struggle in the championship. He did crucially take his chances in the big games so far. Now his profile is high enough he'll get a move at a big prem club where he'll be surrounded by quality players and he can actually push on.

I think Hamer would shine in the Portuguese league but he instead went to a team destined to struggle.
And to be fair Hamer has been like a diamond in the rough for Sheff Utd as he’s arguably been their best player by far

fernandopartridge

His agent is interested in having a cut of two transfer fees the second one being much larger

Sbarcher

Sporting 4-0 up at HT. No goals from Vik, he’s a busted flush!

edgy

Nah, I hate Utd with a passion and everything about them. Don't want memories of big Vik tarnished by him signing for them ratty cunts.

If we stand to make £8m from one move or £10m from a move to Utd, it's the £8m every time. :ROFLMAO:

Balli001

Nah, I hate Utd with a passion and everything about them. Don't want memories of big Vik tarnished by him signing for them ratty cunts.

If we stand to make £8m from one move or £10m from a move to Utd, it's the £8m every time. :ROFLMAO:
Then dont complain when we miss out on a player because we didnt have the extra 2 million

Colin Steins Smile

Obviously, we would like Vik to be sold for the highest offer. However, history suggests his agent will be closing off offers from clubs that Vik isn't keen on.

Brighton Sky Blue

Obviously, we would like Vik to be sold for the highest offer. However, history suggests his agent will be closing off offers from clubs that Vik isn't keen on.
Whoever signs him will be asked to pay the release clause. Any haggling will be over personal terms and who Vik actually wants to play for

MalcSB

Whoever signs him will be asked to pay the release clause. Any haggling will be over personal terms and who Vik actually wants to play for
I guess whether the fee is limited to release clause depends on how many clubs are after him and can offer him acceptable personal terms. I can’t remember how long his contract was for.

messiahrobins

People have been saying they think Vik would have stayed if we had been promoted. Not according to that he wouldn't
Vik was not staying, the club knew that 18 months ago and had been scouting Wright for a long time, and even if Vik had decided to stay had we gone up for whatever reason, Robins wanted Wright. We had been looking at Wright long before Simms.

edgy

Do you get it now?

Wouldn't want Vik to line up alongside pricks like Anthony, Fernandez and Onana. Utd are a pathetic club in every respect.

messiahrobins

Do you get it now?

Wouldn't want Vik to line up alongside pricks like Anthony, Fernandez and Onana. Utd are a pathetic club in every respect.
In fairness Anthony will be gone in the summer as i suspect the club will be embarrassed by his cup ear gesture. Fernandez might be gone as well as he is hopeless and rasford will as well so it might not be a bad club to go to as it could be a new squad.

Liquid Gold

4 games left and 7 points ahead so he's about to win the league there and take home the golden boot. Fantastic achievement.

He'll be guaranteed Champions League football next season even if he stays there (which he won't, I've heard Arsenal is nailed on).

Genuinely might end up being the best player we've ever had here. Definitely in modern times.

Users who are viewing this thread