Guess The Crowd v Notts County (3 Viewers)

theferret

I'm not really sure where the expectations of massive crowds come from. Our historical high average home gate is 21k at the Ricoh, often made up of 2k or more away fans.

20k home fans would be excellent really. If it sold out like that Chelsea game, you'd be looking at record gate receipts for a CCFC game I bet.

I guess people think of occasions like Crewe and Gillingham and perhaps expected a similar response. I didn't personally. Everyone who wanted a Wembley ticket last year got one. It's on TV, it's full price and it's one week on from our biggest gate of the season, which may have put a few of the casuals off as it was pretty desperate. I think the home turnout will be about the same as last week.

On gate receipts, the way they work it for playoffs is a joke. We get 12.5% of the cumulative gate receipts for the 4 games, so will only receive revenues from about 7000 people.

Londonccfcfan

I guess people think of occasions like Crewe and Gillingham and perhaps expected a similar response. I didn't personally. Everyone who wanted a Wembley ticket last year got one. It's on TV, it's full price and it's one week on from our biggest gate of the season, which may have put a few of the casuals off as it was pretty desperate. I think the home turnout will be about the same as last week.

On gate receipts, the way they work it for playoffs is a joke. We get 12.5% of the cumulative gate receipts for the 4 games, so will only receive revenues from about 7000 people.

Yup that's after all our match day costs of stewarding/police etc. still that well over 100k made from play offs in gate receipts.
Shame we will only get a fraction of Parking/food sales.

There will be money from Radio/Sky TV broadcasting?

Liquid Gold

Football is expensive , me and dad worked out we had spent 2000 this season between us (based on averages ) could well be more .
That’s before food and drink
Tell me about it. Nearly £400 on season ticket and shirt before anything else then away tickets on top, 200 miles petrol for every home game. Food and drink. I'd be much better off if it wasn't for this bloody club. I do love it though.

Ashdown

Where does the rest go ?

matesx

I didn’t think we’d sell out but predicted 25k

Seems a long way off now, hopefully get 20k

Telly, affordability and late ko taken its toll I guess.

Londonccfcfan

Looks like about 12.5/13k Max sold so far. Plus what Notts have sold 3k? So around 15k plus sold total

Day before Morecambe I’m sure ther was only around 12 /13k max total sold both teams. Walk up on that Saturday was around 3k. Will assume the walk up on Saturday considering it’s a whole day, you’d imagine 3 minimum. So we looking at 20/21k rather than 25k. Which is still pretty decent. And will still be one hell of a atmosphere!

Tommo72

Looks like about 12.5/13k Max sold so far. Plus what Notts have sold 3k? So around 15k plus sold total

Day before Morecambe I’m sure ther was only around 12 /13k max total sold both teams. Walk up on that Saturday was around 3k. Will assume the walk up on Saturday considering it’s a whole day, you’d imagine 3 minimum. So we looking at 20/21k rather than 25k. Which is still pretty decent. And will still be one hell of a atmosphere!

Tbh I think the limited availability is also playing a part, only a few blocks to choose from. At least open up half the North Stand ffs - I get the resource issue but come on.

Also, the 15,000 does not stack up, clearly looks more than that when you work the capacities of each stand out.

gspotgaz

Opening the north stand block by block is s bizarre idea for a game like this, why would someone want a ticket shoved in the corner when they could wait a couple of days or walk up on day and go behind goal

Londonccfcfan

Tbh I think the limited availability is also playing a part, only a few blocks to choose from. At least open up half the North Stand ffs - I get the resource issue but come on.

Also, the 15,000 does not stack up, clearly looks more than that when you work the capacities of each stand out.
Yeah i think it would usually, but...
The front 3 rows x 13 blocks is a block lost there.

Londonccfcfan

Opening the north stand block by block is s bizarre idea for a game like this, why would someone want a ticket shoved in the corner when they could wait a couple of days or walk up on day and go behind goal
Probably due to resource manpower reasons. Hiring stewerds on a needs basis.

Brylowes

The club shoot themselves in the foot, they know the interest will be there for this game
Just open the blocks and sell the tickets. They insist on selling every ticket before opening
More blocks ‘but how many people want single seats on their own, most will be going in
Twos or above ‘and a lot will want to get behind the goal, something you can’t do at this
Club very often.
Just open the North stand and sell the bloody tickets.

Littlewood CCFC

Ive had a good look on the website block by block on the interactive map to see what we have sold -blocks 14,15,16, and 17 are all sold out with 18,19,20,21,22 and 23 all having a few seats left in each block. The corner blocks are the only ones with a couple of rows left to be sold with the 1st block behind the goal only having a few rows sold. With this in mind id say we have sold around 16-17k home tickets with approx 3000 notts sold. So around 20k overall so far.

I agree if the whole north stand was opened we would of sold a few thousand more by now. Maybe there will be a large walkup with fans wanting to go behind the goal. Just hope the club can handle it and can get all the fans through the gates before half 7!

Users who are viewing this thread