Match Thread Forest Green (A) (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Decent game that Coventry controlled until the multiple second half changes. The RWB was superb and has a great low centre of gravity and glided past a few players with ease. Looks like he might be the starting RWB and took corners tonight in Gus's absence. Jay looked decent at LWB without doing anything outstanding. He is obviously well suited to possession based football. Sheaf and Kelly were good in the middle and Simms showed he has lots to offer in front of goal. Was clear that while they were not under pressure the CBs were not a unit and that area of the pitch along with another forward would be the areas I would like to see further adressed next. No 49 up top did a decent job at linking the play and a loan somewhere at Forest Greens level might be what he needs.

mmttww

He is, after all, a right wing back.
We get it. You were right.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

rob9872

Going loco we've got Sakamoto

This. Is. The. One.

Needs filler lines, but it's winner.
Actual:
Going loco down in Acapulco
If you stay too long
Yes, you'll be going loco down in Acapulco
The magic down there is so strong

Going loco, Tatsu Sakamoto
We hope he stays so long
Yes, you'll be going loco Tatsu Sakamoto
The magic down the wings strong

CV22SBA

According to the FGR forum

Attendance: 1345 (564 from Coventry)
Hmm not sure that is correct. I would say we outnumbered them 3 to 1. One stand closed, only about 50 or so behind the other goal and then a couple hundred in the main stand.

Alkhen

That was where we were! Remembered the last time I was there it pissed it down. We were sat in front of some German people!
Would have been in the away end but I panic brought my tickets with my FGR log in when the Cov away tickets were put up for the wrong price! Turned up roses tho as we avoided the drizzle and as made my son's day to meet Gus and the subs at halftime 🙂

rob9872

Would have been in the away end but I panic brought my tickets with my FGR log in when the Cov away tickets were put up for the wrong price! Turned up roses tho as we avoided the drizzle and as made my son's day to meet Gus and the subs at halftime 🙂
Last time they gave us the end under cover behind the goal. Was hardly high profile or required segregation tonight but bizarrely left that one closed.

rob9872

How did Kelly play tonight?
Usual. Nothing special or flashy but ok. To me he's never stood out even in L2 days but equally I reckon he could do that same job on the prem. He's always 6.5/10 for me, never good, never bad just steady.

Alkhen

Last note on the game, was sat in the main stand with my 11yr old lad. We are local to FGR and would probably class them as our 2nd team (sacrilege!) His school even has an ambassador scheme with them. Lots of his mates and teachers are full on supporters...

That said as we sat in amongst the FGR fans just before kick off he whispered in my ear that he hopes Cov smash them! He was up out his seat a few mins later giving it double fist pumps as Simms and Palmer scored 🤣 absolutely zero incognito mode.. good lad. Never felt prouder 💙

Last edited:

slowpoke

564 from Cov sounds like it might have been more is incredible to be honest FGR is a right ball-ache get too especially for a night game, be interesting the numbers that turn up for Shrewsbury and MK Dons.
Are those games pay on the gate ?

TewkesburySkyBlue

Hmm not sure that is correct. I would say we outnumbered them 3 to 1. One stand closed, only about 50 or so behind the other goal and then a couple hundred in the main stand.
I was sat in the main stand which seemed pretty full to me so have no reason to doubt their numbers.

MTK

Actual:
If you stay too long

We hope he stays so long
Going loco with Tatsu Sakamoto
Hear the City sing
Yes, we’ll be going loco Tatsu Sakamoto
There’s magic down there on the wing

Hobo

I was sat in the main stand which seemed pretty full to me so have no reason to doubt their numbers.
Probably just based on what they sold via Cov. Walk up probably purchased tickets in their parts of the ground.

slowpoke

Reckon there will be at least double that 564 for the Shrewsbury match and more for MK Dons.
Then Exeter to view all our yet to see or know new superstars will be loads of Cov holidaying in Devon & Dorset nice shortish trip for them, leave her in doors on the beach, happy days.

stevefloyd

Turning Japanese think I'm turning Japanese really think so
Turning Japanese think we're turning Japanese Sakamoto

stevefloyd

Actual:
If you stay too long

We hope he stays so long
:)

slowpoke

[QUOTE="rob9872, post: 2805597, member: 2037

We hope he stays so long
[/QUOTE]
Like it, now do one for Joel Latibeaudiere 🤭

torchomatic

Sadly, no! I thought Tatsu would play at RWB at least some of the time. I take it he's not doing much defending?

He did actually. He is one of those weird players who is skilful AND gets stuck in. Early days, but he looks a great player.

Users who are viewing this thread