Match Thread Forest Green (A) (3 Viewers)

Greggs

We all know how important pre-season is. It's imperative for us to get off to a winning start. Each keeper to get 15 minutes. Welcome back.

Alkhen

1689680672799.png

Take your pack-a-macs lads.

There is a small covered area in the away end but it'll be a squeeze.

Greggs

Simms has to score tonight, for his own sake.

Alkhen

I think the female caretaker manager is still in charge for tonight and their next friendly. 10-0 to us.

i'll ignore the sexist undertone there.

Odd as BBC has reported they have brought in the Southampton assistant. no news on the FGR official site.

People are thick AF going mental on twitter about them giving a woman the interim job. Its been a good way to smoke out idiots or show up people totally for missing the point of what an interim manager is.

Big Dunc left FGR due to a disagreement on who to hire as assistant, Meant there wasn't many candidates left to hand the reigns to and she was the youth coach makes sense to pass it onto someone who knows the club.

Last edited:

Greggs

Odd as BBC has reported they have brought in the Southampton assistant. no news on the FGR official site.

People are thick AF going mental on twitter about them giving a woman the interim job, either smoking out idiots or showing up people totally missing the point of what an interim manager is.

Big Dunc left FGR due to a disagreement on who to hire as assistant, Meant there wasnt many candidates left to hand the reigns to and she was the youth coach makes sense to pass it onto someone who knows the club.
I swear he was on a really long contract too, can't have been cheap

Alkhen

Literally no FGR fan I know thought Dunc was a good fit, such an odd appointment. I think they just wanted to try the polar opposite to that hapless Ian Buchnall guy, seemed totally out of his depth and came across as far too nice.

Obviously didnt work tho. They were fucked when the day after they went up half their squad left and Rob Edwards jumped ship to Watford

Julie SBA

Wilson
Tats Eccles Fadz Bidwell Dasilva
Hamer (if fit) Sheaf Palmer
Godden Simms

Subs: all change at HT

Unless we mix and match each half with 21's

TomRad85

On the pitch maybe. Why couldn’t a woman manage in the men’s game if she’s good enough? Men manage in the women’s game.
I don't really see it working in all honestly and it was clearly a PR stunt, that said i actually felt sorry for her when i read they found someone else already.

Greggs

Because there is a far far bigger pool of experienced and qualified men, literally thousands queuing up for some sort of managerial or coaching jobs. Men that have spent their lives in and around the mens game. I guess 1% of applicants for job are female, I may be wrong.
On the pitch maybe. Why couldn’t a woman manage in the men’s game if she’s good enough? Men manage in the women’s game.

TomRad85

Literally no FGR fan I know thought Dunc was a good fit, such an odd appointment. I think they just wanted to try the polar opposite to that hapless Ian Buchnall guy, seemed totally out of his depth and came across as far too nice.

Obviously didnt work tho. They were fucked when the day after they went up half their squad left and Rob Edwards jumped ship to Watford
Can't even picture Big Dunc and Dale Vince in the same room. Opposite ends of the testosterone scale for sure.

shmmeee

Because there is a far far bigger pool of experienced and qualified men, literally thousands queuing up for some sort of managerial or coaching jobs. Men that have spent their lives in and around the mens game. I guess 1% of applicants for job are female, I may be wrong.

And what percentage of managers in the men’s game are female?

skybluepm2

People are thick AF going mental on twitter about them giving a woman the interim job. Its been a good way to smoke out idiots or show up people totally for missing the point of what an interim manager is.

Big Dunc left FGR due to a disagreement on who to hire as assistant, Meant there wasn't many candidates left to hand the reigns to and she was the youth coach makes sense to pass it onto someone who knows the club.

Was only said in jest 😉 doesn’t bother me either way. Plus, I’m sure it’ll become far more common within the next decade. If not at managerial level then certainly at AM/Coach level.

It was a strange move by Ferguson, they were in absolute freefall yet he signed a ridiculously long deal of which he barely got 6 months into. Won’t have helped his stock in getting something higher up the pyramid, but I’m sure someone will take a punt on him again sooner rather than later.

Alkhen

I don't really see it working in all honestly and it was clearly a PR stunt, that said i actually felt sorry for her when i read they found someone else already.

It was an INTERIM appointment FSS🤦

She was the youth (male) team coach and is very well regarded at FGR, they didn't have an assistant manager to give it to.

Was always going to make news but even if there was an element of a PR stunt so what? It's not the only example of positive discrimination in football and IMHO it is a really good thing.

'Feel sorry for her' 🙄 massively patronising you assume she only got the role because of a PR stunt

Greggs

She was the youth (male) team coach and is very well regarded at FGR, they didn't have an assistant manager to give it to.

Was always going to make news but even if there was an element of a PR stunt so what? It's not the only example of positive discrimination in football and IMHO it is a really good thing.
The club as a whole is a PR stunt. 100% the players are sneaking in sausage, bacon and chicken while the owner has a crypto farm setup in the storeroom.

TomRad85

'Feel sorry for her' 🙄 massively patronising you assume she only got the role because of a PR stunt
Bore off

Alkhen

The club as a whole is a PR stunt. 100% the players are sneaking in sausage, bacon and chicken while the owner has a crypto farm setup in the storeroom.

So, they aren't forbidden to eat meat? They just don't serve it at the ground.

Yeah the club is set up as a mouthpiece for a different more sustainable way of doing things so?

Better that than being run into the ground by a faceless hedge fund or being used as a means of sports washing by a dodgy middle eastern oil state.

Greggs

So, they aren't forbidden to eat meat? They just don't serve it at the ground.

Yeah the club is set up as a mouthpiece for a different more sustainable way of doing things so?

Better that than being run into the ground by a faceless hedge fund or being used as a means of sports washing by a dodgy middle eastern oil state.
I was joking mate. No way is solar power gonna support a crypto farm.

TomRad85

Well you agreed it was a PR stunt and said so what, for starters. If you agree what you arguing about? Then you made up some claptrap about me being patronising because i feel sorry for her... well i do a bit because after all the press surrounding it she didn't even get a couple of friendlies. You're just looking to be offended, basically.

Users who are viewing this thread