Fleck telling it like it is (2 Viewers)

Ibby

I hope he stays but time will tell. Sky Blues blew promotion this season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I assume he means Jones etc?
Jones sort of proves my point though doesn't he
1) He's joined on loan initially, we could have went the loan route instead of Henderson, Hunt, Ramage, Lorentzon but then we'd be way over our quota of loan players and several would have to miss out every week and we probably wouldn't have got to see Jones play this season
2) We've had to pay a fee for him to secure him for next season, so for this club thats a pretty big investment on recent history. Generally we work in free agents and loans market due to the finances of the club. What are people suggesting? We should have went and spent more money on transfer fee's which we can't afford?
3) Jones was only allowed to leave Dagenham when they clearly had no chance of survival, teams generally aren't going to part with there better players mid season unless you pay cash.

Its just a fact of life at all levels of football, you are going to find it much more difficult to get quality players on the cheap in mid season. Generally you either go into the loan market or pay the asking price of selling clubs.

letsallsingtogether

Again the notion of having to suggest a successor before saying the outgoing manager is absurd.

Management section is an arduous task and much relies on luck and best fit. So it's very possible a manager with a poor track record compared to Mowbray would deliver at this club or a manager like Hill with no prior experience whatsoever.

It's an odd industry. Ranieri was lampooned as an abject failure at Greece. Defeat to the Faroe Islands and a joke figure. Look at Russell Slade and his appointment at Orient. A manager who lost football matches at will but came within an inch of promotion and went on to bigger things.

Wenger once said about Coventry that who'd want to manage them as you'd just lose matches as that is as a premier league manager. Wenger would fail miserably at coventry. The club have tried in Mowbray to employ a manager who is clearly above this league in terms of standing. My belief is this has not really worked. He knows budget limitations in league one but clearly has struggled with it and the league as a whole.

You attack Tony for making a comment and not backing it up then do exactly the same thing yourself.
Now who looks foolish

Users who are viewing this thread