Fleck telling it like it is (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Parting shot?

lifelongcityfan

this guy is spot on...i do not hold out much hope next season unless the club backs mowbray properly

If nmowbray goes and sisu are still here, then it will be my last season as well

Grendel

this guy is spot on...i do not hold out much hope next season unless the club backs mowbray properly

If nmowbray goes and sisu are still here, then it will be my last season as well

Not a lifelong fan after all then?

olderskyblue

haha...still waiting for yur response to my last post....no not lifelong if mowbray goes and sisu stays
the one thing i would not miss is your know it all attitude !!!!

tbf, I think he just beat quite a few of us in posting that comment...

Hadji10

Back Mowbray properly? How's he not been backed this season?

Please tell me how Walsall, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Gillingham, Bradford are all above us please? Did I miss them spending millions last summer?

Our budget for this season has been absolutely more than enough to be able to get us out the division. The first half of the season shown that.

skybluegod

Please tell me how Walsall, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Gillingham, Bradford are all above us please? Did I miss them spending millions last summer?

Our budget for this season has been absolutely more than enough to be able to get us out the division. The first half of the season shown that.

Read the article, clearly he didn't get his preferred targets, while other teams have had a couple years to build up teams, wiht players in their prime. We have had to rely on youth loans. All of those clubs have strikers in their prime who are seasoned pros:
Walsall- Bradshaw
Gillingham- Samuel, Dack, Cody
Scunthorpe- Madden
Barnsley- Winnal
Bradford- Hanson

Yes Arma is brilliant, but he's a teenager who has never played 40 games a season, he needed support in January, and despite this the club didn't get in his preferred targets.
While those clubs also managed to reject bids for their better players, we accepted one for ours, and his form plummeted and it took up another loan spot.

skybluebeduff

Did you miss the whole point of the article where Fleck says to back the manager more?

Hadji10

He was backed, he was given money to sign Rose, Lorentzon, Hunt, Ramage and Darius Henderson and bar Rose the others were absolute shite.

Before the start of this season if you'd have said we'd have a squad with Joe Cole and Ben Turner in it and we didn't go up who would you blame? We were backed this season and the manager failed, no one else.

You bring up Cody, Madden, Hanson etc yet Armstrong has scored more than all of those in the league so what's your point there?

Hadji10

That's the attitude with this fucking club and our moronic fans. Always quick to blame the easy target. Mowbray is 100% at blame for this season's failings and if you can't see that you're delluded.

Samo

That's the attitude with this fucking club and our moronic fans. Always quick to blame the easy target. Mowbray is 100% at blame for this season's failings and if you can't see that you're delluded.

I can feel another flounce coming on.

skybluegod

He was backed, he was given money to sign Rose, Lorentzon, Hunt, Ramage and Darius Henderson and bar Rose the others were absolute shite.

Before the start of this season if you'd have said we'd have a squad with Joe Cole and Ben Turner in it and we didn't go up who would you blame? We were backed this season and the manager failed, no one else.

You bring up Cody, Madden, Hanson etc yet Armstrong has scored more than all of those in the league so what's your point there?

Madden has scored the same and has one more assist.
Dack has contributed to 24 goals this year
Winnall has scored the same.
Bradshaw has scored 3 less but has missed about 2/3 months of the season.

No he wasn't given money clearly you cannot read. He signed players, but they weren't his PREFERRED targets.
We had Turner for 4 games.
Cole took 5 months to get fit.
You spout so much shit it's unreal. Without TM we wouldn't have got the players we did.
You know who is to blame? The players, for not being able to perform. Yes TM takes some of the responsibility. But it isn't solely at his door.
I'm going to trust the opinion of a player inside the club who has first hand experience. Over you saying he has been 'backed'.

skybluebeduff

When Mowbray don;t have a strong enough budget to bring in his target players, and is ultimately left with the shit on the bottom pile because of the budget, then no I don't think you'll find many who 100% blame Mowbray IMO.

Why couldn't SISU of gave Mowbray some of Maddisons money to make that top spot our own? What stopped them?

lifelongcityfan

well we were told the maddison money will be reinvested in the club. If it genuinely is and is incremental ( i do not opersonaaly believe this) then fine. Mowbray will have a chance to rebuild.

chiefdave

But what's the answer here? What is being suggested is to run the club at a loss in the hopes of securing promotion. We've been down that road before and its why we ended up in a mess.

skybluebeduff

But what's the answer here? What is being suggested is to run the club at a loss in the hopes of securing promotion. We've been down that road before and its why we ended up in a mess.

Is it running at a loss? 6 months ago we were breaking even on the gates, then we sold maddison.
Then Chris Anderson turned up and said differently.
Who you wanna believe?.

skybluetony176

I think at our level you either have to back the manager financially or give him time. SISU want to run the club on a neutral footing (not saying that's a bad thing but I'd prefer a sugar daddy owner) and a large section of our fan base don't want to give him any time.

Basically TM is fucked. It's the perfect example of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Warwickhunt

That's how we are going to pay the players during closed season with that money

Samo

I think what people are hoping for is that SISU might throw in a gift of an extra few quid to make us really competitive. Just a little bit of the tax they've avoided by hiding off shore would do. ;)

Ian1779

To be honest if I was Fleck I'd be more worried about a) how he is going to make the step up to the Championship and b) how on earth he got POTY over Stokes.

Good player on his day - but went missing when it really counted too often for us (though not alone in this)

skyblue1991

Top of the league in November.
Went on a horrendous run of form that sees us 7 points away from the top 6.
Oh and Mowbray has done the above twice at Middlesborough.

Sorry, he is he reason why we failed to make the play offs and beyond.

skybluebeduff

Top of the league in November.
Went on a horrendous run of form that sees us 7 points away from the top 6.
Oh and Mowbray has done the above twice at Middlesborough.

Sorry, he is he reason why we failed to make the play offs and beyond.

He joined Boro sat in 22th place, he guided them to safety. He then got that same team to 7th the following season whilst bringing youth players through.

He failed the next season when he was given a decent amount money to spend at Boro, because he never brought the right characters in, he's admitted that, and learned from it.

The players we brought in this season burned out too quickly, again, Mowbray will learn from that too.

Mowbray also broke records this season...

Users who are viewing this thread