Fleck telling it like it is (2 Viewers)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
When Mowbray don;t have a strong enough budget to bring in his target players, and is ultimately left with the shit on the bottom pile because of the budget, then no I don't think you'll find many who 100% blame Mowbray IMO.

Why couldn't SISU of gave Mowbray some of Maddisons money to make that top spot our own? What stopped them?

This where ive to agree think about it, sisu want the club run by itself with gate revenue ect, but what about the maddison money, this what pisses me off they dont say how much hes sold for, dont say where in the club being invested and dont give TM money out of it to make squad stronger to maintain promotion push for me this on sisus head again the fuckwits sooner their gone the better!!

Skyblueweeman

You know who is to blame? The players, for not being able to perform'.

Isn't it the managers job to get the best out of his players? They performed for the first 3 months of the season and the last few games. Why turn off mid-season when we had the chance to turn the screw on our opponents?

Who didn't motivate the players?
Who didn't have a plan B?
Who has form at sliding away?

skybluegod

Isn't it the managers job to get the best out of his players? They performed for the first 3 months of the season and the last few games. Why turn off mid-season when we had the chance to turn the screw on our opponents?

Who didn't motivate the players?
Who didn't have a plan B?
Who has form at sliding away?

The players should be internally motivated. If they aren't they should retire now.
We are clearly showing a plan B now aren't we? Perhaps he made a mistake in not attempting so earlier?
So he's always going to repeat his past is he?

Skyblueweeman

The players should be internally motivated. If they aren't they should retire now.
We are clearly showing a plan B now aren't we? Perhaps he made a mistake in not attempting so earlier?
So he's always going to repeat his past is he?

One of the main remits of a manager is to motivate the players when the tough gets going, is it not? He by and large had the same group of players...why did they seem to lose interest? TM is paid to keep them interested in winning the league...it's what they and he are paid to do.

skybluegod

One of the main remits of a manager is to motivate the players when the tough gets going, is it not? He by and large had the same group of players...why did they seem to lose interest? TM is paid to keep them interested in winning the league...it's what they and he are paid to do.

Yes but i didn't say it wasn't in part his fault? I said it wasn't only his fault? What changed from the first half to the second half of the season? Why did they suddenly stop listening? I doubt he changed much? Why have then suddenly started listening again at the end of the season? Maybe the players, couldn't handle the pressure?

skybluetony176

So you'd retain a manager just because it worked for another club 30 years ago.

Great plan. I'm sure if we'd stuck with peter Reid through the bad times we'd now be drooling over a champions league final.

No you retain a manager who's best qualified to do the job under the constraints said manager has to work under. If sacking managers was the answer we'd be drooling over a champions league final now.

We went backwards under Peter Read over a sensible measured period of time. We havent done that with TM as yet. We've just gone from dodging relegation to our best finish since coming down, watched some good football and if we beat Oldham and the points total for the season with goal difference would have been enough to win us a play off place last season. Why would sacking a manager who has achieved all that in a season be a "Great plan" as you put it?

topcat

well we were told the maddison money will be reinvested in the club. If it genuinely is and is incremental ( i do not opersonaaly believe this) then fine. Mowbray will have a chance to rebuild.

It has been invested in the Club - to pay wages! Be nice if it was invested in players!

shy_tall_knight

Need to also consider the squad he inherited and the substantial rebuild required, he didn't get it right in January but I'm prepared to give him another year.

Nick

Administrator
Need to also consider the squad he inherited and the substantial rebuild required, he didn't get it right in January but I'm prepared to give him another year.

Agree with that.

If he is here for 2 years, we would have either got rid of him in January and got somebody else in in the hope they give the boost to get us promoted.

As they didn't, there's no point giving him the summer then getting rid in November.

letsallsingtogether

Again the notion of having to suggest a successor before saying the outgoing manager is absurd.

Management section is an arduous task and much relies on luck and best fit. So it's very possible a manager with a poor track record compared to Mowbray would deliver at this club or a manager like Hill with no prior experience whatsoever.

It's an odd industry. Ranieri was lampooned as an abject failure at Greece. Defeat to the Faroe Islands and a joke figure. Look at Russell Slade and his appointment at Orient. A manager who lost football matches at will but came within an inch of promotion and went on to bigger things.

Wenger once said about Coventry that who'd want to manage them as you'd just lose matches as that is as a premier league manager. Wenger would fail miserably at coventry. The club have tried in Mowbray to employ a manager who is clearly above this league in terms of standing. My belief is this has not really worked. He knows budget limitations in league one but clearly has struggled with it and the league as a whole.
You say it is absurd but they can't win with you.
You slag off most of the players all of the managers and even the stupid fans who don't agree with you. Don't know why you bother supporting them it obviously makes you miserable.
I am just glad that I am one of the stupid fan's.

shy_tall_knight

I expect TM to address the lack of physicality in the side, we were too vulnerable at set pieces. Expect this may lead to a compromise in our playing style less slick going forward. Also expect a big bugger up front but ublike MAF a goal scorer such as Henderson in a former life. I think Vince might be a casuality. But genuinely hoping to get 3/4 new owned players some with a fee utilising the Madders money.

skybluetony176

You slag off most of the players all of the managers and even the stupid fans who don't agree with you. Don't know why you bother supporting them it obviously makes you miserable.

I'm one of the stupid fans to...

...and proud.

covcity4life

in half a season he saved us from relegation
in 1 full season he took us to best finish in decade?

i am stupid too, i want to see what does with another season.

Chipfat

TM has done good things while at the club and should be giving more time to take it further. It's his 1st proper season with us and has given the fans some good entertainment and hope of a play off position. Things haven't worked out the way he and all wanted, but he will of learnt a lot from this season, his job now is not for it to happen again and show more progression on the field.

We are not that far away couple more wins and we would of been in that the top 6 thinking of Wembley now. So give him time and as long as the club do the same and give him the backing as Fleck stated then the next step is the aim. If he feels like he is boxing with his hands tied behind his back then he will be off with others knowing he has done a decent job in putting the club in a better direction that we have been in a very long time.

My last point is if the owners had shown the same progression off the field as TM and MV have shown on it then Fleck would not be making the comments he did. So if you really want to know the truth about the club, start looking at the roots of the tree, not the trunk and branches for answers to progression and support.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Wenger once said about Coventry that who'd want to manage them as you'd just lose matches as that is as a premier league manager. Wenger would fail miserably at coventry. The club have tried in Mowbray to employ a manager who is clearly above this league in terms of standing. My belief is this has not really worked. He knows budget limitations in league one but clearly has struggled with it and the league as a whole.

Surely, therefore, having had a season to gain experience at this level is a reason to keep him, then?

If you follow your argument that he's at a level above this league in terms of knowledge (not an unreasonable one) then wouldn't it be madness to get rid just as he starts to get that knowledge?

letsallsingtogether

Surely, therefore, having had a season to gain experience at this level is a reason to keep him, then?

If you follow your argument that he's at a level above this league in terms of knowledge (not an unreasonable one) then wouldn't it be madness to get rid just as he starts to get that knowledge?

He should have got the ground running......
Some people don't like giving chances.
We have tried that sacking managers every season it hasn't worked don't see why people persist in thinking it does.
Give a bit more time and see how it pans out we have nothing to lose.

Grendel

Show me links to "most" of the players I have slagged off. There are 3 to my knowledge I have been openly critical off and that "slagging off" pales into insignificance when it's compared to your treatment of our goalkeeper

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bang on, bar the likes of Wigan, Millwall and sheff united, there aren't many teams that could match us for wages. The vast majority of league one managers work under a budget, he could have not bothered signing for example Ramage, hunt, Lorentzson and Henderson and easily brought in at least one if not two higher caliber players.
Could he have though? Its possible to do so, but easily I would say almost certainly not.

Free agents is a different ball game in the summer time as summer is typically when player contracts expire so you can pick up some decent players, if a player is still sitting on his arse in February as a free agent then its likely he's pretty shit.
He could have went loan route but we were already pretty much maxed out on our loan quota.

I guess if enough digging, extensive scouting and research is done we would have found better players than those you mentioned but we didn't really have the foundations in place or the time to do that as he was looking for a quick fix to give back up to a team which was beginning to crack.

stupot07

So TM is happy with the budget?
Typical managers talk.
How many managers at any team do you hear moaning about their budget while they are still employed?

I keep hearing we pay top dollar in wages where does this come from?
Serious quesion.
He wasn't our manager, he had a weeks worth of meetings and negotiations with the owners before agreeing to stay on. He could have walked away, he didn't. He was happy with his working conditions including the wage bill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

It all depends on what you ask. If you ask any manager would you like a bigger budget they are going to say yes. The better question would be is promotion a realistic prospect with the budget you have.

Brylowes

Top of the league in November.
Went on a horrendous run of form that sees us 7 points away from the top 6.
Oh and Mowbray has done the above twice at Middlesborough.

Sorry, he is he reason why we failed to make the play offs and beyond.
Beg to differ, I think he's the reason it was remotely within reach, I think SISU are the
reason it's the only time it's been within reach. These fuckers are killing YOUR club .
But hey keep on blaming managers.:facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

Show me links to "most" of the players I have slagged off. There are 3 to my knowledge I have been openly critical off and that "slagging off" pales into insignificance when it's compared to your treatment of our goalkeeper

There you go again with your links.
So you feel our goalkeeper is adequate? or did you yourself not say that we needed to strengthen in that position?
Yes I have been critical and I admit it, you on the other hand cannot remember what shit you spouted yesterday !!!!
Find your own Links if you cant remember.

letsallsingtogether

He wasn't our manager, he had a weeks worth of meetings and negotiations with the owners before agreeing to stay on. He could have walked away, he didn't. He was happy with his working conditions including the wage bill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But was he we all need to work has he been unidated with offers?
And did he get what he was promised?

Users who are viewing this thread