Fans Meeting Tonight (3 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

A bit surprised they have gone for boycotting a game because it creates a division between people going in and people boycotting. Getting behind the team at matches is the one thing I would have thought everyone agrees on. Shouldn't Protests be separate?
There were several suggestions not everybody agreed with all of them that doesn't mean that all the fans weren't united in the same aim

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think every fan wants the same aim though don't they?

The disagreements are all about the methods.
That's what I was trying in my ham fisted way to say. People know some will boycott some won't etc not everybody has to agree with everything that was suggested doesn't make it disunited.

shmmeee

Why?

Who even cares that this will get the attention of? The media don't give a shit, the owners don't give a shit, the FA don't give a shit. That's pretty much anyone who can do anything. Thousands are already boycotting every game and the hardcore are the most likely to go anyway regardless so any boycott will probably not even be noticed and certainly won't be 100%

I know it's not what people want to hear, but there's shit all we can do right now. If anything this sort of thing probably strengthens Seppalas resolve, we've seen she's more about personal vindictiveness than business sense already.

skybluetony176

A bit surprised they have gone for boycotting a game because it creates a division between people going in and people boycotting. Getting behind the team at matches is the one thing I would have thought everyone agrees on. Shouldn't Protests be separate?

I'm sure a compromise can be reached. Those that boycott make their stance by boycotting, those that go in do a different form of protest. Not too difficult.

I haven't got any plans on going to Rochdale yet and personally I'm not in a place where I would personally boycott home games but I'd be more than happy to join the march before going in and taking part in a separate protest in the ground. That's unity to me, just expressed in different ways.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure a compromise can be reached. Those that boycott make their stance by boycotting, those that go in do a different form of protest. Not too difficult.

I haven't got any plans on going to Rochdale yet and personally I'm not in a place where I would personally boycott home games but I'd be more than happy to join the march before going in and taking part in a separate protest in the ground. That's unity to me, just expressed in different ways.
Thing is then how many different ways will it be shown?

Could they have some buckets there for the Jimmy hill fund? That would help unite, if somebody is walking past and it's fund raising they have no reason not to. No city fan can disagree with something like that whether they are boycotting or not. Just an example though.

If that makes sense?

Generally Midfield

There were several suggestions not everybody agreed with all of them that doesn't mean that all the fans weren't united in the same aim

Fair do's and its easy just to come on this forum and make criticisms I know. I remember a bloke at work who was involved in some of the sixfields protests saying the thing Seppalla hated most was people turning up outside her office and being put in the spotlight so maybe that's what needs to be done now but I'd also do protests outside wasps matches because I bet they'd hate that too. Like a few people have said though it needs a strategy and proper aim not just one off protests and shouting sisu out. Sure there's people on here who could come up with some good ideas!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why?

Who even cares that this will get the attention of? The media don't give a shit, the owners don't give a shit, the FA don't give a shit. That's pretty much anyone who can do anything. Thousands are already boycotting every game and the hardcore are the most likely to go anyway regardless so any boycott will probably not even be noticed and certainly won't be 100%

I know it's not what people want to hear, but there's shit all we can do right now. If anything this sort of thing probably strengthens Seppalas resolve, we've seen she's more about personal vindictiveness than business sense already.
Fuck Her and the rest of the bastards I'm sick to death of worrying about what she might or might not do unless you haven't noticed she's doing it anyway

rupert_bear

We should march down the Foleshill Road from the General Wolfe carrying pictures of Viorel Moldavan by the time we get passed Cross Road half of Romania will have joined in !

AndreasB

There's a fans meeting tomorrow night at the Ricoh. Doubt many of the 15000 petitioners will be there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

the thing Seppalla hated most was people turning up outside her office and being put in the spotlight so maybe that's what needs to be done now but I'd also do protests outside wasps matches because I bet they'd hate that too.
That's the key thing really, work out what each group involved in this mess will like least and go for that.

AndreasB

Fair do's and its easy just to come on this forum and make criticisms I know. I remember a bloke at work who was involved in some of the sixfields protests saying the thing Seppalla hated most was people turning up outside her office and being put in the spotlight so maybe that's what needs to be done now but I'd also do protests outside wasps matches because I bet they'd hate that too. Like a few people have said though it needs a strategy and proper aim not just one off protests and shouting sisu out. Sure there's people on here who could come up with some good ideas!

A few pissed up arseholes abusing her secretary . No wonder she didn't like it.

NorthernWisdom

While I don't disagree with you, unfortunately if it's not unified action it all ends up looking a bit apathetic.

Now... I can easily join in a boycott ;) but as Shmeee says, it's us and a few thousand anyway as it is. And if they're boycotting there's less to protest in the ground, so that looks less effective when that happens. Just seems suicidle to have a load of different types of protests.

(Make sure the march doesn't start until 2 and I'll do my best to be there ;))

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Funny, could have sworn you and your 2 mates boasted about on here with photos.

I didn't post photos didn't boast at all went down there didn't go in so didn't abuse anyone. Joy then came out another door got in car and drove off. So stop being a twat and making things up. Another thing on the two occasions we've been down there as at all games we didn't drink so where do you get pissed up.

letsallsingtogether

Funny, could have sworn you and your 2 mates boasted about on here with photos.

Get back on your hole if you cannot even tell the truth then don't bother.
By the way I don't drink more then a pint a month.
Typical lie I would expect from a fisherit.

Users who are viewing this thread