Expect another delay (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Funny isn’t it? Imagine if Gus and Vik had said they want to stay and we didn’t have £35m burning a hole. I wonder how this summer would have been viewed then?

Well put it this way

Doug's not had to touch a penny of his own money. Easy to reinvest the money from player sales when you've not lost anything as of yet

MalcSB

Yes, but it still takes time to stick those logos on before posting them out. If it were me I'd want them totally finished, packaged up and ready to go in advance of the release. The fact the release pics had a photoshopped logo on showed that they weren't ready at all. That's just terrible.
6 weeks of ironing?

Macca1987

It's not just the pre-ordering, there is also the amount of revenue lost by having nothing new in the club shop for people to buy,

AOM

This is just my opinion, but I think this has been such a shitshow because of errors from both sides. I think we made it difficult for Hummel to produce the shirt because we didn't have a sponsor until 5 mins before it was due for release. Then the manufacturers have had issues getting the shirts into production on their schedule. The latest excuse of the van breaking down is a really poor one IMO and I'm half expecting to hear 'some rodents got into the warehouse and chewed through the kits'.

While I could accept that occasionally there could be a spanner in the works that means things won't be delivered on time we've had problems for a number of years having kits ready and with ST's being delivered. It's just a farce.

Kits are supposedly signed off nearly a year in advance. I remember when the kit was released they were available to buy in the shop on the day of release. They will have sales data from previous seasons so surely they could have a production run in advance to enable this to happen? (I accept that would not be the case this year due to the sponsor issue).

Same with season tickets. People start ordering them weeks in advance, so start getting them printed and sent out immediately. Maybe they're worried about cloning or something (though I doubt it) but even then get the cards sent out at least a couple of weeks in advance to give a bit of leeway in case there are problems with delivery. Yes, sometimes people want to move seats when non-renewed ST seats become available but add an admin charge if people want to do that. I think it might not be too long before they'll be sent out digitally for people to have on the wallet on their phones but I bet they'll somehow find a way to not have them ready on time then either.

This issue might genuinely be out of the clubs hands, but how many times have we heard there to be problems and it's not the clubs fault?
Kit delays? - It's Hummel, the kit supplier or the lorry drivers fault
Season ticket delays? - It's ticketmasters fault
Haven't got a pitch to play on at the start of the season? - Wasps fault (I do blame Wasps for this, but still think it was mad nobody thought to check there might be issues)

If it is out of the their hands, fair enough but these problems always seem to be a complete surprise to the club with apparently no backup plan in place.
Hopefully with a new owner in now, we can start to see improvements but it seems we still have the same infrastructure problems as with the previous

This issue might genuinely be out of the clubs hands, but how many times have we heard there to be problems and it's not the clubs fault?
Kit delays? - It's Hummel, the kit supplier or the lorry drivers fault
Season ticket delays? - It's ticketmasters fault
Haven't got a pitch to play on at the start of the season? - Wasps fault (I do blame Wasps for this, but still think it was mad nobody thought to check there might be issues)

If it is out of the their hands, fair enough but these problems always seem to be a complete surprise to the club with apparently no backup plan in place.
Hopefully with a new owner in now, we can start to see improvements but it seems we still have the same infrastructure problems as with the previous
I pretty much agree with most of this.

whilst it wasn't boddy driving the truck..the club can't simply keep on blaming these third parties? they have a significant percentage part to play in all of these failures.

there's clearly nobody taking the time to manage these contracts...and being on the case of suppliers to manage their ongoing performance... especially when it affects revenue.

late delivery of season tickets happens every year..and shouldn't. who from the club is banging on the door of Ticketmaster (guess it's them) in November... to say "right, what are you going to do differently next time"...and who is checking regularly to see that this happens? penalty clauses etc etc?

it's not the clubs fault directly...but it's definitely ignorant/naive/careless of them to be so trusting and not oversee these performance issues through at key times of year.

And if they continue to work with partners that cannot deliver, then that's definitely at the doors of the club. they are choosing to accept this piss poor performance. threaten to take business elsewhere...and where you aren't seeing improvement then put the threat into action and move supplier for next season.

it was a similar line with the pitch issues. it wasnt the club ruining the pitch, but they took their eye off it and faced the last minute shit storm.

if someone keeps onto these suppliers, at least Comms can be 100% truthful and we know they genuinely try to improve. at present we are part of the problem, instead of being seen to be part of a solution.

shepardo01

So, fired off another e.mail via message centre on shop website.
Here is the response for dissection... Spot the difference from CCFCs statement....

Thank you for getting in touch.

To give you an update on the home shirt pre-order: As of now, we have successfully processed 1400 orders, and our team is working tirelessly to complete the remaining 3500 orders as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, we encountered an unforeseen delay in the delivery of 3000 units. The lorry responsible for the second delivery broke down, and despite our best efforts, it was unable to arrive at the warehouse on Friday as planned.

We want to assure you that we are actively addressing the situation. The affected lorry has been rescheduled for delivery today, the earliest possible date following the recent Bank Holiday. Once the stock has been received at the warehouse, we will begin dispatching these items starting tomorrow morning.

This delay may have also impacted other orders, particularly those that include a combination of different sizes. For example, if both a Small and a Medium have been ordered and the Small size stock does not arrive, it has unfortunately delayed shipping of the entire order.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these unavoidable circumstances.

Please be assured that our team is dedicated to resolving this issue and fulfilling all pre-orders as soon as possible. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Macca1987

Here is the response for dissection... Spot the difference from CCFCs statement....

To give you an update on the home shirt pre-order: As of now, we have successfully processed 1400 orders, and our team is working tirelessly to complete the remaining 3500 orders as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, we encountered an unforeseen delay in the delivery of 3000 units. The lorry responsible for the second delivery broke down, and despite our best efforts, it was unable to arrive at the warehouse on Friday as planned.

We want to assure you that we are actively addressing the situation. The affected lorry has been rescheduled for delivery today, the earliest possible date following the recent Bank Holiday. Once the stock has been received at the warehouse, we will begin dispatching these items starting tomorrow morning.

This delay may have also impacted other orders, particularly those that include a combination of different sizes. For example, if both a Small and a Medium have been ordered and the Small size stock does not arrive, it has unfortunately delayed shipping of the entire order.

Please be assured that our team is dedicated to resolving this issue and fulfilling all pre-orders as soon as possible. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Hi Shep, how did you fire off an email from the message centre, I'm only able to put an order enquiry in (or is that the same thing) , I put one up 6 days ago and is still sitting at 'Pending Review' status

shepardo01

Hi Shep, how did you fire off an email from the message centre, I'm only able to put an order enquiry in (or is that the same thing) , I put one up 6 days ago and is still sitting at 'Pending Review' status
On the online store- ccfcstore.co.uk, or whatever it is, create an account (if you don't already have one)
You get a few options once you have an account, such as "order history" and "message centre"
On order history, find your order number (guessing it will be showing as "processing"!!)
Make a note of it, then open message centre - create new query (I think it is called), select order number, then type away and send..
Fairly straightforward if you have an account you can log into.👍

Macca1987

On the online store- ccfcstore.co.uk, or whatever it is, create an account (if you don't already have one)
You get a few options once you have an account, such as "order history" and "message centre"
On order history, find your order number (guessing it will be showing as "processing"!!)
Make a note of it, then open message centre - create new query (I think it is called), select order number, then type away and send..
Fairly straightforward if you have an account you can log into.👍
YEah that is what I did, no reply in 6 days though, obviously not as important as others lol

shepardo01

YEah that is what I did, no reply in 6 days though, obviously not as important as others lol
I have two orders, have messaged about each 3 times. Not every one had had a reply. Also, two of the replies I have received have received generic responses ....

Edit - I'm also no more or less important than any other person that has an order in.👍

RegiswasGod

Hmmm. Despite our best efforts to sort something we were unaware of until 4 days later.... a liar always has a lot to remember, don't they? Fallen down at the first hurdle.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Bit of a shit-show really this one.

I guess this needs to be raised at the next meeting Pete/Mark have with the powers that be. What steps will be taken at the end of this season to ensure that this seasons kit launch/dispatch, isn't repeated next season?

I still don't think it'll result in a loss of revenue - if you want a shirt, you'll get a shirt. It's rather poor though that there's been issue after issue with something that holds a lot of excitement for many fans.

And also - don't say that the van broke down...it sounds so National League. Say something else like 'logistical issues with a national carrier' or something like that. Same thing but at least makes it sound more professional. At least project a Premier League image, even if we're not!

Shouldn't be down to Pete/ Mark, Doug King need's to explain to the fans what the F**K is going on.

Macca1987

I have two orders, have messaged about each 3 times. Not every one had had a reply. Also, two of the replies I have received have received generic responses ....

Edit - I'm also no more or less important than any other person that has an order in.👍
Lol, the not as important as others wasn't aimed at you Shep, just a general comment trying to extract a laugh

shmmeee

What’s the benefit in leaving it late? I really don’t get why you wouldn’t have everything sorted with maybe just the sponsors to go on before the last season finishes. Shirt designs and stuff should be solid by the preceding Christmas.

chiefdave

What’s the benefit in leaving it late? I really don’t get why you wouldn’t have everything sorted with maybe just the sponsors to go on before the last season finishes. Shirt designs and stuff should be solid by the preceding Christmas.
This is the bit that doesn’t make sense to me. The fact that the sponsorship was still be sorted out shouldn’t matter as that’s added afterwards

I know the default is ‘no other clubs have issues’ but presumably as the old Hummel licensee went bust this is the first year for whoever is doing it now, has that contributed to the problems?

chiefdave

Robins and the players attending the opening as well. Tempted but doubt I’ll get away from work in time

chiefdave

The Superstore will be launching with this seasons new Home Shirt and many more new retail products with further exciting new products to vastly increasing the product range in the coming weeks and months.

The Superstore will also include a non-matchday Ticket Office (opening next week), with the Ticket Office on matchdays remaining in its current location.

Doug King, Executive Chairman and Owner, said:

“We’re all really looking forward to the launch of the new Superstore this Thursday and welcoming some of our Premier League Package holders and Premium Membership holders to the first night.

“Creating a new Superstore greatly increases the breadth and quality of our retail offering to supporters, both during the week and on matchdays as well. The space is perfect for this and the location near to the Players Entrance will really add to the matchday experience and create a new focal point on our matchdays.”
Following Thursday’s launch night, the Superstore will begin normal trading hours from 9:30am on Friday.

Terry Gibson's perm

I booked in just took two tickets from my allocation that seemed to allow me to take thirty.

Robins will open with the mad hatters in attendance next to him

Users who are viewing this thread