Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

Gibbo

After 35 pages, plus the 300+ on the other thread, without knowing exactly why, increasingly think the King deal stinks. The reasons have been listed by others above, but:-

Is the King deal signed and done or is it conditional on the outcome of today? Could we end up back 100% SISU owned?
Could King aquire both club and ground and then sell back to SISU and walk away with an agreed cut?

I could go on

Gibbo remains confused

CCFCSteve

Still don’t understand why King didn’t bid “£35m to satisfy the bondholders claim in exchange for their charge including the £9m P Share charge”

King gets the Bonds pays off, becomes the Bondholder and charge holder might get £9m back meaning it’s all cost £26m not £25m and he occupies a stadium which he has a charge over.

I’m sure I must have missed something

Because he doesn’t have £35m….or even £25m for stadium ?! 🤷‍♂️

Gibbo

Still don’t understand why King didn’t bid “£35m to satisfy the bondholders claim in exchange for their charge including the £9m P Share charge”

King gets the Bonds pays off, assumes the rights of the Bondholder and charge holder might get £9m back meaning it’s all cost £26m not £25m and he occupies a stadium which he has a charge over.

I’m sure I must have missed something
You are right, this is a very complicated way to buy a ground unless there is some ulterior motive

Greggs

Also sat next to Hoffman, Joy, Ashley, King and Storey:

Vincent Tan
Sam Hammam
Dick & Dom
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
The ghost of Robert Maxwell
The guy from Fyre Festival
Sam Bankman-Fried
Barry Scott
the guy from fyre festival lol. Great show that was!

Nick

Administrator
After 35 pages, plus the 300+ on the other thread, without knowing exactly why, increasingly think the King deal stinks. The reasons have been listed by others above, but:-

Is the King deal signed and done or is it conditional on the outcome of today? Could we end up back 100% SISU owned?
Could King aquire both club and ground and then sell back to SISU and walk away with an agreed cut?

I could go on

Gibbo remains confused

He said it isn't conditional on the outcome today.

skybluepm2

The trouble is that if £25 m is him spent up, where will we be thereafter?

He was very coy when asked about whether or not MR would be given funds in January, saying that he wasn’t in a position to comment on such matters until EFL approval had been obtained. 5 minutes earlier he was spouting that there would be no player sales made in the next transfer window, somewhat contradictory.

He also hasn’t been focussing on ‘our great players’ as he’s just been looking at ‘the club’. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mark82

Look il be honest I have no idea what to think .

I'm just going to see what happens today in court , a place where sisu smash people

Exactly where I stand. Don't know enough about the situation to know one way or another whether this is good, bad or indifferent.

Frostie

Anyone hear Simon Jordan on Talksport just now? Some interesting tidbits. He gave a bit more clarity on the line he gave before:

“Too much like hard work in terms of the stadium, the development of the stadium, the moving of the stadium"

He says CCC are/were looking into the option of demolishing the CBS for social housing.

NorthernWisdom

Anyone hear Simon Jordan on Talksport just now? Some interesting tidbits. He gave a bit more clarity on the line he gave before:

“Too much like hard work in terms of the stadium, the development of the stadium, the moving of the stadium"

He says CCC are/were looking into the option of demolishing the CBS for social housing.
tbf in eight years' time, as it stands, there's no sporting use for the stadium.

fatso

I could go on

Gibbo remains confused
Regardless of what's in the press, the king deal can't go through until its approved by the football league.
So as yet it hasn't concluded, it's nothing more than an agreement in principle subject to said approval.

I wonder if he'll be so keen to finalise the deal if MA gets the Arena, he says he will, but he would say that at this stage.

We await with interest.

skybluetony176

Where’s William Storeys involvement come from? Have I missed/forgotten something? Assume he’s the Rich Energy guy who was allegedly part of a consortium trying to buy Sunderland at some point.

shmmeee

Also sat next to Hoffman, Joy, Ashley, King and Storey:

Vincent Tan
Sam Hammam
Dick & Dom
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
The ghost of Robert Maxwell
The guy from Fyre Festival
Sam Bankman-Fried
Barry Scott

Harsh on Dick & Dom

skybluetony176

Regardless of what's in the press, the king deal can't go through until its approved by the football league.
So as yet it hasn't concluded, it's nothing more than an agreement in principle subject to said approval.

I wonder if he'll be so keen to finalise the deal if MA gets the Arena, he says he will, but he would say that at this stage.

We await with interest.
We don’t even know if it’s been put to the FL yet.

skybluebeduff

The hardest part of all this so far, was trying not to cry when people at work this morning were congratulating us Cov fans about the news. Loads of City fans in my work place, every single one of them including myself had the biggest smiles on our faces that I haven't seen in a long time.

I'm buzzing, ground or not, good times are coming 🙌.

skybluetony176

That mentalist with the dodgy energy drink company who apparently wanted Sunderland.
He’s certainly a character. All I know about him is he sponsored OMG’s BSB team and they cleaned up this season, Brad Ray won the championship and OMG won the team’s.

Users who are viewing this thread