Do you want to discuss boring politics? (46 Viewers)

PVA

Kwarteng cuts short his trip to the USA for the IMF and World Bank meetings.

Getting sacked or a big budget U turn?

What a bloody shambles.

chiefdave

Kwarteng cuts short his trip to the USA for the IMF and World Bank meetings.

Getting sacked or a big budget U turn?

What a bloody shambles.
Why's he doing that, don't they keep insisting the mess is nothing to do with them or the mini budget

Still at least its not like the bad old days when inflation was running rampant, interest rates were going up quickly and the IMF had to step in ;)

PVA

Coffey is just an awful person.

So depressing to see the levels of callousness and contempt in such critical roles as Health and Home secretaries.

PVA

Trying to blame it all on Kwasi after spending the last few weeks backing it is not a good luck.

Also we're soon to be on the 4th Chancellor in 3 months.

There were 4 Chancellors from 1990 - 2010.

Bugsy

skybluetony176

I recon she could be gone by the end of the month. She’s lost the parliamentary party already but maybe the final nail in the coffin if she wholesale U turns (which is also being rumoured) although a partial U turn might be enough, she lost party members who voted for her on the basis of delivering this mini budget.

wingy

Yes always likely really .
Very risky travelling abroad when the knives are out.
So a big reversal imminent whoever gets the job .
OBR to swiftly follow.
Not an absolute guarantee things will settle just as they were previously.
She's forever damaged and will still have issues getting planning ,fracking etc through.
Edit:-Oh I actually think I saw him getting a leg on in New York.

shmmeee

Saw a great stat on Twitter. Tories will have had as many chancellors this year as Labour have since 1967

SkyBlue_Bear83

As someone who is not very political what a shambles, Liz Truss not fit to lead the government and Conservative have no chance of winning the next election I would suspect

Users who are viewing this thread