Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (6 Viewers)

Astute

Alternatively look at Walker, who we seem to have done a fine job of trashing his career!
The majority of players we have brought in in recent years have improved. We will never hit 100% though.

Hertsccfc

Of course some don't. But he is still young and they know what they're doing at the club. Look at Gyokeres. The normal suspects called him a waste of 1m and couldn't understand why we bought him. Time on the training ground and game time made him into a beast. Hamer went from a liability to something special.
Gyokeres was given time out if the team when he wasn't contributing much. The same needs to happen with Simms.

Having said that his goal yesterday although not deserved might just help him and be the turning point. I doubt it though.

Hertsccfc

I'm not sure it's that simple , wright is playing a position and style that suits him.

Some forwards DONT get better with game time
Exactly. It drains their confidence especially in young players. Gyokeres was left out in these circumstances and came back stronger.

Cally Fedora

Reflecting on it next day it was a dominant display. Their equaliser just one of those things. Thought we missed Kitching but overall it’s clear we are a top 8 champ team at least with potential to push beyond. New signings settling - Wright, MVE, Sakamoto and Kitching now look absolute bargains. The squad we have is easily capable of play offs. Add the right couple in Jan and we’ll be a top side.

mmttww

Reflecting on it next day it was a dominant display. Their equaliser just one of those things. Thought we missed Kitching but overall it’s clear we are a top 8 champ team at least with potential to push beyond. New signings settling - Wright, MVE, Sakamoto and Kitching now look absolute bargains. The squad we have is easily capable of play offs. Add the right couple in Jan and we’ll be a top side.
Agree with this.

Sakamoto is looking like a steal. Also feels like the first time since I can remember that we've got a bunch of 'box office' players. Wright, Sakamoto, Palmer and MvE to an extent all pull off stuff that gets you out your seat.

Think we'll miss the top 6 but we'll be a lot of fun to watch. Add a CM that's at least at Sheaf's level with the skillset of an 8 and we'll be sorted. Do need at least one forward to give an alternative to Godden, ideally in Jan, though.

Ashdown

Nope still utterly peed off still. Soft free kick, shit wall, shit goalkeeping, should of saw the game out and be sitting 8th 3 points off the play offs, ruined my weekend buts that's us unfortunately 😒
It was an awful defensive set up, why such a flat line ? Doesn’t anyone put someone on the line these days, that could have saved us ?

Nuskyblue

Doesn't look it in the highlights. I thought he might have been live. Hard to be sure. Beautiful goal, mind.
Decent finish, and great build up. I also thought he looked offside live and to me it looks like a metre(yard) or two in the highlights. The camera angle could be deceptive tho.

pusbccfc

1000085851.jpg

If that was Godden, he's banned for the Boro game. Awful dive and poor from the referee.

Astute

Have you paused that before Sheaf dangles a leg for him to fall over
The player was already on his way down.

Nothing will be done about the dive as it looks like there was contact. A player only gets banned for diving of there is no chance of any contact.

Grendel

Their manager thinks both our goals shouldn't have stood???

The first was off I’m sure second a more difficult call

robbiethemole

from the Swans site, probably the only sensible post really ;

Coventry had the loudest support I have heard for years. The are a club which has come on leaps and bounds these last few years, so the support is there. The whole stadium was loud, like it used to be with us.

fatso

Alternatively look at Walker, who we seem to have done a fine job of trashing his career!
How's Walker's career gone since he left?

He was piss poor here, and hasn't improved since leaving.

And to boot, he now looks injury prone! And could be out for the season.

We did the right thing letting him go.

MalcSB

Ran his arse off as per, didn't get any chances, probably justifiably subbed. Neither him nor Simms seem to be getting much in terms of service. Do we bench them both and go with Tavares now?
Ran his arse off to what effect? I could run my arse off, although it would probably only take a couple of minutes these day.

AiS86

Ran his arse off to what effect? I could run my arse off, although it would probably only take a couple of minutes these day.
It starts the press higher and means we can stay higher up the pitch, try and force more mistakes and not allow them to move the ball into midfield as easily. Simms doesn't really provide that. He offers more physical presence, but then he's not exactly great with his back to goal. The current system isn't really working for either at the minute and they're barely getting a sniff

skybluecam

Not seen it mentioned much but Allen's error for the first really annoyed me - he should have cleared that ASAP. Very similar to Eccles vs Norwich, but 6 mins in and being one of the more experienced players I expect better.

Thought he had an all round poor game. Said on the night that him and Godden looked every bit League One players out of their depth.

Chris1987

Not seen it mentioned much but Allen's error for the first really annoyed me - he should have cleared that ASAP. Very similar to Eccles vs Norwich, but 6 mins in and being one of the more experienced players I expect better.

Thought he had an all round poor game. Said on the night that him and Godden looked every bit League One players out of their depth.
Agreed and these are areas which need to be addressed. I do believe that come the beginning of next season there won't be any weaknesses in the first team and the bench will be as strong as anyone else's

covcity4life

Only seen highlights as abroad but Allen at fault for first goal for sure from what I seen.

Still good run and of get a couple good signings in at xmass could be another hugely exciting season.

Like I said at start of season mind you...

skyblu3sk

Only seen highlights as abroad but Allen at fault for first goal for sure from what I seen.

Still good run and of get a couple good signings in at xmass could be another hugely exciting season.

Like I said at start of season mind you...
Yeah not really sure what Allen was doing but it's fairly rare for him to drop us in it.

Users who are viewing this thread