Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread - Tuesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday match, tactics and predictions :)

no_loyalty

We should have enough about us to beat Wednesday, however they have improved under their new manager so we need to be weary.

City 1 Wednesday 0.

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 24.12.2023(4).gif
    24.12.2023(4).gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 24.12.2023(1).gif
    24.12.2023(1).gif
    75 KB · Views: 43
  • 24.12.2023(2).gif
    24.12.2023(2).gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

fatso

Think this game will be a lot closer than some people think.
I'm expecting Wednesday to get bodies behind the ball and hit us on the break.
So I'm going for 1-0 City. Maybe a late penalty.

Happy_Martian

Why do people go on about the Sheff Weds crowds ? Since they got relegated from the Prem, their attendances have been average, like ours. They have a core away support but most (not all) Champ clubs could say the same. For a ground that holds 39K, these aren't exceptionally high figures.

1703430255752.png

slowpoke

I think we will spend a lot of time in their penalty area, corners crossings etc sort of game that suits Godden. Think MR will prefer him to Simms, reckon he might start with Palmer & Eccles 50/50 Sheaf starts.

Hertsccfc

I think we will spend a lot of time in their penalty area, corners crossings etc sort of game that suits Godden. Think MR will prefer him to Simms, reckon he might start with Palmer & Eccles 50/50 Sheaf starts.
That makes sense but I think Robins will need to manage the minutes of a number of players over the next few matches, so we might see quite a lot of changes.

blunted

Pissed up crowd, atmosphere should be good apart from the dilution by part-timers who go to 1 match a year. Remember Sheff Wed fans singing you're not fit to wear the shirt at Highfield Rd when they got relegated from the top tier. Could be another Plymouth type game or anything really. A clean sheet and a win would be brilliant. Think he will rest Sheaf after the assault at Sunderland.

Deity

Pissed up crowd, atmosphere should be good apart from the dilution by part-timers who go to 1 match a year. Remember Sheff Wed fans singing you're not fit to wear the shirt at Highfield Rd when they got relegated from the top tier. Could be another Plymouth type game or anything really. A clean sheet and a win would be brilliant. Think he will rest Sheaf after the assault at Sunderland.
Welcome to any new fans or non regular attendees. Despite what people may infer most fans didn’t start off season ticket holders ….

….. clubs only grow when irregular fans become regular fans and regular fans become season ticket holders …

I've had a season ticket for 30 years plus but I started off as a small child attending the odd match with my dad, as did my kids. All 3 generations now have season tickets.

Great_Expectations

Looking forward to a Boxing Day game, even more so as I’m surprised I’ve not had more stick or guilt trips considering it’s Christmas Day #2 at the in laws!

Especially looking forward to seeing the ever improving Sakamoto, Wright, MVE and COH. Also really hoping this is the game Simms get a goal to give him a needed confidence boost.

It’ll be a tricky game, but in form we’re a really strong side and I’m confident it’ll show.

3-0.

Woolly68

2-1 win, hopefully. Possibly a tighter game than some think. Games against teams near the bottom … well, let’s just remember Rotherham. Hope it’s more comfortable than that but would take anything as long as the 3 points are ours.

ptr

Palmer deserves a start.

Palmer Wright and Sakamoto front three.

O’hare in behind.

Users who are viewing this thread