Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Definitely, think they might need to start worrying if they don’t get decent money for Akpom to reinvest, they looked absolutely toothless today and the disconnect between their defence and attack was massive. Really shows how important their loanees were last season, makes me glad we’re buying the core of our team these days.

Just looked and Steffen, Archer, Mowatt, Giles and Ramsay were all loanees. Not easy to replace, definitely not buying a group of that quality.

Today’s game was an interesting matchup given our respective seasons.

We’ve managed the situation with Hamer and Gyokeres far better than they have with Akpom. Moreover, we’ve replenished our squad and look better for the churn of players we’ve had.

Great result today, 3-0 does flatter to deceive because we should’ve conceded 1 or two goals. Eccles and Sheaf stepped up massively, but we 46 games we will need more quality.

On to next week! Bring on Swansea!

Martin180

Today’s game was an interesting matchup given our respective seasons.

We’ve managed the situation with Hamer and Gyokeres far better than they have with Akpom. Moreover, we’ve replenished our squad and look better for the churn of players we’ve had.

Great result today, 3-0 does flatter to deceive because we should’ve conceded 1 or two goals. Eccles and Sheaf stepped up massively, but we 46 games we will need more quality.

On to next week! Bring on Swansea!
Just had a look on their forum and they are really critical of recruitment and are using us as an example of proper recruitment 😁

Chris1987

Can't help but feel Tats is going to run a few defenders ragged. Really quick feet and a good footballing brain. Haji lit the place up when he came on and looked a real handful. We did not learn much new from the game. A LCB is certainly needed and the midfield needs more legs . However the football was exciting to watch and the future looks very encouraging. Bobby Thomas is the real deal .

Torquay Sky Blue

Well , on reflection and very drunk in the Chestnut last night(hate these early kick offs) that was the most flattering 3-0 I've ever seen. Out played in midfield, but Middlesbrough do that to teams. Having said that I thought Sheaf and Eccles our best players but we desperately need a new Hamer

procdoc

Well , on reflection and very drunk in the Chestnut last night(hate these early kick offs) that was the most flattering 3-0 I've ever seen. Out played in midfield, but Middlesbrough do that to teams. Having said that I thought Sheaf and Eccles our best players but we desperately need a new Hamer
You say we were Outplayed in midfield then name our two midfield players as our best players, make your mind up 😂

Sky Blue Pete

You say we were Outplayed in midfield then name our two midfield players as our best players, make your mind up 😂
When palmer ran out of energy boro midfield took over and they should have at least equalised if not gone ahead. As soon as wright and saka came on the energy upped and we were in control again especially when Kelly came on for palmer and sheaf moved further forward

procdoc

When palmer ran out of energy boro midfield took over and they should have at least equalised if not gone ahead. As soon as wright and saka came on the energy upped and we were in control again especially when Kelly came on for palmer and sheaf moved further forward
That was more to do with Dasilva, Lati and Fadz fucking about with it at the back than anyone in midfield

Ashdown

We won’t always get away with letting the opposition have so much of the ball but we looked dangerous with the ball. Sheaf was immense at times. Still very early days.

Bad Boy

Isn't that what a squad and substitutions are meant to do!

Gibbo

Would you rather be a Luton fan or a City fan right now? Personally I am glad Dabo missed. Another season to build a better team - using Vik & Gus money plus anything DK throws in. Luton are outclassed, just as we would have been.

shmmeee

Would you rather be a Luton fan or a City fan right now? Personally I am glad Dabo missed. Another season to build a better team - using Vik & Gus money plus anything DK throws in. Luton are outclassed, just as we would have been.

I’d rather be Luton, except we wouldn’t have to spend on the ground and could have kept Vik and Gus and added even more with £180m.

clint van damme

Id have much rather had the massive cash injection and been planning my next away trip to Spurs,Liverpool etc rather than what I am planning, a Friday night game against Hull.

fernandopartridge

Was looking at the highlights and spotted this in a move that led to a Godden shot. Sheaf is capable of the pass to Simms here, we just need to get attuned to his movement as he was in with the right pass.
638ffff42859b53837a228fc4444e805.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Was looking at the highlights and spotted this in a move that led to a Godden shot. Sheaf is capable of the pass to Simms here, we just need to get attuned to his movement as he was in with the right pass.

I remember this from the game. He hesitated when the angle was open for the pass and then it became more difficult by the time it looked like he wanted to play it.

shmmeee

We looked very much like a team of new signings I thought both at Leicester and yesterday. Which is exactly what we are. And in terms of midfield and attack we’ve just broken up a group that’s been together 2-3 years.

Once they’ve got used to each other I think we’re going to see something special.

shmmeee

Just rewatching (how good is the build up from Dasilva and Sheaf BTW?) and came to this bit just as Godden shoots and Simms had moved into an excellent position for a pass and an easy goal.

9AB9B56D-6E59-4B91-9632-6FAE19CA4F96.png

clint van damme

I think having all your strikers desperate for a goal at once isn’t always the best thing. Hopefully now Wright and Godden are off the mark Simms will grab one and they’ll all relax a bit.

Yeah, he really needs to get that monkey off his back, I'm sure he'll kick on once he does.

robbiethemole

along with new owned players coming in, we also have 4 loan places available if we need them!! How many more good players are going to see this year

Gibbo

Id have much rather had the massive cash injection and been planning my next away trip to Spurs,Liverpool etc rather than what I am planning, a Friday night game against Hull.
You all want your brains testing.

A year of misery moaning on here about how poor the side are and how the investment has been rubbish, 'taxi for Robins', McFadz is not this level, Godden too old yada yada yada. Being thumped 4-1 or 4-0 on a regular basis home and away. Then ignominious relegation by March (just hope we get more than the 12 points Derby County managed). No thank you.

Last years' team was built on very narrow foundations. Altho Forest pulled it off, building a whole new team from scratch is very difficult and best done in the lower league. Interestingly neither Luton or Sheffield have been able to do it

And anyway Forest are my tip for relegation this year along with Luton and Sheffield.

fatso

You all want your brains testing.

A year of misery moaning on here about how poor the side are and how the investment has been rubbish, 'taxi for Robins', McFadz is not this level, Godden too old yada yada yada. Being thumped 4-1 or 4-0 on a regular basis home and away. Then ignominious relegation by March (just hope we get more than the 12 points Derby County managed). No thank you.

Last years' team was built on very narrow foundations. Altho Forest pulled it off, building a whole new team from scratch is very difficult and best done in the lower league. Interestingly neither Luton or Sheffield have been able to do it

And anyway Forest are my tip for relegation this year along with Luton and Sheffield.
Everton nailed on for the drop, they are falling apart on and off the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread