Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

I actually thought Simms did alright, but Wright looks like the real deal. Great finish as well. Godden looks like a new player, great interchanges in the box with Simms and Wright. I think the Godden-Vik fallout maybe wasn’t just rumours. Palmer took 15-20 mins to get going but then began weaving his magic. Such a classy player. That flick in the 2nd half was world class. I think we definitely need a 1st. choice left footed centre back, and I am sure there willl be a box to box CM coming in imminently.

It wasnt rumours it was true

Saddlebrains

What was the crack there then?

We turned down a Leeds bid, pretty derisory, not even double figures (shockingly even SISU thought it was a joke offer)

Vik got into a bit of a paddy over it, was half arsed in training Godden told him about himself, Vik didnt like it, heated words exchanged hence both of them were dropped for the following game

SkyBlueMatt

Incredible performance. I'm trying to reign it in after my bedwetting against Wimbledon but I haven't shut up about it since FT. That was one of the most accomplished games of (city) football I've seen in a long time.

Every single player had a hand in it. Sheaf was exceptional & Da Silva was another standout but so was Eccles.

The Wimbledon game was a shocker. It was just one game, like today but with the 2nd half against Leicester shows there is lots to get excited about.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

We turned down a Leeds bid, pretty derisory, not even double figures (shockingly even SISU thought it was a joke offer)

Vik got into a bit of a paddy over it, was half arsed in training Godden told him about himself, Vik didnt like it, heated words exchanged hence both of them were dropped for the following game
Ahhh just found the game after. Norwich when we lost 3-0. Palmer and Walker started up top.

shepardo01

Incredible performance. I'm trying to reign it in after my bedwetting against Wimbledon but I haven't shut up about it since FT. That was one of the most accomplished games of (city) football I've seen in a long time.

Every single player had a hand in it. Sheaf was exceptional & Da Silva was another standout but so was Eccles.

The Wimbledon game was a shocker. It was just one game, like today but with the 2nd half against Leicester shows there is lots to get excited about.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
"Incredible" is an over reaction. We did what we needed to do today against a very average Middlesbrough side. There were some good aspects/signs but it wasn't "incredible"

Robins said in his post match that we were better last week at Leicester.

clint van damme

"Incredible" is an over reaction. We did what we needed to do today against a very average Middlesbrough side. There were some good aspects/signs but it wasn't "incredible"

Agre, not getting carried away after today, equally, wasn't sticking my head in the oven after last week.

BackRoomRummermill

Yes but they still had to go out and win the game - given everything and all the changes they were superb and dispatched Boro - so well done 👏

Cov kid 55

While it was great to see us win, I didn’t think we played that well. We gave the ball away very cheaply, and could have conceded at least a couple of goals. The ball dropped kindly for us today, and I didn’t think we were particularly fluid. Add to that Boro’s difficulties with losing players, and apart from 25 minutes at the start of the second half, were very poor. Thought Eccles was very good, and it was an encouraging cameo from Sakamoto. Loved Wright’s movement for his goal. Simms perhaps needs a goal to get going, and van Ewijk looks like he may need a little time to adjust to the pace of the Championship. As Robins said in his post match, good to see the win, but a lot of work needed to assimilate our new players and play consistently. Very much a work in progress, I think…

djr8369

While it was great to see us win, I didn’t think we played that well. We gave the ball away very cheaply, and could have conceded at least a couple of goals. The ball dropped kindly for us today, and I didn’t think we were particularly fluid. Add to that Boro’s difficulties with losing players, and apart from 25 minutes at the start of the second half, were very poor. Thought Eccles was very good, and it was an encouraging cameo from Sakamoto. Loved Wright’s movement for his goal. Simms perhaps needs a goal to get going, and van Ewijk looks like he may need a little time to adjust to the pace of the Championship. As Robins said in his post match, good to see the win, but a lot of work needed to assimilate our new players and play consistently. Very much a work in progress, I think…
We had a 25 min spell where we were pretty awful and a half decent team would have got back into it. We didn’t ride their pressure though we got a bit lucky really. They could have had two.

Still we got there which is the main thing and there were lots of positives. Looking forward to seeing what we can do with the Gus money and looking forward to seeing more of all the new guys.

hamertime

We played well against Leicester and didn't win. All that matters in the Championship are wins.

Users who are viewing this thread