Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (1 Viewer)

theferret

You all want your brains testing.

A year of misery moaning on here about how poor the side are and how the investment has been rubbish, 'taxi for Robins', McFadz is not this level, Godden too old yada yada yada. Being thumped 4-1 or 4-0 on a regular basis home and away. Then ignominious relegation by March (just hope we get more than the 12 points Derby County managed). No thank you.

Last years' team was built on very narrow foundations. Altho Forest pulled it off, building a whole new team from scratch is very difficult and best done in the lower league. Interestingly neither Luton or Sheffield have been able to do it

And anyway Forest are my tip for relegation this year along with Luton and Sheffield.

You do realise that had we been promoted we'd still have Gus and Vic and would have strengthened massively? McFadz and Godden wouldn't even have been playing in all probability. The idea that a promoted team isn't ready for promotion makes no sense. It's a bit of an insult to MR and AV to think there was any possibility of us doing a Derby. We'd have been competitive.

Besides, it didn't happen so pointless discussion and there is a lot to like about this league, especially being at the right end of it, so I get that.

But many unfancied teams have been promoted via the play offs, have been tipped to come back down, but have survived. It is usually the 2nd season that is the problem.

clint van damme

You all want your brains testing.

A year of misery moaning on here about how poor the side are and how the investment has been rubbish, 'taxi for Robins', McFadz is not this level, Godden too old yada yada yada. Being thumped 4-1 or 4-0 on a regular basis home and away. Then ignominious relegation by March (just hope we get more than the 12 points Derby County managed). No thank you.

Last years' team was built on very narrow foundations. Altho Forest pulled it off, building a whole new team from scratch is very difficult and best done in the lower league. Interestingly neither Luton or Sheffield have been able to do it

And anyway Forest are my tip for relegation this year along with Luton and Sheffield.

I don't agree. If that's your preference, fair enough, it's not mine.

covcity4life

I don't agree. If that's your preference, fair enough, it's not mine.
I said last year that nothing wrong with what forest did. All these wise men saying that they went about it wrong way but they stayed up end of day

Buying lots of players can work. That could have been us this year but in prem

At least we have still managed to recruit well despite not going up though

Johnnythespider

Just rewatching (how good is the build up from Dasilva and Sheaf BTW?) and came to this bit just as Godden shoots and Simms had moved into an excellent position for a pass and an easy goal.

View attachment 31413
Godden and Simms were guilty of taking shots from this angle yesterday when a pass would have produced a better chance

shmmeee

Imagine if we’d gone up, kept Vik and Gus, and made signings in the same positions. We’ve basically signed a new first team bar Sheaf and Fadz as it stands. We’d probably have kept Vik and Gus and Sheaf and replaced everyone else, so arguably less churn.

Brighton Sky Blue

Imagine if we’d gone up, kept Vik and Gus, and made signings in the same positions. We’ve basically signed a new first team bar Sheaf and Fadz as it stands. We’d probably have kept Vik and Gus and Sheaf and replaced everyone else, so arguably less churn.
Well I mean look at what we’ve done with £20 mill in the Championship. £100 mill in the Prem and we’re into Homer Simpson levels of drool.

Users who are viewing this thread