Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (2 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

Eh? I was on about when Bidwell threw himself to the ground when their winger got his foot within 5 yards of him. Was an embarrassing dive
Bidwell thought it was a PNE player and deployed a safety first move and then realised it was a Maidstone lad and embarrassed himself

Grendel

Astute.

And yes.

Warning Star Trek GIF by Star Trek Fleet Command

itsabuzzard

I get that the class difference told last night and coventry played with no pressure on the ball or intensity second half, but I guess you just were not looking when we created two okish chances in the first half through crosses.
You're stretching a bit.

Grendel

Just hope there isn't any chance of retrospective action as it was a disgrace. It wasn't even convincing.

A disgrace? Seriously?

1nilandwe...

So, I saw this at the time and thought it was pretty shameful, but with hindsight I'm prepared to give Bidwell the benefit of the doubt.
He's seen two of his teammates (very likely friends) be seriously injured in previous weeks, through actions of opposition players. There's no question that no matter how much you try and put it out of your mind, there'll be a part of Bidwell that is thinking that getting a season ending injury from a shit tackle from a lower league player is a very real possibility.

My reading of it is that Bidwell clears the ball and instinctively jumps out of the way of a pretty gung-ho tackle. Yes, he looks like a bit of a tit doing it, and he falls over looking like he's been shot, but he doesn't stay down looking for something from the referee. He gets back up and is cross with their player and gets back on with the game.

Hertsccfc

So, I saw this at the time and thought it was pretty shameful, but with hindsight I'm prepared to give Bidwell the benefit of the doubt.
He's seen two of his teammates (very likely friends) be seriously injured in previous weeks, through actions of opposition players. There's no question that no matter how much you try and put it out of your mind, there'll be a part of Bidwell that is thinking that getting a season ending injury from a shit tackle from a lower league player is a very real possibility.

My reading of it is that Bidwell clears the ball and instinctively jumps out of the way of a pretty gung-ho tackle. Yes, he looks like a bit of a tit doing it, and he falls over looking like he's been shot, but he doesn't stay down looking for something from the referee. He gets back up and is cross with their player and gets back on with the game.
Of course we can wear our sky blue glasses but let's face it if that was a Leicester player for example we wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed he didn't roll around on the floor after or even appeal for the foul, but the initial dive was unacceptable.

skybluericoh

Of course we can wear our sky blue glasses but let's face it if that was a Leicester player for example we wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed he didn't roll around on the floor after or even appeal for the foul, but the initial dive was unacceptable.
If it was a Leicester player I would be hoping the Maidstone player had taken him out causing some ligament damage and getting away Scot free, however it was bidders - nothing to see here 😜

Users who are viewing this thread