Match Thread Coventry City - Bristol City FC Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Not great ticket sales considering, come on people get your arses up there we’ve been praying to be in a position like this for years.
Bristol have sold a
Not great ticket sales considering, come on people get your arses up there we’ve been praying to be in a position like this for years.
23-24K if we’re lucky. BCFC have sold 833 tickets.

Great_Expectations

I would go;

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Torp
Sakamoto COH Wright
Simms

That is harsh on Palmer who is playing his best football with us at the minute and Eccles who is showing what a great player he is.

However Wrights pace and ability to run in wide areas is more of a threat than Palmer who likes to drift inside. And COH suits the system better than Palmer so he get the 10 role.

MR said Eccles needs a rest, which is one of the reasons Torp starts. Secondly when playing in a role where you’re likely to see a lot of the ball (i.e. CM) it is better to start the game and grow into it, than come on cold and have to quickly
adapt the pace of it (IMO). This is a better situation for Torp who will already be on the back foot sharpness wise. It also means we can take him off when needed with a solid and reliable replacement in Eccles.

We’ll win tonight but as well as that I am absolutely desperate for Simms to score.

Boicey

I would go;

Collins
Sheaf Torp
Sakamoto COH Wright
Simms

That is harsh on Palmer who is playing his best football with us at the minute and Eccles who is showing what a great player he is.

However Wrights pace and ability to run in wide areas is more of a threat than Palmer who likes to drift inside. And COH suits the system better than Palmer so he get the 10 role.

MR said Eccles needs a rest, which is one of the reasons Torp starts. Secondly when playing in a role where you’re likely to see a lot of the ball (i.e. CM) it is better to start the game and grow into it, than come on cold and have to quickly
adapt the pace of it (IMO). This is a better situation for Torp who will already be on the back foot sharpness wise. It also means we can take him off when needed with a solid and reliable replacement in Eccles.

We’ll win tonight but as well as that I am absolutely desperate for Simms to score.
I think at the minute Allen would start before Torp if Eccles needs a rest. Still too early for Torp in an important league game.
Godden definitely needs benching.

Flying Fokker

Grea
23000 home fans for a Tuesday night game - poor sales mmmmm
Someone else was vocal on city fans not turning out. Hamertime? Having checked this out, I suggest he’s wrong.

It’s BCFC following that is going to impact on the crowd. One thing is certain, if the game hadn’t been moved, Bristol would have travelled with 1500-1800 fans.

Last edited:

Astute

I would go;

Collins
Sheaf Torp
Sakamoto COH Wright
Simms

Games coming thick and fast from now. It's all about keeping a bit of squad rotation whilst trying to keep a strong team out on the pitch.

Maybe Wright and Palmer to get half a game each. They can both play a similar role.

Win this and not lose against Norwich and we will have a bit of breathing space. Then we can start looking at resting a few players and start getting ready for the playoffs.

shmmeee

Think the way to play this run of fixtures is to use the subs bench liberally, 3/4 players on at 60 mins. Having Lats/Dasilva/Eccles/Palmer/Godden to come on to see out the game is no bad thing.

Hobo

Torp is an interesting one? Because at the minute he probably needs to play along side Sheaf while he adjusts and picks up on the pace of English football. Rather than bringing him off the bench and risk expose him in a midfield without Sheaf.

Just a thought, but I am happy to trust the judgement of Robins and the coaching staff.

Flying Fokker

Think the way to play this run of fixtures is to use the subs bench liberally, 3/4 players on at 60 mins. Having Lats/Dasilva/Eccles/Palmer/Godden to come on to see out the game is no bad thing.
It worked against Leicester. It would be great to see city come out of the blocks and bang one in early.
I’m not really bothered how Bristol play as long as we crack whatever plan they have for the game.

Flying Fokker

Predicted Sky Blues team v Bristol City: Brad Collins; Milan van Ewijk, Bobby Thomas, Liam Kitching, Jake Bidwell; Ben Sheaf, Victor Torp; Tatsuhiro Sakamoto, Callum O’Hare, Kasey Palmer; Haji Wright.

Skyblue_LDN

Sorry if this has been covered earlier in thread, but is this a rearranged Saturday game as it’s not showing as a red button match on Sky 😔 ?

Tommo1993

We’re the team being chased now. We are going to lose at some point obviously, but can we afford to “take a draw”, or worse, lose?

Must win is said a lot on here but it’s also weirdly Pooh-poohed quite a lot as well.

Martin180

We’re the team being chased now. We are going to lose at some point obviously, but can we afford to “take a draw”, or worse, lose?

Must win is said a lot on here but it’s also weirdly Pooh-poohed quite a lot as well.
It was used all through early season as all the doom and gloomers were predicting a relegation fight . It hasn't happened and we are sat very favourably in the table.
I would think Bristol City are among the teams we would be expecting to beat but football is always unpredictable so a win or a draw will do tonight for me

SleepyGinger

I would go;

Collins
Sheaf Torp
Sakamoto COH Wright
Simms

I’d be really excited to see what this 11 can do

no_loyalty

Desperate for a win tonight so we can leapfrog the boing boing Baggies.

Users who are viewing this thread