Match Thread Coventry City - Bristol City FC Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (4 Viewers)

gspotgaz

Bristol city played well and had our main threats surrounded by 2/3 everytime they got the ball. Sheaf going off compounded it. Goddens lack of pace and confidence now is becoming a significant issue

robbiethemole

For all the talk of trying to get Scott Twine, he is now in the same boat as Sheaf, out for a couple of months with hamstring problem. We wouldn’t have been any better off!

Gibbo

Gibbo's 5 Take aways

1. First 45 minutes was so turgid I was beginning to regret the 4.5 hour round trip to get to and from the match and wondered why I had tickets for future games. Static football, no answer to their press, and a goal that had we conceded would have had this thread apoplectic

2. We are getting very predictable. Robins runs a disciplined ship and you can see players doing what they're told - retain possession at all costs. This discipline is a big reason for our success. But other clubs aren't stupid they do their homework. They press, they put two on Saka. We lost momentum time and time again. You have to play at pace. Those poor clearances by Collins often came because of the delayed pass back and Collins has surely been told to look for the pass first but he was forced by the Bristol press to kick.

3. Thorp would have been better than Lati as a sub. We lost all creativity when Sheaf went off. Thorp is not there yet, nor will ever be another Hamer I suspect, he is more like Sheaf or particularly Eccles, but he does look to have "it" and that is what matters

4. I would pay good money just to see MvE, Saka and Callum combining on the right. Switching Callum to the left when Sheaf came off was a poor call whoever made it.

5. It has to be Sims over Godden SURELY

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Who's Thorp ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think some are being a bit precious about Simms and his celebration tbh.

Players should not be shushing their own fans, no matter what the provocation, it's disrespectful to the paying public who help pay he's wages. The player should rise above it.

Yank

Players should not be shushing their own fans, no matter what the provocation, it's disrespectful to the paying public who help pay he's wages. The player should rise above it.
Say the same for the fans taking offense at it.

wingy

Anyway apart from the early spells of those excellent little triangles down the right Bristol passes were excellent.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Simms always seems less than animated not only when he scores but when other team mates score. I didn't see any shushing towards our own supporters at all, but just the stupid Rod Hull impersonation and if that was aimed at criticism towards our supporters he needs to look at his own scoring rate .
Perhaps he hasn't got a decent scoring celebration routine because he hasn't had cause to use one.😀

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Simms always seems less than animated not only when he scores but when other team mates score. I didn't see any shushing towards our own supporters at all, but just the stupid Rod Hull impersonation and if that was aimed at criticism towards our supporters he needs to look at his own scoring rate .
Perhaps he hasn't got a decent scoring celebration routine because he hasn't had cause to use one.😀

Okay, but did you not see him putting his finger to his lips after scoring his goal, that is saying shush.

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

Warwickhunt

Leeds picking Brizzle apart! Bamford is standing on their centre halves when Leeds are out of possession and they keep making errors i have counted 5 Leeds chances that should have been put away. I said the other night instead of Godden running around like a headless chicken he should have done that and so should Simms have done when he came on🤬

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Leeds picking Brizzle apart! Bamford is standing on their centre halves when Leeds are out of possession and they keep making errors i have counted 5 Leeds chances that should have been put away. I said the other night instead of Godden running around like a headless chicken he should have done that and so should Simms have done when he came on🤬

Yeah your right, got to bring in a Coach to teach them how to play as a Centre Forward.

JulianDarbyFTW

Hate Norwich. Awful club, awful place. The land that time forgot. But I do like their kits. That lovely canary yellow, with highlights of sumptous green. Luxurious. For that, I'll give them a rating of 4/10.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Maybe we could get an ex Man Utd forward in on the training ground. Someone who has done it at the highest level.

Mark Robins was a striker who played along side a big Center Forward at Man United.

Like we had Ferguson and Wallace.

But in today's game it's all about Midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread