Could those attending Wasps games... (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

They had to 'abandon their home', so your premise doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you could write it yourself. What have these Wasps got to do with my story exactly?

You could argue that ccfc would be forced to abandon their home due to Wasps. Still, killing off our football club will be worth just to get sisu out.

torchomatic

TheRoyalScam

Are you really quoting their own website?

In other news, Tim Fisher says there is a new stadium and is out looking for badgers.

Jesus Christ.

Don't know about badgers, but here's Fisher on 25th May: There is one other option on the outskirts of the city boundary, but both CA and I would like to go for the BPA option. It bucks the trend of stadium development today – being an inner-city stadium – however, there are so many positives to the football club moving here. There would be no option of the academy being at the BPA, though, whereas that would be an option with the other ‘out-of-town’ site.
Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ting-minutes-3132807.aspx#TRjTdukiTjX1y0Fu.99

Tad

OK - if Wasps were 'forced to abandon' London then we were 'forced to move' to Sixfields.

At least we had the fucking decency to go home...
Yeah...in the form of a cold, dead, empty shell of a club. Good job, lads.

Nick

Administrator
Don't know about badgers, but here's Fisher on 25th May: There is one other option on the outskirts of the city boundary, but both CA and I would like to go for the BPA option. It bucks the trend of stadium development today – being an inner-city stadium – however, there are so many positives to the football club moving here. There would be no option of the academy being at the BPA, though, whereas that would be an option with the other ‘out-of-town’ site.
Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ting-minutes-3132807.aspx#TRjTdukiTjX1y0Fu.99

Can you not see the point?

clint van damme

I bought a Coventry business a few years ago, with an established reputation and plenty of customers. Although not an expert myself, I was happy with the management team I installed, and everything went well for a while. I even managed to sell a couple of assets that I'd inherited with the business (although a few of my customers got twitchy feet about this, asking me where my 'ambition' was...)

After a while it became obvious to me that serious investment was required to take the business to the next level. Unfortunately the funds were not available - my modus operandi is not to invest but asset strip, so I decided on a different path. I could keep the business running by selling assets, including new assets that my business had developed.

By selling these assets I was also cutting my operating costs. However there was one cost that remained constant - the rental on my newly built business premises. When I took over the business this rent amounted to circa 10% of my total costs - now, through shrewd selling of assets and reducing wages, I had stripped my fixed costs to the bone, yet the rental remained the same.

So I decided to just stop paying the rent! My plan was simple - distress the operating company which ran the business premises, hopefully bankrupting them, then buy them out for peanuts! Trebles all round for us. It was disappointing that a lot of my customers didn't agree with this way of doing business, and my company's turnover decreased as a result.

Eventually I had to file for administration because the management company didn't like the fact I wasn't paying rent.

Happily my company came out of administration and shrewdly kept the important 'operator's licence' to carry on in business.

And I had yet another clever plan - I took the business over the county border to smaller premises. Because it was an hour away customers and turnover dropped to a bare minimum, but this was all part of my master plan. Using the legal system I could blame it all on established local businesses/charities/councils and batter them in the courts!
Although it's cost my business a lot of funds to go to court, and a succession of judges have ruled against us, I'm pleased to say we're still trading. And we're still threatening court action!

What amazes me is that despite all of this nobody wants to agree rental deals with my company.

Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

you sound like a dodgy fucker, I knew you were a wrong 'un.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah...in the form of a cold, dead, empty shell of a club. Good job, lads.

maxresdefault.jpg

4221396001_3781603221001_vs-5412e043e4b03c2e4e19b9d2-672293877001.jpg

Yeah freezing!

Tad

Nicely done. The one and only game (and their return) to prove a point that you missed. The support has always been there, the players and club haven't though.

I promise you right now, Coventry City will NOT be going anywhere in its current condition.

Nick

Administrator
Nicely done. The one and only game (and their return) to prove a point that you missed. The support has always been there, the players and club haven't though.

Strange, they have all been there every game I have been to.

Tad

I'm certain technology hasn't evolved to transfer smells through the internet, but I can smell that from here.

TheRoyalScam

Reactions: Tad

Nick

Administrator
That's a good article I agree. However it's clear that they had to move from High Wycombe, and had plans for developing a local airport site thrown out by the local council. It seems there is definitely a 'soft-touch' approach by RU's governing bodies regarding moving grounds.

So the offer they had to sort a stadium with a hotel near their home?

Ian1779

That's a good article I agree. However it's clear that they had to move from High Wycombe, and had plans for developing a local airport site thrown out by the local council. It seems there is definitely a 'soft-touch' approach by RU's governing bodies regarding moving grounds.

Who gives a fuck?

The only approach we care about is the football approach - and in the world of football franchises are condemned.

Those that make excuses otherwise are not true fans of this club.

Tad

Football approach?

Dodgy deals, bankruptcy, scum and thugs?

Really classy that.

TheRoyalScam

So the offer they had to sort a stadium with a hotel near their home?
Your arguments are too simplistic - they wanted control of their destiny and the terms weren't right in this instance - that's how I read it...

Ian1779

Your arguments are too simplistic - they wanted control of their destiny and the terms weren't right in this instance - that's how I read it...

So they took their oval shaped ball to play 85 miles away. Well done Wasps.

SISU took Coventry to Sixfields - bad SISU.

TheRoyalScam

Who gives a fuck?

The only approach we care about is the football approach - and in the world of football franchises are condemned.

Those that make excuses otherwise are not true fans of this club.
Please rate Sisu's 'football approach' for me....

TheRoyalScam

As opposed to you seeing it as a gospel...
Not at all, I've got no feelings towards Wasps really, just been googling their history of moving grounds and this article (admittedly on their website) seemed a worthwhile link....

Ian1779

Not at all, I've got no feelings towards Wasps really, just been googling their history of moving grounds and this article (admittedly on their website) seemed a worthwhile link....

So do you believe they were 'forced' here?

Tad

Erm, CCFC wanted control of their destiny and the terms weren't right. See you in 80 miles and your full support.

The difference is, Wasps did it too grow beyond their limits in their previous home, SISU did it because they're a bunch of babies who tried to haggle after signing the agreement.

torchomatic

I suppose the Wasps website must be the Devil's Handbook in your opinion.

OK, imagine for arguments sake I used the official CCFC website to link to a club statement to back a point I had made. What would your reaction be? Although, I'd imagine you're one of those who use the amusing term "offal".

Tad

In relation to franchise sport.... Certainly higher than Wasps.

If you honestly belief that, then you really do know little about the subject you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread