Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (6 Viewers)

chiefdave

Reading this thread and I’m disappointed with the animosity shown towards our own fans. I know a few groups who have boxes and they’re just mates who’ve clubbed together. They all acknowledge that it was too cheap and were expecting the price to rise by 4-500 a person which would have been acceptable; going from 700ish to 2000+ isn’t. These are all people who committed to boxes when the club needed them.
think this is the root of a lot of the complaints. There seems to be a belief that corporate should just be for regular fans who fancy something a bit different / a massive piss up in a box / somewhere to do coke.

That's not the idea of corporate and you have to wonder if having that demographic in there was perceived by King to be causing issues. We've seen issues with the dress code and behaviour raised already, maybe the club believes that bigger hitters, and potential commercial partners, are being put off.

Also if it was just regular fans who have taken advantage of the clubs decline then surely they'd realise they were lucky to get that at below market rate for so long and just move back with the rest of us and get regular season tickets. Really can't get my head round the ones who are now saying they won't go at all.

Voice_of_Reason

think this is the root of a lot of the complaints. There seems to be a belief that corporate should just be for regular fans who fancy something a bit different / a massive piss up in a box / somewhere to do coke.

That's not the idea of corporate and you have to wonder if having that demographic in there was perceived by King to be causing issues. We've seen issues with the dress code and behaviour raised already, maybe the club believes that bigger hitters, and potential commercial partners, are being put off.

Also if it was just regular fans who have taken advantage of the clubs decline then surely they'd realise they were lucky to get that at below market rate for so long and just move back with the rest of us and get regular season tickets. Really can't get my head round the ones who are now saying they won't go at all.
Many corporate sales are to limited companies, not individuals, and therefore tax deductible. I am an example of this, buying corporate for my company.

Feb57

Many corporate sales are to limited companies, not individuals, and therefore tax deductible. I am an example of this, buying corporate for my company.
I thought someone in an earlier response said entertainment was not tax deductible. I may have misunderstood?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I thought someone in an earlier response said entertainment was not tax deductible. I may have misunderstood?
That was me.

Entertainment is not tax deductible in the UK.

It will be deducted as part of the calculation of accounting profit, but then has to be added back as part of the tax computation.

If VoR is deducting it from his taxable profit he'll have to hope he doesn't get an HMRC audit :)

David O'Day

Reading this thread and I’m disappointed with the animosity shown towards our own fans. I know a few groups who have boxes and they’re just mates who’ve clubbed together. They all acknowledge that it was too cheap and were expecting the price to rise by 4-500 a person which would have been acceptable; going from 700ish to 2000+ isn’t. These are all people who committed to boxes when the club needed them.
playing devils advocate why should they pay less than the average price for a club our size

Grendel

it isn’t

Voice_of_Reason

That was me.

Entertainment is not tax deductible in the UK.

It will be deducted as part of the calculation of accounting profit, but then has to be added back as part of the tax computation.

If VoR is deducting it from his taxable profit he'll have to hope he doesn't get an HMRC audit :)
I sold my company 13 years ago and retired. My then accountant submitted all company accounts. I just wanted to point out not all corporate corporate sales are to individuals. 13 years ago watching CCFC was not entertainment, it was sufferance lol

theferret

Nobody has said this though. There is universal acceptance that prices needed to rise. The issue is the sudden increase and questions about value when the facilities are absolutely dog shit when compared with other clubs.

I've seen plenty of plenty people on this thread label those in corporate as 'rich toffs' and others seem to view them as 'coked up lads'. Which is it? Either way, the hostility towards those who have being paying more than any of us to support the club over recent years is a bit weird. Genuinely shocked by some of the stuff on here tbh.

Anyway, these people can vote with their feet if they want to. I don't know anyone in a box currently, but know a few in the corporate areas, and none are renewing in there. I suspect quite a few empty seats next season.

shmmeee

Nobody has said this though. There is universal acceptance that prices needed to rise. The issue is the sudden increase and questions about value when the facilities are absolutely dog shit when compared with other clubs.

I've seen plenty of plenty people on this thread label those in corporate as 'rich toffs' and others seem to view them as 'coked up lads'. Which is it? Either way, the hostility towards those who have being paying more than any of us to support the club over recent years is a bit weird. Genuinely shocked by some of the stuff on here tbh.

Anyway, these people can vote with their feet if they want to. I don't know anyone in a box currently, but know a few in the corporate areas, and none are renewing in there. I suspect quite a few empty seats next season.

Same as the ticket prices elsewhere. If we make less money this year then it’ll have been a failure and the prices will change. Big if thiugh.

hill83

I've seen plenty of plenty people on this thread label those in corporate as 'rich toffs' and others seem to view them as 'coked up lads'. Which is it?

One and the same no? Not cheap these days I’ve been told.

EalingSB

Jesus. Thanks to @theferret for a considered reply. I was talking about lads who have their own businesses, others who have sold successful companies, not a group looking to get pissed/take coke. The club have disenfranchised a large group who have put more money than most in recently. As others have said, the facilities are basic at best.

SBAndy

It’s a fair point. The club, however, need to now ensure that they can sell sufficient boxes to justify the rise. It’s a huge price-point black hole they’ve opened up though. I’d imagine they would want to sell about 80% of available boxes on a full-season basis, which gives them enough room to increase takings at high profile games. To be honest, I’d be surprised if a third are filled. Hope I’m wrong.

Too many people looking at it thinking ‘you only need to sell X boxes to increase the income’ assuming no one was expecting an increase of any kind. The challenge is would they have had more take up, and more opportunity to increase income, if they’d priced at (for example) £15k+VAT this season? If they had sold out again then yes there is the opportunity cost but they’d have hard info to suggest they could push prices up further.

mmttww

Jesus. Thanks to @theferret for a considered reply. I was talking about lads who have their own businesses, others who have sold successful companies, not a group looking to get pissed/take coke. The club have disenfranchised a large group who have put more money than most in recently. As others have said, the facilities are basic at best.
I really wanted to leave this, but f*ck me.

"Disenfranchised"?

No one's entitled to a box or corporate seats. No one had a right to anything here. What you and others put in wasn't a donation. You wanted something, you paid for it, you got it. Please stop talking like it was a benevolent act. It's nauseating.

EalingSB

"Disenfranchised"?

No one's entitled to a box or corporate seats. No one had a right to anything here. What you and others put in wasn't a donation. You wanted something, you paid for it, you got it. Please stop talking like it was a benevolent act. It's nauseating.
Fair point, was the wrong word: annoyed/frustrated better. Still think it could and should have been handled better.

Last edited:

oldfiver

clint van damme

"Disenfranchised"?

You've completely missed the point people are making.

Porkchophill

So basically you are either a Toff or a pissed up coke head .. funnily enough about 95% of home games I don’t drink because I work nights on the railway and have to drive to work after games . As I said before I’ll be buying a season ticket else where , but people need to get away from the idea people in corporate have been fleecing the club by having a cheap experience … they set the prices and to be honest I was ready for an increase just not the level they have jumped to for a very basic service compared to other grounds . Hopefully it’s a master stroke by the club and has the desired effect for the budgets going forward .. but as we all know this club is full of thickle fans who can quite easy disappear after one bad season .. And I’m yet to see the investment on the team

djr8369

It surely those loyal fans now deserve a box for £15 each a season and a free sports massage from Doug King himself?

Porkchophill

It is the first week .. all I’m saying is we are yet to see how committed he is as much as I hated SISU you can’t really put last seasons success at kings feet . This window and next season is his bench mark

olderskyblue

I’m in Coventry club. I go on my own since my mate died. There were no concessions last season in this area, so full price for me.

I chose to go here so I could get a cup of tea at half time without missing the start of the 2nd half. Also, to cut out the amount of climbing I had to do to get to my seat (dodgy ticker). Also, to have a more comfortable area to relax before and after the game (To allow the traffic to clear a bit)

for this I get a free cuppa and programme, plus the advantages above.

I get there early, and often you can’t get a cuppa before the match, and usually not afterwards either. This might not seem like much, but I speak to others up there, and lots stay drinking after the game, but others also go off elsewhere because their designated driver wants a cuppa, and can’t get one, so they all move more local to where they live, and the driver can get on the beer there. seems self defeating to me for the sake of leaving the milk on the tables and hot water.

as I’m on my own, I don’t get a car park pass, so I buy that separately at quite a cost. I’d have to do that wherever I sat, so does not count in the extra costs this season for me.

The rise is high, and you don’t really get an awful lot for it, but it suits my needs, so I’ll stump up the extra I guess, but others I chat to in there may not.

slowpoke

It is the first week .. all I’m saying is we are yet to see how committed he is as much as I hated SISU you can’t really put last seasons success at kings feet . This window and next season is his bench mark
He isn’t going to run round boasting & yahooing we have millions to spend is he, there will be a budget as we stand now which might increase if we sell a player. Apart from any transfer kitty he’s sorting other things that were amiss at the club, Ryton being upgraded, quality back room staff being hired, the ground sorted and a quality pitch being laid and this is all since the end of January not long ago is it.
I think there will be serious movement re: transfers in the next week or so to coincide with the general sale of season tickets.

CDK

More S/T sold all higher spend ,same with corporate boxes if reading this right then a bigger budget.corperate boxes will sell maybe slower but at a proper price as it should be.
This I think is kings formula for robins

ccfcchris

Before we start criticizing the transfer budget shouldn't we consider that we're losing £5 million a year as it stands according to Grendel.
Genuine question.

hill83

Before we start criticizing the transfer budget shouldn't we consider that we're losing £5 million a year as it stands according to Grendel.
Genuine question.

I’d argue we shouldn’t be criticising the transfer budget because we don’t know what the transfer budget is to start with.

Robinshio

Genuine question.
£2m was interest. That is now wiped we always knew we needed £2-£3m from player sales but that was a bonus from the play offs this year

rob9872

It's the sense of entitlement that's odd from those who have enjoyed cheaper corporate or boxes. Would I have liked one? Sure. But I couldn't afford one so I sat in the stands.

They've had one priced that they could afford, now they either can't afford or can't justify the cost so move on and sit with the rest of us who can't afford one.

It doesn't make them any more important because for a few seasons they could put more than the average fan in, we've all done what we can. I had a season ticket in L2, at Brum, through Covid when we couldn't go and since we returned to CBS, just like many of you on here will have too. We're all equal in my eyes of supporting the club when it needed us most and spent what we could afford.

The thing the club have got wrong imo is the delay in getting them out not enabling them to find other premium seats.

Grendel

£2m was interest. That is now wiped we always knew we needed £2-£3m from player sales but that was a bonus from the play offs this year

It’s around £4.3 m with £2m interest on top isn’t it?

shmmeee

Genuine question.

Nope. That’s Championship football. You want to stop losing money you go up or down. King knew this just like Sisu did. I won’t feel pity for owners of football clubs losing money. If Championship football isn’t for you don’t get involved.

Reactions: SBT

Users who are viewing this thread