Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (2 Viewers)

CV22SBA

That was me.

Entertainment is not tax deductible in the UK.

It will be deducted as part of the calculation of accounting profit, but then has to be added back as part of the tax computation.

If VoR is deducting it from his taxable profit he'll have to hope he doesn't get an HMRC audit :)
Entertaining your “staff” at a football match is tax deductible. Now you’re either a bad accountant or you need to get a new accountant 😉

oldfiver

Entertaining your “staff” at a football match is tax deductible. Now you’re either a bad accountant or you need to get a new accountant 😉
Ehm ,, you have included the word 'staff' which makes a difference.

Do remember the cost inc VAT may be a staff benefit in kind that is taxed at the employees highest rate PLUS Employers National Insurance at 13.8%

So don't get too excited!

ajl

It's the sense of entitlement that's odd from those who have enjoyed cheaper corporate or boxes. Would I have liked one? Sure. But I couldn't afford one so I sat in the stands.

They've had one priced that they could afford, now they either can't afford or can't justify the cost so move on and sit with the rest of us who can't afford one.

It doesn't make them any more important because for a few seasons they could put more than the average fan in, we've all done what we can. I had a season ticket in L2, at Brum, through Covid when we couldn't go and since we returned to CBS, just like many of you on here will have too. We're all equal in my eyes of supporting the club when it needed us most and spent what we could afford.

The thing the club have got wrong imo is the delay in getting them out not enabling them to find other premium seats.
The delay was due to the Arena and Frasers changing their corporate packages, getting new caterers in,

Ie Frasers new it was shit, so they invested in it, but that meant cov couldn't put prices out as they didn't know the outgoings, so Coventry didn't delay it, they had to wait to find out how much was going to have to be spent on the corporate packages, to then get the revenue they wanted

I personally can't blame them for that

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

rob9872

The delay was due to the Arena and Frasers changing their corporate packages, getting new caterers in,

Ie Frasers new it was shit, so they invested in it, but that meant cov couldn't put prices out as they didn't know the outgoings, so Coventry didn't delay it, they had to wait to find out how much was going to have to be spent on the corporate packages, to then get the revenue they wanted

I personally can't blame them for that

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I wasn't aware of that, however did they contact all corporate season ticket holders when the premium offer was made to make them aware of that and give them a choice? To my knowledge they were simply not released yet.

chiefdave

I know someone who works on the catering side. He said a few weeks ago the facilities there are barely functioning as Wasps just let everything fall apart. Good to hear that Frasers are cracking on with the remedial work that is needed

oldfiver

Don’t you think they all use the word “staff”.

Probably - the same people may also not complete BIK returns. However if on a PAYE audit or similar these errors are spotted it could be costly. The employee could have a tax bill at 40% rate, the Employer will be paying extra NI at 13.8% plus penalties

Not complying with the regulations is not the same as saying they don't exist!

Ashdown

That was me.

Entertainment is not tax deductible in the UK.

It will be deducted as part of the calculation of accounting profit, but then has to be added back as part of the tax computation.

If VoR is deducting it from his taxable profit he'll have to hope he doesn't get an HMRC audit :)
If that’s now the case, how the hell do all the insurance companies get away with their involvement in sport , cricket, rugby , football matches and golf days etc ?

Ashdown

Executive boxes, Premier League STs, Premium Zones, increased price kids tickets……The value of all these options will ultimately be judged on team performances and results. A quality season at the right end of the table and dissent will be minimal ,If it’s poor quality football and league position…..There will be outrage.

Deity

Executive boxes, Premier League STs, Premium Zones, increased price kids tickets……The value of all these options will ultimately be judged on team performances and results. A quality season at the right end of the table and dissent will be minimal ,If it’s poor quality football and league position…..There will be outrage.
You would need to be a little odd to be outraged for paying the going rate to attend something.

if I go to the cinema I’m not annoyed with the price of the ticket if the film is poor.

shmmeee

You would need to be a little odd to be outraged for paying the going rate to attend something.

if I go to the cinema I’m not annoyed with the price of the ticket if the film is poor.

You think people will be happy after six years of progress if when we put prices up we go backwards?

DazzleTommyDazzle

If that’s now the case, how the hell do all the insurance companies get away with their involvement in sport , cricket, rugby , football matches and golf days etc ?
If they sponsor it, then it's allowable for tax, subject to certain tests - basically is it really a commercial deal to benefit the sponsoring company or are they trying to scam HMRC.

ccfcchris

Nope. That’s Championship football. You want to stop losing money you go up or down. King knew this just like Sisu did. I won’t feel pity for owners of football clubs losing money. If Championship football isn’t for you don’t get involved.
I never mentioned King. If we want a sustainable football club we have to reduce losses and live within our means. I think it's obvious King hasn't got big money to splaff at the club so ways must be found to increase revenue.

Even MR is saying it's all about incremental steps.

shmmeee

I never mentioned King. If we want a sustainable football club we have to reduce losses and live within our means. I think it's obvious King hasn't got big money to splaff at the club so ways must be found to increase revenue.

Even MR is saying it's all about incremental steps.

Again, there are no sustainable clubs at this level.

ccfcchris

Again, there are no sustainable clubs at this level.
Well, get used to it. We ain't getting someone who's going spunk millions into the team trying to get to the Prem. You may not like it but the way they're doing things is the best approach for me.

Ashdown

Well, get used to it. We ain't getting someone who's going spunk millions into the team trying to get to the Prem. You may not like it but the way they're doing things is the best approach for me.
The way they are doing it is fine….as long as all this increased input by supporters improves the club in every way ….We’ve had all the chat from owners before to find …..a number of wankers have had their fingers in the pie 🤔

shmmeee

Nice straw man you’ve built there.

So is the plan to drop down to L1 if it’s not getting to the Prem?

Saying we won’t sign players while we’re losing money is saying we won’t ever sign players. There aren’t enough revenue increases and cost cuts to do that.

ccfcchris

I've built nothing. Just pointing out how it makes me laugh how people like yourself sit back and criticize other people and how they should spend their money to your liking.

pusbccfc

Happy to admit I was wrong. Majority empty today. 20230812_080234.jpg

The positive is that it fills out the rest of the stadium.

PVA

In the interest of balance and fairness

I caved in to getting ‘The Mill’ membership for the season and was majorly impressed and looks a snip at the price paid so hats off

What do you get for that, a decent seat and access to The Mill (which is presumably closed to non corporate)?

Saddlebrains

what happened in the end? did he offer boxes at a discounted rate to holders from last season?

He did yea, i think they went down to 20k. But still only a few took that up.

Lesson learnt i suppose. If next season he makes the box prices more reflective of what you actually get for your money, gets kits released on time and ensures that there isnt a 4th season running where ST's are late it will show hes listened and learnt

MalcSB

Box pricing will be interesting as it surely will need to be more per person than , for example, Club Coventry.

12 Club Coventry @ £925 = £11,100
3 parking permits @ £250 = £750
Drink and 1 course, say £15 per person per match = £4,140

That totals £15,990 without the “exclusivity” etc of the boxes (limited though they may be). Anything less than £20,000 would make Club Coventry seem overly expensive and poor value, which it already is for me.

alexccfc99

What do you get for that, a decent seat and access to The Mill (which is presumably closed to non corporate)?
Pretty much

Found it a lot more laid back and less formal than normal hospitality, was a big fan and glad I did it

Si80

Pretty much

Found it a lot more laid back and less formal than normal hospitality, was a big fan and glad I did it
Have they fixed the tv's in there because at the end of last season they were pretty much impossible to watch. Good choice of beers though.

shmmeee

He did yea, i think they went down to 20k. But still only a few took that up.

Lesson learnt i suppose. If next season he makes the box prices more reflective of what you actually get for your money, gets kits released on time and ensures that there isnt a 4th season running where ST's are late it will show hes listened and learnt

That’s the thing. As a new owner he’s got a right to make calls and as long as he’s big enough to admit when they don’t work and take responsibility then no worries.

I’d rather we price too high and have to come down than the other way from a business perspective TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread