Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (1 Viewer)

mmttww

The comparisons with other Championship prices are a little misconceived, it's not a market whereby you're competing for business so the baseline price is the current one. To put that up so significantly is just silly, bad business practice and dare I say the sort of thing Wasps would do.
Don't think Wasps had 20k+ regular, paying customers at any point so I don't get the comparison. I know we're not competing with those clubs, but it's a way of finding out if you might be massively underselling yourself. Seems like we might be, sales will confirm it one way or the other.

MalcSB

The arguments in the posts seem to be mostly about the executive boxes, but there are the other alleged Premium seating areas that have also been hiked as have other areas of the ground.
I am fortunate enough to have been able to afford a place in the Club Coventry Lounge for the past season and before that at Birmingham in the JC Lounge before we came back to the arena.
I do not consider myself to be a member of the Prawn sandwich brigade, supporting Coventry City is my one passion and I have worked hard to be able to afford this in my later years (yes I am a pensioner and a supporter of this club since the age of 5. Do the maths.). I have done my time getting soaked on the Spion Kop, West End, Sky Blue Terrace (Norwich 5-4) and in the latter years the West Stand. Therefore, I believe before some of you start saying Prawn brigade I have earnt the right to enjoy the football in my later years in what some might call a privlidged seat. These packages are sold as Premium and the one at Birmingham certainly was. However, the Club Coventry Lounge experience is far from Premium. I am basically paying double money for a seat close to the halfway line with a cup of tea/coffee at half time, a programme, a team sheet(wow) and an interview with the MOM that is very often hard to hear as the over exuberant fans who have had too much to drink drown out the speaker.
I recognise its my choice as to whether I purchase a seat in said area, but in only releasing the seats after every other area has been released and the better positioned seats (Individual choice as to what is a better view) already taken then the club have shafted me. This also applies to the Legends lounge which has doubly been hit by taking away the concession availability. As for Mills, unless you sit on the furthest row back ( J I think, just in front of the press box) when it rains you get wet (this I know as I used to sit there previously) and now they want you to pay £750 for the experience.
We all want the club to be able to prosper and move forward but ..... by only drip feeding the prices and availability you have and one might say cynically shafted some of your fan base in the knowledge that as I feel, I have no option if I want to stay with a seat near the halfway line, I have to cough up £925 as opposed to £400 had you released all of the seating plans and prices in one go.
The alternative, I wait until July 4th see what becomes available in the hope that I can get seats in the opposite stand but at the risk of losing my seat now and nothing being available in the other stand. Happy Days!
PUSB
You have expressed exactly my experience and feelings on the matter, as a now ex Club Coventry member. The price rise has been exacerbated by the lack of an early bird discount, which was available last year. I had hedged my bets by getting a STH elsewhere in anticipation of a likely price rise which has worked out to be 28.5% - god knows what the increase would have been if we had got promoted. I won’t miss the free match day programme ( I certainly won’t be buying one) nor the crap cheap instant coffee that is on offer.

It never was a particularly premium experience and the approach they have taken in terms of timings and disenfranchising long standing supporters (in my case attending everywhere we have used for home matche since 1967) leaves a worse taste in the mouth than that shit coffee did.

Last edited:

Ashdown

All these people admitting going to Northampton 🤔
Like some say sales will show results. I know a bunch of my my mates are giving up their box , the increase is just too steep.
Very keen for match day prices now.

CV22SBA

You have expressed exactly my experience and feelings on the matter, as a now ex Club Coventry member. The price rise has been exacerbated by the lack of an early bird discount, which was available last year. I had hedged my bets by getting a STH elsewhere in anticipation of a likely price rise which has worked out to be 28.5% - god knows what the increase would have been if we had got promoted. I won’t miss the free match day programme ( I certainly won’t be buying one) nor the crap cheap instant coffee that is on offer.

It never was a particularly premium experience and the approach they have taken in terms of timings and disenfranchising long standing supporters (in my case attending everywhere we have used for home matche since 1967) leaves a worse taste in the mouth than that shit coffee did.
Club Coventry works out at £40 per game this season, still good value in my book.
Pay on the day is likely to be £35+ elsewhere in the ground.
I'd much rather pay the extra £5 per game to sit in a comfy seat, have a pint in a glass and a seat in the bar before and after the game.
If you don't like the free coffee have a beer like 99% of the other fans.
Oh and stop fucking moaning.

Robinshio

simple - if we dont sell them all, they will be sold on a by matcch basis

you would probably get £2k for leeds / leicester/ southampton/ sunderland
£1.5k for sheff wed / norwich/ middlesbrough

- which means you only need to sell the other 16 games at £780 each (£60 a head)

MalcSB

Club Coventry works out at £40 per game this season, still good value in my book.
I'd much rather pay the extra £5 per game to sit in a comfy seat, have a pint in a glass and a seat in the bar before and after the game.

I don’t have beer at half time because I like to be in my seat and not getting up for a piss or otherwise powder my nose every five minutes And I need to be sober for the 60 mile drive home.

Comparison on individual match day prices is vacuous, the correct comparison is with a premium zone ST at £440 per season or £19 per game. The pre match pints I do have have recently been in a plastic “glass”. There is no such thing as a free coffee.

Over recent years I have tried to put as much money as I can reasonably afford in to the club I love. Didn’t claim back anything for the covid period, bought the ticket the second covid year that entitled you to attend precisely zero matches, paid premium prices for a less than premium experience, bought shirts I can’t wear to games and now paid £500 for a premier league package in a seat that would otherwise have cost £360.

I’m not a toff, I’m retired.

So you can fuck right off you twat.

Last edited:

CV22SBA

I don’t have beer at half time because I like to be in my seat and not getting up for a piss or otherwise powder my nose every five minutes And I need to be sober for the 60 mile drive home.

Comparison on individual match day prices is vacuous, the correct comparison is with a premium zone ST at £440 per season or £19 per game. The pre match pints I do have have recently been in a plastic “glass”.

Over recent years I have tried to put as much money as I can reasonably afford in to the club I love. Didn’t claim back anything for the covid period, bought the ticket the second covid year that entitled you to attend precisely zero matches, paid premium prices for a less than premium experience, bought shirts I can’t wear to games and now paid £500 for a premier league package in a seat that would otherwise have cost £360.

I’m not a toff, I’m retired.

Oh fuck off with your sob story, no one cares.
£40 per game is not expensive for what you get.

Balli001

Comparison on individual match day prices is vacuous, the correct comparison is with a premium zone ST at £440 per season or £19 per game. The pre match pints I do have have recently been in a plastic “glass”.

You chose to buy in that area though right? You bought the shirt knowing where you were sitting. If the experience wasnt premium why pay the money? I also didnt claim anything and bought the same covid ticket but i am not abusing people on a public forum. All of these things dont make you a special case. Sorry but i have minimal sympathy with your 'plight'.

Feb57

Just some minor points. You do not always get a pint in a glass or any other alcoholic drink. We also get crappy plastic beakers more often than not, certainly after the game. As for a seat, if your lucky, arrive much after 14.15 and very often there are no seats left, a team sheet if your lucky. My point here is, its not all its cracked up to be. But if match day prices are £35, and you dont have a season ticket then a game by game basis in the CC is going to be in the region of £80 per game going on last years prices and the increase.
Before you say it, its my choice, but I would have liked to have been given the option along with everyone else as to where I sit and not feel like its a fait accompli.
PUSB

MalcSB

You chose to buy in that area though right? You bought the shirt knowing where you were sitting. If the experience wasnt premium why pay the money? I also didnt claim anything and bought the same covid ticket but i am not abusing people on a public forum. All of these things dont make you a special case. Sorry but i have minimal sympathy with your 'plight'.
I did all that out of loyalty and to support the club. As the experience isn’t premium I won’t be buying in that area again.

I think that is the first time I have ever sworn on this forum.

mmttww

It is expensive for what you get. I look forward to the outpouring of grief if Cat A tickets are £35 plus. I won’t care.
Bit of a difference, no? Match Day tickets are for thousands of people who could never and probably won't ever be able to afford a box or anything like it. Reading page after page of a handful of people with sh*tloads of disposable income complain that the party might be over for them is getting boring now. I think your statement that you won't care says more about you than those pointing out that being priced out of corporate areas isn't a big issue. Literally. It's 30 boxes, and a few hundred other spots. You can still afford to go to the game. Some might not at £35. Wind your neck in.

MalcSB

Bit of a difference, no? Match Day tickets are for thousands of people who could never and probably won't ever be able to afford a box or anything like it. Reading page after page of a handful of people with sh*tloads of disposable income complain that the party might be over for them is getting boring now.
Could you tell me what my disposable income is?

As you know what this thread is about, you could always just not read it and save yourself the boredom.

David O'Day

Once again i get the comms is shit from the club but they have been clear about needing to increase income

mmttww

Could you tell me what my disposable income is?

As you know what this thread is about, you could always just not read it and save yourself the boredom.
Nah. Sometimes people need calling on their bullsh*t. If you can afford corporate seats, safe to assume you're doing OK.

theferret

That comparison makes no sense. It is a season commitment, so it's £40 per game rather than £19, the only difference seemingly some instant coffee and a programme.

Ultimately yes, people don't have to pay and I suspect many won't. They may force them to improve the experience, which is decidedly National League at the moment.

Also, if matchday prices rise to £35 for the cheapest seat, expect crowds next season to consist pretty much exclusively of ST holders and away fans. Burnley last season the club only sold 1800 tickets for the game to City fans. Expect a lot more of that.

AndreasB

Don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but there are no concession prices in the Lounges now. Lots of families in there last year.
They will now have to pay £925 for a 7 yr olds ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

That comparison makes no sense. It is a season commitment, so it's £40 per game rather than £19, the only difference seemingly some instant coffee and a programme.

Ultimately yes, people don't have to pay and I suspect many won't. They may force them to improve the experience, which is decidedly National League at the moment.

Also, if matchday prices rise to £35 for the cheapest seat, expect crowds next season to consist pretty much exclusively of ST holders and away fans. Burnley last season the club only sold 1800 tickets for the game to City fans. Expect a lot more of that.

Agreed. The box and season ticket prices were cheap previously and have increased to a standard Championship rate.

The matchday prices were one of the most expensive in the league. If they make it £35 it's an absolute disgrace and will struggle for sales.

MalcSB

Once again i get the comms is shit from the club but they have been clear about needing to increase income
TBH, it isn’t the basic price increase, and I get the need to increase revenue. It is the no early bird (which affects me) and stopping he concessions (which were only for children and so doesn’t affect me) whilst delaying the lease of the prices until some options, such as Premier League or Family Zone seem to have ended/ gone. It’s going to end up being really difficult to accommodate ordinary people who took their children and other family members in to those “premium” areas for whatever, non-corporate reason ( maybe to avoid pissed, coked up morons - smoke bombs optional)

Shit comms from the club definitely.

mmttww

TBH, it isn’t the basic price increase, and I get the need to increase revenue. It is the no early bird (which affects me) and stopping he concessions (which were only for children and so doesn’t affect me) whilst delaying the lease of the prices until some options, such as Premier League or Family Zone seem to have ended/ gone. It’s going to end up being really difficult to accommodate ordinary people who took their children and other family members in to those “premium” areas for whatever, non-corporate reason ( maybe to avoid pissed, coked up morons - smoke bombs optional)

Shit comms from the club definitely.
You sound like an elitist knob here. "Don't make me sit with the morons, Doug!" If you're after sympathy, this is a strange way of going about it.

MalcSB

It was people possibly not wanting their kids exposed to drunken and drugged idiots that I was talking about. And I’m not looking for sympathy. Can’t you read and comprehend English?

mmttww

It was people possibly not wanting their kids exposed to drunken and drugged idiots that I was talking about. And I’m not looking for sympathy. Can’t you read and comprehend English?
Yes, I can. You referred to sitting where you did so you didn't have to be around "morons". Your words. Inferring that the only way to avoid being around people you'd use that word to desribe is to pay a fortune, and sit in a part of the ground that 99% of people couldn't afford, is ignorant snobbery. Plain and simple.

mmttww

Why are you such a hater? People work hard for their money whether you like it or not
I'm not. No hate in that post. Pointing out that if you can afford corporate tickets to the football, you're probably doing OK for money.

Grendel

I'm not. No hate in that post. Pointing out that if you can afford corporate tickets to the football, you're probably doing OK for money.

You sound very bitter

MalcSB

Yes, I can. You referred to sitting where you did so you didn't have to be around "morons". Your words. Inferring that the only way to avoid being around people you'd use that word to desribe is to pay a fortune, and sit in a part of the ground that 99% of people couldn't afford, is ignorant snobbery. Plain and simple.
Oh dear, you really can’t read and comprehend English. That’s not the reason I have given for sitting in Club Coventry, which was to put as much as I could reasonably afford in to the club I love. I referred to a potential reason for people with children to sit there to avoid stupid people who get pissed and/or snort coke and their consequential behaviours. Protecting your child is not ignorant snobbery or elitist.

You are not great at maths. either. I’m pretty sure that the membership seats are more than 10% of average attendance last season so clearly affordable by more than 1% of people.

I think you have a very inaccurate and warped political view of the majority of supporters who sat in these membership areas in the past.

mmttww

Oh dear, you really can’t read and comprehend English. That’s not the reason I have given for sitting in Club Coventry, which was to put as much as I could reasonably afford in to the club I love. I referred to a potential reason for people with children to sit there to avoid stupid people who get pissed and/or snort coke and their consequential behaviours. Protecting your child is not ignorant snobbery or elitist.

You are not great at maths. either. I’m pretty sure that the membership seats are more than 10% of average attendance last season so clearly affordable by more than 1% of people.

I think you have a very inaccurate and warped political view of the majority of supporters who sat in these membership areas in the past.
and I think you bringing in child safeguarding is a smokescreen for you being a massive snob. Probably best left at that. Don't want to hijack the thread / forum more than I have already.

CV22SBA

Just some minor points. You do not always get a pint in a glass or any other alcoholic drink. We also get crappy plastic beakers more often than not, certainly after the game. As for a seat, if your lucky, arrive much after 14.15 and very often there are no seats left, a team sheet if your lucky. My point here is, its not all its cracked up to be. But if match day prices are £35, and you dont have a season ticket then a game by game basis in the CC is going to be in the region of £80 per game going on last years prices and the increase.
Before you say it, its my choice, but I would have liked to have been given the option along with everyone else as to where I sit and not feel like its a fait accompli.
PUSB
The problem with the seats in the bar was that people were coming in from the stands and boxes to use the facilities. For the Blues and Boro games they stopped this and there were plenty of seats available. I agree it was annoying though, we started to arrive at 13:30 so guarantee a table. I only recall two games with plastic pints though, strangely enough Blues & Boro.

Users who are viewing this thread