Birmingham attendance (4 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does anyone know what the maximum official attendance it will be on Saturday? I'm guessing it'll be at least 1000 + below absolute capacity.

bigfatronssba

Does anyone know what the maximum official attendance it will be on Saturday? I'm guessing it'll be at least 1000 + below absolute capacity.

If all the corporate/hospitality areas sell out then it should be just over 30k

theferret

Thinking about a possible play off semi and suggestions we should reduce away end, I think we might struggle to sell out for that game. Only about 4 days of sales from a standing start. Would have to price it correctly.

Not unusual for clubs in play off semi 1st leg to get a below average gate for these reasons.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Perhaps we should be sending SAG pictures of the segregation arrangements at Villa, Wolves, Chelsea, Liverpool, City etc. Where there is a will there is a way. Anyone got an email address?

A big screen offer at Butts etc would be fantastic also...we need to draw in the kids and the students and the newcomers for long term benefits.

M&B Stand

What's surprising about Saturday is not how many are going, it's how many are not going. Know loads who won't be at the game, many of whom of are semi regulars. Our active fanbase is much bigger than people realise.
Didnt the club have 80 odd thousand people on the database a few years ago?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Thinking about a possible play off semi and suggestions we should reduce away end, I think we might struggle to sell out for that game. Only about 4 days of sales from a standing start. Would have to price it correctly.

Not unusual for clubs in play off semi 1st leg to get a below average gate for these reasons.
On 25th March 1963 we played Sunderland it was a Monday night Wednesday tickets went on sale at 3 30 and if memory serves me well 44,000 had gone by 8 o'clock that night.No computers,no mobile phones and no bank cards just cash.Progress?

chiefdave

Not sure what the pricing was for Chelsea in Fa Cup.

But this has to be the biggest grossing match at the CBS/Ricoh. By some margin.
That was when we had our shitty old online ticket system that couldn't cope with more than 2 people buying at once. Ended up with a mobile bill of over £100, didn't realise the ticket number was a premium number and charged you even when it played a message saying nobody was available to answer.

Johhny Blue

On 25th March 1963 we played Sunderland it was a Monday night Wednesday tickets went on sale at 3 30 and if memory serves me well 44,000 had gone by 8 o'clock that night.No computers,no mobile phones and no bank cards just cash.Progress?
I’m sure it would be the same today if it was still a quid a ticket

100 miles from Cov.

Ordering tickets used to be a right ball ache. We played Southampton in the 2nd game at the Ricoh on a Monday night. Couldn’t get through on the phone to order tickets. Had to drive up on the Saturday to go to the ticket office only to then drive up again 2 days later for the game.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I just picked a number. Does someone want to check what prices actually were?
Memory not the best now but used to sit in front row main stand in 1958 for 2 shillng and 6 pence (12 and half pence kids price) getting there half an hour before K/O mind you inflation was never heard of then.If you bought a pint then you could go into the same pub 4 or 5 years later and get it for the same money.

Frank Sidebottom

Didnt the club have 80 odd thousand people on the database a few years ago?
Yeah but that only equates to about 20k fans with 4 different logins they've forgotten the password for.... I was having issues changing my address online recently and it turns out I had 3 accounts linked to the same email.

Users who are viewing this thread