Birmingham attendance (3 Viewers)

Bad Boy

Where were all these fuckers when we played Carlisle/FGR at home midweek on a cold wet October barely 5k. Could literally hear a pin drop horrible times. (They all rocked up for Wembley that season too).

Agree it's natural progression.

Look into the future and you have the championship play off semi final home leg too.😂
Do you go to the cinema or theatre when there's a rubbish film or play being shown?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Get the big screen up at Dhillons, Byatts, the tavern, Rialto and Cov Rugby and issue them with the firesticks and £5 in.
Better get the grandsons ticket on eBAY……….I’ll tell him how good it was and give him some Lego

ccfc1234

Hope the club ask Tom Grennan or some other local artist to play for 15 mins before kick off or at half time. When I first started going there was the sky blue crew of cheerleaders, not asking for that but be good to do a kick for cash etc.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Hope the club ask Tom Grennan or some other local artist to play for 15 mins before kick off or at half time. When I first started going there was the sky blue crew of cheerleaders, not asking for that but be good to do a kick for cash etc.
That crew are all 30’s now, could be less energetic but let’s whip up that atmosphere in any way possible

Flying Fokker

BSB .. I would love to see our fans move to behind both goals and push away supporters into 14-15 with segregation and holding them back after the game .
HR west end was split for years with away fans before it became all seating .
overall the club need to look at all options for next season.
There was of course the time when season ticket holders were given the chance During the early years. The take-up was poor. I did enjoy it though.

theferret

Banging my head against the wall reading stuff on twitter today. Some really weird takes. Take the one below, this person peppering the police liaison officer calling for more security. We have the most segregated ground in the country inside and out and he wants more and wanted the kickoff to be moved.

clint van damme

Banging my head against the wall reading stuff on twitter today. Some really weird takes. Take the one below, this person peppering the police liaison officer calling for more security. We have the most segregated ground in the country inside and out and he wants more and wanted the kickoff to be moved.

Fucking hell. Where to start with that?

M&B Stand

I bet that Twitter geezer was demanding a longer lockdown 2 years ago

robbiethemole

Fucking Sunderland will have about 40,000 in the SoL, are they going to lose two blocks to segregation? Of course not, WMP look to be a bunch of Fannie’s over this stance, just need them to do their job properly.

bigfatronssba

I bet that Twitter geezer was demanding a longer lockdown 2 years ago

People like that seem to get a thrill out of being told what to do. Baffles me

Great_Expectations

We unanimously agree people who run on the pitch are tossers.

If someone runs on during this game, with the number of people missing out on tickets, I hope they get everything they deserve.

Brighton Sky Blue

We unanimously agree people who run on the pitch are tossers.

If someone runs on during this game, with the number of people missing out on tickets, I hope they get everything they deserve.
The idiot who did it against Sunderland ultimately gave them the extra time in which they scored and had time to push for an equaliser. Doing it in stoppage time, when we had the ball and there was already 8 minutes added on, was about as stupid as it can possibly get.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You sure about that, it said community vouchers weren’t valid.
He showed me and another guy the signed side of the voucher with details on.I'm sure he said it was for two can't be certain he didn't pay any money at all, because we both got served at the same time.The valid date on it was up to May 1st.I've got no grandchildren that age now so I have no use for them.The friend he spoke to had more than 1.

chiefdave

The club needs to be pressured into acknowledging that this isn't acceptable.

Never again should there be vast numbers of empty seats when the demand exists to fill them
The reasons they're giving make zero sense. If the local media had anything about them they'd be covering this

bigfatronssba

The reasons they're giving make zero sense. If the local media had anything about them they'd be covering this

The block 13 thing is very strange.

"We decided it was better to open 4 & 5 than 13"

Just open them both! What's the issue?

chiefdave

The block 13 thing is very strange.

"We decided it was better to open 4 & 5 than 13"

Just open them both! What's the issue?
Its mad, its only a few hundred extra in the grand scheme of things and there's a gap of 1,500 people because they insist on a reduced capacity in the away end

the police and whoever else is involved might as well release a statement saying they're totally incompetent and incapable of doing their jobs as they can't cope with something that happens at grounds up and down the country every week

HerneBayGaz

They weren't always on the side. When I started going we shared the West End with them and in around 77/78 they were moved to the right side of the Kop(from the pitch) before they ended up in the Sky Blue Stand.
I know that, your right, but what I'm saying, it was a lot better when they moved to the away fans to the side. There were a lot of problems when the away fans were put in the West End, especially when we played London clubs. Point taken though.

Point taken though.

Peter Billing Eyes

They weren't always on the side. When I started going we shared the West End with them and in around 77/78 they were moved to the right side of the Kop(from the pitch) before they ended up in the Sky Blue Stand.
For a time in the late 80’s and early 90’s, away fans were located on the Main Stand side of the Spion Kop and also seated in up to 2800 seats of the Sky Blue stand. Quite a weird set-up having away fans in two entirely different sections of the ground (although understandable from an allocation point of view).

Sick Boy

I’m sure there used to be bands playing at HR during the 90s as well as the Sky Blue Belles.

NortonSkyBlue

In the early seventies you had to get in the West End early to defend the central section from being taken. the Away fans could be to the left or right of the centre depending on where they were pushed to. That is except Manchester United who just took the ground.
When they gave the away fans a section with barriers It became identified as their section and was that way for years.
in my opinion we should have given the away fans the section by 25. Like Leicester.

Brylowes

I know that, your right, but what I'm saying, it was a lot better when they moved to the away fans to the side. There were a lot of problems when the away fans were put in the West End, especially when we played London clubs. Point taken though.

Point taken though.
When I first started going to HR in I think 1975 away fans were housed in the left hand side (as you looked at it) of the west end, seemed to be trouble at the same flashpoints every week.
Few years later away supporters were moved to the opposite end of the ground onto the small side of the Kop, this did seem to quell a lot of match day trouble “at least inside the ground anyway”
From there they were moved on to the Sky Blue Stand firstly at the Kop end and then later shifted to the other side of the SBS next to the west stand.

pusbccfc

Its mad, its only a few hundred extra in the grand scheme of things and there's a gap of 1,500 people because they insist on a reduced capacity in the away end

the police and whoever else is involved might as well release a statement saying they're totally incompetent and incapable of doing their jobs as they can't cope with something that happens at grounds up and down the country every week

I honest think it's because they've moved Birmingham fans closer to the corner to allow segregation between the seats in 4/5

MalcSB

I don’t work for the club
why do you think the club are refusing to sell all the available seats
I know you don’t work for the club, and I generally sympathise when you take crap on here for what you do as a fan rep. However, I think your responses in this regard have been blasé and dismissive.

I don’t know why the club are refusing to sell all the seats, however I will bear it in mind when they attempt to maximise the revenue from my seat whilst not being prepared to maximise the revenue from the entire stadium.

baldy

Eurgh - can’t think of anything worse than seeing that fake City ‘fan’ singing his shite songs before the match or at half-time…awful suggestion

bigfatronssba

Too many people according to SkyBluePete

I’m confused as to why the club have decided that though. I’ve never once before heard a business say they have too many customers.

Seems like DK needs to have a clear out of the back room staff

bigfatronssba

If that’s the reason, it would actually be helpful if they said so. It would shut me up for a start.

Exactly. If there’s a genuine reason then communicate it.

Right now the decision making on this is looking like one of three things.

Incompetence
Arrogance
Poor communication

Sky Blue Pete

I know you don’t work for the club, and I generally sympathise when you take crap on here for what you do as a fan rep. However, I think your responses in this regard have been blasé and dismissive.

I don’t know why the club are refusing to sell all the seats, however I will bear it in mind when they attempt to maximise the revenue from my seat whilst not being prepared to maximise the revenue from the entire stadium.
Yeah me too. I don’t understand tried to just be honest not dismissive

Sky Blue Pete

Too many people according to SkyBluePete
Well the statement is pretty clear that in discussions with police and safety group they have maximised the number of tickets available. No idea why they can’t sell the tickets in the segregation areas, my guess is that it’s to do with the number of visiting fans coming and the police are risk averse.
The decision makes no sense

Bennosdancingfeet

The way I see it….

it’s the most home fans we‘ll have this season by a good margin and it’s good they’ve opened more seats. We didn’t moan against the baggies etc but with it being a big match now every man and his dog want to go.

going forward…. Should we make the playoffs then the home leg will most certainly maximise home support.

the only mistake the club have made is giving Brum 4.5k allocation. I can see why the club have done this to make as much money as possible, and I think they would have been of the same feeling most of us had, we’ll fall short. The results since Brum were allocated a big away allocation have been crazy and it’s kind of put a spanner in the works. I honestly don’t believe the club thought we’d get this late in the season with the playoffs still a dream.

Users who are viewing this thread