Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (5 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Watched the new series of taskmaster , enjoyed it .

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
Sam Campbell was great, never seen him on anything before. That's what I don't get about when people complain that they've not heard of a contestant when the new ones are announced

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
Not started the second series yet. Loved the first though. Was disappointed to see HBO have cancelled any future series though

You’re kidding. Great series though. Also interesting as didn’t know all the background

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Me and the good lady are watching strictly come dancing , bit of a guilty pleasure for me if I’m honest

Ian1779

Dec 6, 2012
Re-watching some of Eddie Izzard’s early work…. The stuff when he was still funny.

God Bless Mrs Badcrumble!

Reactions: Otis

JAM See

Apr 29, 2017
Re-watching some of Eddie Izzard’s early work…. The stuff when he was still funny.

God Bless Mrs Badcrumble!
"I'm eighty two"

• Haha
Reactions: Ian1779

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I’m a few episodes into the latest series of Brassic , absolute quality

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
I thought Boiling Point on BBC1 tonight was good. Plot seems very predictable but it conveys the pressure and stress of working in a restaurant kitchen well and the characters seem really believable. It feels stressful watching though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I thought Boiling Point on BBC1 tonight was good. Plot seems very predictable but it conveys the pressure and stress of working in a restaurant kitchen well and the characters seem really believable. It feels stressful watching though.
Do you have to have seen the film ?

Bertola

Jun 5, 2011
Watching Season 4 of Sex Education currently... seems to have gone a little overboard with its LGBTQ+ representation nd trying to cover every single demographic, but still some very funny lines.

Have also been recommended Only Murders in The Building, so that's next on the list

DrPoolittle

Jun 21, 2023
Anyone into WW2, I would recommend the Norwegian series War Sailor. It’s about the sailors of the Norwegian merchant fleet.
Harrowing stuff.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Watching the Long Shadow, dramatisation of the Yorkshire ripped story.

Reminds me what a grim, bleak decade the 70s were.
I know some people look back on it with fondness but I thought it was an awful time.

AOM

Jul 8, 2016
Some pretty good crime series on BBC iPlayer at the moment -
The Woman in the Wall - with Ruth Wilson about the fallout of the Magdalene Laundries in Ireland. Really interesting, but also depressing being based on true historical events
Black Snow - Australian crime series about solving a cold case murder. A bit like a mix of Broadchurch and Unforgotten and then add in Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
Some pretty good crime series on BBC iPlayer at the moment -
The Woman in the Wall - with Ruth Wilson about the fallout of the Magdalene Laundries in Ireland. Really interesting, but also depressing being based on true historical events
Black Snow - Australian crime series about solving a cold case murder. A bit like a mix of Broadchurch and Unforgotten and then add in Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings
The Woman in the Wall, great acting and yet another example of how trusted groups manipulate people. I think this will be a strong contender for a Bafta/ or the Irish equivalent 🙂

Reactions: oakey and AOM

AOM

Jul 8, 2016
The Woman in the Wall, great acting and yet another example of how trusted groups manipulate people. I think this will be a strong contender for a Bafta/ or the Irish equivalent 🙂

Yep, I really enjoyed it. Also quite funny and dry in parts, especially the local police officer.

Actually didn't even know such a thing as the laundries existed until I'd seen the series, really grim to read up on

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
started watching Billions, Fell out of the habit of watching it a while ago but it is enjoyable

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
Yep, I really enjoyed it. Also quite funny and dry in parts, especially the local police officer.

Actually didn't even know such a thing as the laundries existed until I'd seen the series, really grim to read up on
Being arrested for hitting a Police Horse…He didnt know it was a Police horse!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AOM

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Watching the Long Shadow, dramatisation of the Yorkshire ripped story.

Reminds me what a grim, bleak decade the 70s were.
I know some people look back on it with fondness but I thought it was an awful time.

Finished it. Harrowing stuff.
Police and politicians letting down working class people as usual.

Reactions: oakey and nicksar

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
Still watching but hilarious when the the law arrived for the I’m Jack reveal and you heard the press say here come the keystone cops !

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Tbh it’s just a sign of the society then - serial killers like Suttcliffe would be bought to justice much earlier now

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Tbh it’s just a sign of the society then - serial killers like Suttcliffe would be bought to justice much earlier now

True. The documentary that was on netflix about the way the police and media treated the victims was pretty shocking.

Reactions: oakey and Otis

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I’m currently watching a re-run of the 1986 Eastenders Christmas Special

olderskyblue

Mar 22, 2011
Watched the Continental this week. its the story of that hotel in the John Wick films. Lends a lot from those films. I liked it

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
Just finished the long Shadow - well documented interesting drama

what a mess and a series of senior cock ups - I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing but why they didnt believe those who were attacked that he was quietly spoken and not a Geordie cost them a year at least and three lives

nicksar

Sep 14, 2014

what a mess and a series of senior cock ups - I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing but why they didnt believe those who were attacked that he was quietly spoken and not a Geordie cost them a year at least and three lives
The senior officers in charge were very incompetent,your right it cost lives.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015

There was another huge cock up that wasn't in the show.
They used roladex cards to keep information on suspects, if you took a card out you were supposed to put a placeholder in its place until it had been returned. If you eliminated a suspect you just removed their card.
An officer went to get Suttcliffes card but it wasn't there and there was no place holder so they assumed he'd been eliminated, in fact someone had it but didn't put a place holder in its place when they'd took it so the officer thought he's been eliminated and didn't pursue it.

If the placeholder had been there he'd have almost certainly have been caught earlier as he'd have become a prime suspect.

Reactions: nicksar and Mcbean

Users who are viewing this thread