Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

Seaside-Skyblue

If people want to clap at the end that's fine and equally of people want to walk out that's up to them. We all pay our money for the ticket, is there really a right and wrong? All this rubbish I read about being a clown etc if you're one side of fence or other is ridiculous. Outside of the blind love we have for City (most of us know we will be back), it's a product at the end of the day and we pay for it and it's our choice what we do.

I think there's arguments for both, but we rarely get to talk to players individually unless via a player fan forum so walking out / shouting a bit is really our only way of communicating "that was not ok" and we want better. How else would they know? And a slightly left field point but I also think it can be healthy for relationships ...the footy actually allows us to have a good vent after a week of work or whatever...got to be good from a stress relief perspective....or maybe not after yesterday but the partners etc then don't have to listen to us because we all lose our voices until Monday

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Post match interview, talked about his thinking for the summer being impacted.

I wonder if the likes of Dabo and Rose didn’t help their causes for a new deal.

He shouldn’t be swayed on something like that on the basis of just one game. Everyone was crap yesterday.

Gman1987

Grow up you pellet. I'm a season ticket holder of multiple years and i left at 3 nil after calling them all the names under the sun. As did other ST holders i know

That was a bollocks performance, dog shit to a man

If they can go on social media and take the plaudits and dance around the pitch celebrating after a win, they can take pelters when they put in a performance i wouldnt expect to see from a blindfolded team
At what point in the post did I talk about ST holders not leaving? Yes, plenty of them left too - I was talking about the few who were moved from ST holders seats before the game, drinking beers and as I’ve sat in the same place for some time I’ve never seen before. At it from minute 1. Yes, it was shit and the worst it’s been for some time. And nothing says you have to stay until the 94th minute before those police pipe up too.

Brighton Sky Blue

People booing at half time, no singing, everyone left at 70 minutes! Disgraceful. I bet everyone that stayed had more than 1200 loyalty points. All depart the hype train.......

I stayed till the end at Burton, couldn’t manage it yesterday. Didn’t get any loyalty points for Burton either…

slowpoke

When expectations are high and the performance poor fans will boo let’s be honest 0-2 at half time and should have been double that is hardly something to cheer about, I witnessed that in the glory JH days now and again, it happens. I remember being clear at the top of the league getting thumped 5-2 at home by lowly Southend the booing from 30000 was deafening the answer, the next match Swansea, a result there even a point yesterday is forgotten and on a positive despite the heavy score line it’s only a minus three points a number of teams around us suffered the same fate.

Colin Steins Smile

It was an extremely poor performance, but I give credit to Stoke who were tactically and physically the best team I've seen here this season. Having said that, we gave them too much space in midfield and failed to track runners.
I understand the massive disappointment people felt in leaving early.
I'm a ST holder and stayed to the end and after to show some support to the team, as they must have felt awful at the end and they didn't get up yesterday morning aiming to get beat 4-0

Brighton Sky Blue

Likewise you can't have players that are ok most of the time but shite against anybody half decent

I agree, but that is surely already clear from the bigger collection of games. He can’t have thought they were both fine to keep and now wants them out after one game where basically everyone was poor.

Boosh

Grow up you pellet. I'm a season ticket holder of multiple years and i left at 3 nil after calling them all the names under the sun. As did other ST holders i know

That was a bollocks performance, dog shit to a man

If they can go on social media and take the plaudits and dance around the pitch celebrating after a win, they can take pelters when they put in a performance i wouldnt expect to see from a blindfolded team

You and anyone who liked this post are morons

torchomatic

torchomatic

pusbccfc

The “stay and applaud the players” mentality is the most braindead, stupid thing in football.

Why? Why would I possibly stay and applaud when we’ve just got spanked in that fashion? I was out of my seat before the third had even hit the back of the net.

I applaud them most games and almost always stay till the end. However, I'll never forget people clapping the players off for some of the League 2 games. Some of the most disgraceful performances in the history of the club against sides from towns and villages smaller than Coundon and people were clapping them like heroes.

Skybluecol

People booing at half time, no singing, everyone left at 70 minutes! Disgraceful. I bet everyone that stayed had more than 1200 loyalty points. All depart the hype train.......
I have 400 pts and I stayed. Mate has 200, he stayed. If people wish to leave after 70mins that's their choice and not as disgraceful as the collective team performance yesterday.
I think with the unbeaten run we've had and the build up hype to this game a lot of people were very optimistic. To play like we did meant a hell of a lot of raw emotion came out from the vast majority of supporters.
Nothing is wrong with booing, if you pay for a ticket you have a right imo....although I never boo myself....my language gets colourful. We all express ourselves differently.

Nuskyblue

Today felt on par with our early season games (the ones with the comebacks) last year.

Absolutely electric. Should have given Reading more shit. They're going doooown, they're going dooooown, we're going up, they're going down ect.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Today felt on par with our early season games (the ones with the comebacks) last year.

Absolutely electric. Should have given Reading more shit. They're going doooown, they're going dooooown, we're going up, they're going down ect.

Yep definitely. Didn't drop when they scored too

Also extra points for the all the grief the pitch invader got. Usually some will cheer them on

Nuskyblue

Yep definitely. Didn't drop when they scored too

Also extra points for the all the grief the pitch invader got. Usually some will cheer them on
Didn't have a chance to drop. We're too good 👍

The pitch invader was an absolute clown, wish he got two footed

SheafIsGod

Today was a lot better than it has been recently, but I honestly don’t think it was close to how it was earlier in the season.

Perhaps it’s just me, but it’s nowhere near as loud as it was.

pusbccfc

Today was a lot better than it has been recently, but I honestly don’t think it was close to how it was earlier in the season.

Perhaps it’s just me, but it’s nowhere near as loud as it was.

There were moments today where it was louder than I can ever remember. The 'You're not singing anymore' was unreal.

Still, nothing has yet to top Peterborough at home last season on the Friday night. That's probably the best ever at the stadium.

Tile Hill Phil

There were moments today where it was louder than I can ever remember. The 'You're not singing anymore' was unreal.

Still, nothing has yet to top Peterborough at home last season on the Friday night. That's probably the best ever at the stadium.
Tend to agree with this. Was pretty good today but still don’t think we’ve been as loud as some games last season although QPR before the World Cup break was pretty loud. Also that attendance figure was bullshit No way another 9,000 could have fitted in the ground.

bigfatronssba

Nerves can sometimes affect the atmosphere. Those games earlier in the season didn't really have anything riding on them, so we could just enjoy it.
Today meant something, and you could feel the tension in the ground.

The noise at the final whistle was immense. JD was reading out the scores and I couldn't hear a single one over the noise

Londonccfcfan

Nerves can sometimes affect the atmosphere. Those games earlier in the season didn't really have anything riding on them, so we could just enjoy it.
Today meant something, and you could feel the tension in the ground.

The noise at the final whistle was immense. JD was reading out the scores and I couldn't hear a single one over the noise
This is true

Irish Sky Blue

Tend to agree with this. Was pretty good today but still don’t think we’ve been as loud as some games last season although QPR before the World Cup break was pretty loud. Also that attendance figure was bullshit No way another 9,000 could have fitted in the ground.
If Reading brought 1500, that would have left 4500 spaces in the away end. So they were saying there were 4500 empty seats in the rest of the ground? If there were, we couldn’t see them. It had to be more than was published.

Users who are viewing this thread