Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

Hutch11

I like to see what oppo fans have to say about our games and nearly all the time the noise we make, even at home, is praised
Having been to most away games I would say our home atmosphere is up in the top 2 in the league, and we're not second

pusbccfc

I like to see what oppo fans have to say about our games and nearly all the time the noise we make, even at home, is praised
Having been to most away games I would say our home atmosphere is up in the top 2 in the league, and we're not second

Only Boro and Blackpool come close. Hull not far off.

Blackpool were fairly quiet at their place last season.

slowpoke

I think they could open up block 13, see how it goes if okay then block 12, I suspect the bar area might need looking at to keep fans apart. The maximum away section should be about 4000 too, don’t think we get that many anywhere.
I think there’s every chance our regular home support will go up, it’s about 17/18000 now so getting it up another 4000 is the challenge. As for the standing aspect don’t know how they can stop it, club has to talk the official line because it’s the law, safe standing will help should it come in

shmmeee

I think they could open up block 13, see how it goes if okay then block 12, I suspect the bar area might need looking at to keep fans apart. The maximum away section should be about 4000 too, don’t think we get that many anywhere.
I think there’s every chance our regular home support will go up, it’s about 17/18000 now so getting it up another 4000 is the challenge. As for the standing aspect don’t know how they can stop it, club has to talk the official line because it’s the law, safe standing will help should it come in

If we start regularly challenging in the top six you’d see 20k+ home fans I reckon.

ceetee

I generally support the concept of safe standing but it's only safe if it's properly policed, which some fans might object to. It's not safe if people with tickets in other blocks insist on going in to the standing area for the "atmosphere"

Hutch11

I generally support the concept of safe standing but it's only safe if it's properly policed, which some fans might object to. It's not safe if people with tickets in other blocks insist on going in to the standing area for the "atmosphere"
We were in the safe standing at Cardiff and were told by their stewards "go where you like" no problems at all as far as I'm aware

slowpoke

If it’s enforced properly it should work no need for the old fashioned bunching, there will be idiots though always are. If say block 13 was designated to safe standing & it gets abused just close it for a time, fans will police it themselves to stop it happening.

ceetee

We were in the safe standing at Cardiff and were told by their stewards "go where you like" no problems at all as far as I'm aware
Yes, but you were already in the safe standing area so you weren't adding to the numbers

Hutch11

Yes, but you were already in the safe standing area so you weren't adding to the numbers
The point is , those that didn't have safe standing ( it's split at cardiff) could've just stood in there with us and as it happens, even those in the seating area stood all game anyhow , no incidents

robbiekeane

The point is , those that didn't have safe standing ( it's split at cardiff) could've just stood in there with us and as it happens, even those in the seating area stood all game anyhow , no incidents
Yeh you’re right just fucking let anyone go anywhere whenever they want it’ll be fine what could possibly ever go wrong

letsallsingtogether

Yeh you’re right just fucking let anyone go anywhere whenever they want it’ll be fine what could possibly ever go wrong
Been to quite a few away games where sit / stand where you like even though you have a number seat and row.

pusbccfc

They open up Block 13. It's remarkable in a stadium with 10,000 empty seats that we are having overcrowding issues.

Hobo

If you ever think the atmosphere at the CBS is bad, it's worth going to Rotherham. Absolutely silent for 99% of the game. One minor attempt at a song all game.

Have you ever been to Anfield? It is like a morgue a lot of the time. The Kops reputation is largely built on televised European nights.

clint van damme

We had safe standing and got turned away because it was full!

Bad Boy

Have you ever been to Anfield? It is like a morgue a lot of the time. The Kops reputation is largely built on televised European nights.
Yes I have on many occasions but not since November 2000. Stood on the Kop too before segregation.
Was never enamoured, in fact I was totally underwelmed by the place and I'm not impressed by the redevelopment on the occasions I've driven past in more recent times.
Massively overrated and inhabited by too many entitled supporters for me.

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Yes I have on many occasions but not since November 2000. Stood on the Kop too before segregation.
Was never enamoured, in fact I was totally underwelmed by the place and I'm not impressed by the redevelopment on the occasions I've driven past in more recent times.
Massively overrated and inhabited by too many entitled supporters for me.
Needless to say…The wife as an Evertonian completely agrees!! Although Goodison soon gets on the players backs

SBT

slowpoke

One line of stewards, and about 5 feet of segregation made up of a small fence split the two fans today.

No bother. Made the atmosphere better.

It's doable.
The gap at the CBS is ridiculous, I know we had the Derby issue last season but it was a one off that could and should have been prevented early on. And turkeys like that pillock running on the pitch last week armed with two flares doesn’t help.
Last week it was a Celtic v Rangers cup final the gap between perhaps the two most bitter fans to each other in the world was about a row of half a dozen seats and a gangway.
today the gap between Liverpool & Man United will be less than that
Just my opinion we should have home supporters up to and including block 11 bit of a gap then away support about 3 to 4k.

pusbccfc

The gap at the CBS is ridiculous, I know we had the Derby issue last season but it was a one off that could and should have been prevented early on. And turkeys like that pillock running on the pitch last week armed with two flares doesn’t help.
Last week it was a Celtic v Rangers cup final the gap between perhaps the two most bitter fans to each other in the world was about a row of half a dozen seats and a gangway.
Just my opinion we should have home supporters up to and including block 11 bit of a gap then away support about 3 to 4k.

I guess the issue is, if they can segregate fans without limiting the attendance, they will.

The real test will be when we need to sell out.

shmmeee

Not saying the stewarding etc at the CBS is proportionate or a good use of money, but surely that would be a pretty reasonable argument, no?

I think it’s a good argument to test that hypothesis by reducing the amount of policing and seeing if incidents rise. Otherwise it’s all a bit I’ve got a rock that keeps away tigers.

Hertsccfc

I sort of agree but the difference is that we have a stadium that is only two thirds full. So a big gap is possible at the CBS whereas it isn't at many stadiums.

WestEndAgro

The actual amount of incidents at the CBS could be counted on one hand and still have digits left over.
Security, stewards and policing is way over the top, and most of it handled badly.
Obserd at best, often sheer lunacy.

SBT

I think it’s a good argument to test that hypothesis by reducing the amount of policing and seeing if incidents rise. Otherwise it’s all a bit I’ve got a rock that keeps away tigers.
If you change your Simpsons reference from the rock to the anti-bear fighter jet then I agree with you!

Gman1987

People booing at half time, no singing, everyone left at 70 minutes! Disgraceful. I bet everyone that stayed had more than 1200 loyalty points. All depart the hype train.......
I thought it was disgraceful. Shouting abuse at Robins and the players, they obviously begrudged paying for the one ticket they’ll buy this season. Most of them walked out at 3-0. Good, don’t come back

SheafIsGod

Atmosphere this season was brilliant towards the start but has been pretty average since then. Today was dire.

Stoke fans made good noise but their songbook needs a lot of work

pusbccfc

Never gonna be good with the result. Stoke fans were alright, better than most at this level but certainly nothing special for a side 4-0 up.

pusbccfc

I thought it was disgraceful. Shouting abuse at Robins and the players, they obviously begrudged paying for the one ticket they’ll buy this season. Most of them walked out at 3-0. Good, don’t come back

Don't be fooled into thinking the extra 1000 fans in there today haven't been all season.

It always makes me laugh that people think when it's a *slightly* bigger crowd that people are there on their only game of the season.

shmmeee

Don't be fooled into thinking the extra 1000 fans in there today haven't been all season.

It always makes me laugh that people think when it's a *slightly* bigger crowd that people are there on their only game of the season.

It’s just the same 10k or so who pick and choose all choosing that game. Still changes the atmosphere though as they equal the ST holders, instead of being outnumbered 3-1.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Atmosphere this season was brilliant towards the start but has been pretty average since then. Today was dire.

Stoke fans made good noise but their songbook needs a lot of work
I thought it was pretty loud to start with today but the early goal completely fucked it. I think people were really fired up for the game and to see it slip away so tamely got the bad reaction. I am not a fan of booing the team off, especially given the league position, but i can't say i was surprised given the importance of the game and level of performance.

Ashdown

Fucksake you read some shit and wind ups here but…..I’m pretty sure those that started to stream out ( not us ) were not able to be identified by loyalty points 😃
I’m gutted though tonight, I keep missing all the big victories. My last four games have been Stoke, Hull, Cardidff and Swansea. I think I better stay away 😕

Users who are viewing this thread