pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry
  • Wow
Reactions: Sky Blue Harry H

AOM

Jul 8, 2016
Atmosphere last 10 minutes was really good, some of the loudest I've heard for a while even from over in the family zone.

The other 80 or so minutes though a bit meh, but think our home support also feeds off a good away following and Norwich were fairly quiet

Reactions: Saddlebrains

Essexrobbie

Oct 30, 2011
Thought Norwich a couple of times were really load but that arse of a referee certainly got block 21 going.

pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry
It was very good after the goal but before that it was ok.

The 'new' fans have added very little, if anything to the atmosphere.

There's not been a game yet as loud as say Peterborough, Fulham or Sheffield United at home from two seasons ago. Those attendances were well below what we are getting now.

'We'll live and die in these towns' is getting better each week. The rest of the stadium have realised what to do 😂

SBAndy

Mar 20, 2011
Pre-kick off it was brilliant yesterday. One thing that’s baffling me though is how many of the corner leave bang on FT. It’s my first season in block 14 and having seen from other areas it seemed everyone stayed after to applaud the players. Late win on Wednesday and the corner was probably 3/4 empty by the time Godden came over. Few more stayed yesterday but still probably half empty.

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011

There's not been a game yet as loud as say Peterborough, Fulham or Sheffield United at home from two seasons ago. Those attendances were well below what we are getting now.

'We'll live and die in these towns' is getting better each week. The rest of the stadium have realised what to do 😂
So who are the new fans? We talking Manc cast-offs or other groups. I’m aware of so many new season ticket holders who have followed city for years. Also an Arsenal and a Tottingham fan who have season tickets. I’m optimistic about the future of our fan base. As for adding extra…The players on the pitch need to step up to the plate before the atmosphere improves.

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
Pre-kick off it was brilliant yesterday. One thing that’s baffling me though is how many of the corner leave bang on FT. It’s my first season in block 14 and having seen from other areas it seemed everyone stayed after to applaud the players. Late win on Wednesday and the corner was probably 3/4 empty by the time Godden came over. Few more stayed yesterday but still probably half empty.
Are they the chumps who look for trouble outside the ground?

Reactions: sw88

pusbccfc

Apr 15, 2011
Coventry
So who are the new fans? We talking Manc cast-offs or other groups. I’m aware of so many new season ticket holders who have followed city for years. Also an Arsenal and a Tottingham fan who have season tickets. I’m optimistic about the future of our fan base. As for adding extra…The players on the pitch need to step up to the plate before the atmosphere improves.

On paper, they are 'new' because they haven't had season tickets for 15-20 years and weren't here every week just two seasons ago.

It's fantastic having these numbers. A city of our size should comfortably averaging 24k and we now are.

Reactions: skybluecam

skybluecam

Apr 25, 2015
The effect of having a stadium with shite transport links. People keen to avoid traffic.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sep 10, 2014

So you're telling the new fans off then . I don't sing we'll live and die in these towns because the Enemy were shite .

Reactions: I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Calista

Sep 30, 2013
Yep, 5 minutes later leaving the stadium can add 30+ minutes to a journey that would ordinarily take 10
People going before full time is what I can't understand. Saw loads leaving before Haji's winner last week 😂

Covcraig@bury

Jul 25, 2012
It needs to be looked at , if you leave 5 minutes before the end you have a chance to get away . The exiting roads are gridlocked , one way in one way out . I parked in carpark B and never moved for 45 minutes. Not good when I have to travel 135 miles home . It needs looking at !

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sep 10, 2014
Can anyone please tell me exactly why there are no trains at the arena station during match times ? I thought the station was built to accommodate football supporters along with those visiting the shopping area. Was there a dispute which led to trains being stopped ?

There were Norwich fans at the station after the game and I wondered when the next train would be , if at all.

People quite rightly complain about access to and from the arena and trains can make a massive difference . It's no wonder people leave early.

Those who went to Brighton in the FA cup a few years back probably saw thousands of Brighton fans using trains after the match back into Brighton town Their ground is literally miles from the city yet they sustain big gates because transport is good .

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me exactly why there are no trains at the arena station during match times ? I thought the station was built to accommodate football supporters along with those visiting the shopping area. Was there a dispute which led to trains being stopped ?

There were Norwich fans at the station after the game and I wondered when the next train would be , if at all.

People quite rightly complain about access to and from the arena and trains can make a massive difference . It's no wonder people leave early.

Those who went to Brighton in the FA cup a few years back probably saw thousands of Brighton fans using trains after the match back into Brighton town Their ground is literally miles from the city yet they sustain big gates because transport is good .

Safety concerns because of the size of the trains I think. Not sure why the trains are so small.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry

The trains back to Coventry go at 4.50 and 5.50, so you either have to leave some time before the end or wait nearly an hour

Reactions: skybluecam

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Feb 24, 2020
So you're telling the new fans off then . I don't sing we'll live and die in these towns because the Enemy were shite .
Regardless of whether you think the band is shite or not (I disagree) the point of us singing the song isnt to tell everyone how great the enemy are. It’s a song of solidarity for the hard-working people of a working class city

Reactions: WestEndAgro

Nuskyblue

Sep 7, 2022
People going before full time is what I can't understand. Saw loads leaving before Haji's winner last week 😂
That wasn't even super late! Personally I'm primed to go just before the final whistle, the ref caught me out with his blowing on the dot of 4 minutes this week.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sep 10, 2014
Regardless of whether you think the band is shite or not (I disagree) the point of us singing the song isnt to tell everyone how great the enemy are. It’s a song of solidarity for the hard-working people of a working class city
I never said it's to tell everyone how great the Enemy are .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sep 10, 2014
Reactions: Londonccfcfan

Users who are viewing this thread