'Anti-SISU brigade' (1 Viewer)

magic82ball

What I don't understand is how as a fan base we have achieved nothing. Other clubs, Newcastle, Cardiff etc. have their own problems but seem to stick together to achieve their objectives but all that ever happens with us is bickering and squabbling and the same themed threads that were posted over a year ago. Its all very depressing and never going to get any better if as a collective we don't work together. Might as well all just give up worrying about them and let them do what they want with our club for another 5 years.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Ah hmm - their strategy worked. They won the battle. It turned out to be a 'Pyrrhus victory' as in the end they lost the war.
But CCC/Higgs fought to maintain control over ACL. They won against sisu, but in the end it was also in vain as they had to sell to Wasps.

I would say both were competent and successful in their strategy, but in the end they both ended up without the prize they were fighting for.

The real winner is Wasps. The real loser is the club and the fans.

I think saying that their strategy worked is a little like surveying the waste ground of a nuclear winter and proclaiming "Good job we had them there WMDs".

Astute

Hmm - I must be doing something wrong. Better go back and check. :)

Anyway, after writing the last post I remembered you saying back in early 2013 when ACL started legal actions to get the club to pay the outstanding rent, that this would not end well and most likely both parties would end up destroying each other.
Turned out you were right!
(I tried searching for your post as I would have quoted it, but couldn't find it - sorry).

So maybe you liked my posts as I was merely updating the status of your prediction?

A fair few of us were saying it would end badly for our club.

There was no such victory for SISU. No battle was won by them unless their battle was to make CCC or Higgs lose out or our football club to get shafted. There was no victory for anyone but Wasps.

Grendel

ccfctommy

Read Lionel Birds letter on Cov Mad. Club have now said they have enough spaces for disabled supporters

Noggin

Thanks, the lack of disabled seating at the Ricoh has always been a disgrace (not sisus fault at all of course) and if they end up turning disabled people away while there are 20k+ empty seats it would be completely unacceptable (ccfc do have form for that, disabled season tickets were often sold out, though my experience is they will sort something for you) but while there are still good tickets available and as long as they will find a way to accommodate someone if the crowd is big enough that the disabled areas are full but not big enough to open the north stand then there isn't an issue.

That said the buying disabled tickets for the Gillingham game was an utter nightmare and made me very very angry and made me alot less likely to return. The worst experience I've ever had buying tickets for anything, much worse than getting Olympic tickets or Wembley tickets for big england games.

Sick Boy

Thanks, the lack of disabled seating at the Ricoh has always been a disgrace (not sisus fault at all of course) and if they end up turning disabled people away while there are 20k+ empty seats it would be completely unacceptable (ccfc do have form for that, disabled season tickets were often sold out, though my experience is they will sort something for you) but while there are still good tickets available and as long as they will find a way to accommodate someone if the crowd is big enough that the disabled areas are full but not big enough to open the north stand then there isn't an issue.

That said the buying disabled tickets for the Gillingham game was an utter nightmare and made me very very angry and made me alot less likely to return. The worst experience I've ever had buying tickets for anything, much worse than getting Olympic tickets or Wembley tickets for big england games.

How can it be the club's fault if there are a lack of facilities for supporters? Surely ACL are responsible for this?

Noggin

How can it be the club's fault if there are a lack of facilities for supporters? Surely ACL are responsible for this?

Isn't that what I've said? I was completely fair and reasonable, I outright said the the lack of disabled seating isn't sisus fault. However if they turn people away while there are seats available then it's unacceptable, as it stands there is currently no issue.

Or were you meaning my anger at the Gillingham situation? that had very little at all to do with the lack of disabled seating, in fact it didn't even sell out in the end there was one left.

Ashdown

Join the club, I was on the phone for 9 hours on and off trying to get tickets for that match.

Noggin

Join the club, I was on the phone for 9 hours on and off trying to get tickets for that match.

Yeah I spent multiple days getting tickets, they didn't reply to e-mails, didn't answer the phone despite trying for hours at a time multiple times, they responded to tweets though and apologised for not answering my e-mails and saying they would do so now but didn't, if they had just said what was going on it would have been ok but they didn't. I ended up buying none disabled tickets thinking I'll worry about it when I get in but eventually they actually did put the disabled tickets up for sale. I'd spent days on the website not knowing if the tickets were sold out or just not currently on sale and if they arn't on sale you need to be around when they go on sale so i had to keep checking and you know what a nightmare the website was, so checking was not a quick process.

ajsccfc

You're probably better off with Twitter as you know that's stable, I think their email system only works when someone winds it up for long enough.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What the club have said about disabled facilities at the Ricoh

Disabled supporters

Do the on sale renewal dates still apply to disabled supporters?

Yes, the dates apply for all supporters.

Last season I supplied the ticket office with my proof of disability paperwork from the DWP. Do I need to send this again in order to receive the disabled/ambulant concession price and a free carer for the 2015/16 season?

Yes, the ticket office needs to receive valid paperwork each season as all supporters circumstances can change.

What is the situation regarding ambulant disabled fans?

Ambulant disabled fans will be able to purchase Season Tickets in any available area of the ground.

Who can I speak to in regards to disabled Season Tickets or purchasing match day tickets?

Please call the ticket office on image: skypec2c://r/204
024 7699 2326/2332 and they can assist with any queries. You can also e-mail [email protected].

North Stand Disabled supporters

Have you contacted affected Disabled Supporters in the North Stand?

Yes, those affected were written to at the end of April.

How many Disabled Supporters have been affected by the North Stand closure?

In total, 5 supporters are affected. Of these, two have renewed and one has reserved a location elsewhere.

What availability is there for those Disabled supporters affected?

We have plenty of availability within the other blocks, including in the old premium blocks, to accommodate the other two supporters affected and any other disabled supporters who may want to purchase

Block available (as of 2nd June 2015, neither purchased or reserved for an existing Season Ticket holder):

Block 2 - 2
Block 36 - 1
Block 23 - 3
Block 19 - 3 (This was previously a premium zone area)

This gives a total of nine disabled spaces available for next season.

Do you need to open North Stand disabled areas for these supporters?

Based on nine disabled spaces being available and expected demand, this is not necessary.

Does the club feel disabled facilities are appropriate?

Yes – we have one of the highest wheelchair capacities in the Football League. Some clubs which we visit for away games only have two, and at some clubs our disabled supporters have to sit in the home supporters areas.

Due to the Ricoh Arena being modern stadium, we also have very good facilities around the stadium for disabled supporters, including lowered counters and disabled toilets which can be accessed via RADAR keys

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...gue-one-1516-2479892.aspx#21cVPbetjcorGjti.99

robbiethemole

the club are looking into opening block 11 in the south stand and it will be for ST holders only. maybe they should condense the away fans into a smaller area and allow more blocks to be used there.

Noggin

Even with all the seats open the stadium only has 54% of the disabled seating recommended in the government guidelines of course this has nothing to do with sisu. Reducing the number of available wheelchair seats though may well be a problem, if they have only sold 2000 season tickets and are down to 9 home wheelchair seats it seems likely that won't be enough (there are 62 home wheelchair seats total though that includes the northstand), of course if it is enough then there is no issue, I'm just very dubious when they say it is.

It's also simply not true that we have one of the highest wheelchair capacities in the football league especially when you ignore the ones that they aren't selling. No league 1 team has only 2 wheelchair spaces. I think the worst is Fleetwood with 8, about the only thing they said that was true is that at some grounds away wheelchairs sit with the home fans, I was with the villa fans the day we got relegated, they threatened to throw my mum and I out multiple times for singing shit on the villa.

If you ignore the seats in the north stand which are closed at least 9 league one clubs(I'm not sure how many of the wheelchair seats are closed so it's possibly more than 9 clubs have more than us) have more wheelchair seats and if you include the north stand then 7 do. So it's pretty dishonest to say we are one of the highest in the football league when we arn't even one of the highest in league one despite having one of the newest and biggest stadia.

Last edited:

Noggin

The numbers should all be here:
http://origin-www.football-league.c...rs-at-football-league-grounds_2293631_3332620

Might be worth getting on to the SCG and see if they can speak with ACL about this as the number does seem very low for a modern stadium.

On that link it's talking about sixfields rather than the ricoh,

The numbers for all the clubs are here http://www.levelplayingfield.org.uk/clubs/coventry-city though of course it doesn't break it down by stand so it shows the full capacity of the ricoh not the one we will be using. But even then it puts us 8th in the league.

ACL arn't the issue at this point (if there is an issue and we don't for sure know there is) if there is an issue it will be for ccfc to deal with not ACL as there will be lots of wheelchair seats left in the ground they will just be closed. If the club ever turns itself around properly then acl will be the issue again as there never was enough wheelchair seats for us in the championship. As I've said before I am for the closing of the north stand so I'm not critasing sisu (though I am critical of their response which I find dishonest and uninformed) for it but they do need to make sure any disabled person who wants a ticket can get one because it's unforgivable to turn people away from a 30k seater stadium when only 10k seats are taken.

We are far from the only club that is not doing a great job though there is talk of legal action against the premier league and some of the premiership clubs like Man utd. It's alot more unforgivable in the premiership with the huge amount of money floating about that they don't provide adequate facilities.

Astute

Time for an update

The more of us that turn up the bigger the budget for TM.

SISU won't be throwing any more money away.

TM has brought some good players in. There should be a couple more come in at least.

What new stadium?

Pre season doesn't mean a lot.

TM knows enough about tactics to outplay the team with what looks the biggest budget in this division.

We should all be happy with our start. It is as good as some of us hoped for and much better than most expected. Yes we need a few more players for the squad as it is still a bit light. But most clubs have the same problem. It is a choice between quality or quantity for nearly every club. But if we keep winning the attendances will slowly go up. The vast majority will not want to miss out on a successful season. This will leave a budget to bring more players in. If only we could get a cup draw like Arsenal again.

Astute

Just wish I didn't have the feeling that we are also financing the JR.

So where is the money coming from? It looks like TM is getting the full amount to spend of income that is allowed by the FL rules. Then you have all the other expenses like rent and staff wages to pay. If there is anything left over it won't be a lot. It might pay for a few hours of what they are charged by the legal team. But that is it.

The last JR wasn't much more than a joke. But this one hopefully will let us know why we have been left homeless. But whatever happens we shouldn't let it make us take our eyes off the most important thing. And this is being successful this season.

oldfiver

The last JR wasn't much more than a joke. But this one hopefully will let us know why we have been left homeless. But whatever happens we shouldn't let it make us take our eyes off the most important thing. And this is being successful this season.[/QUOTE]

If you mean the appeal to the JR decision - it was hardly a joke. Two senior Masters of the Rolls do not turn up for a joke and refer cases back to be reheard

Astute

The last JR wasn't much more than a joke. But this one hopefully will let us know why we have been left homeless. But whatever happens we shouldn't let it make us take our eyes off the most important thing. And this is being successful this season.

If you mean the appeal to the JR decision - it was hardly a joke. Two senior Masters of the Rolls do not turn up for a joke and refer cases back to be reheard[/QUOTE]

So where did I use the word appeal?

I said JR. I meant JR. If you think it was worthwhile would you like to say why? Nothing worthwhile came out of it for anyone but the legal teams.

Ashdown

How can something which makes absolutely no money, worse than that, loses money year in year out possibly fund something else?

The easy answer would be by adding to the debt mountain, not that I'm advocating that is what is happening.

Astute

The easy answer would be by adding to the debt mountain, not that I'm advocating that is what is happening.

But as they won't easily get their money back there is no use making the debt bigger.

oldfiver

If you mean the appeal to the JR decision - it was hardly a joke. Two senior Masters of the Rolls do not turn up for a joke and refer cases back to be reheard

I said JR. I meant JR. If you think it was worthwhile would you like to say why? Nothing worthwhile came out of it for anyone but the legal teams.[/QUOTE]

I was not sure, which is why I asked as there has actually only been one JR - it was confusing to say the "last "

Until the hearing in February has been and decided on , no one knows what worthwhile will come from either JR.

Ashdown

Until the hearing in February has been and decided on , no one knows what worthwhile will come from either JR.

Whatever the decisions at a legal level, I doubt very much they will benefit CCFC so best to just forget about it, let it take it's course and in the meantime hope TM and his staff can do well on the pitch. You never know it may even attract the attention of a wealthy investor.

Users who are viewing this thread