A signing! (Brooke Norton-Cuffy) (1 Viewer)

aviles

Very happy with this signing. Rotherham fans seem to talk highly of him. I believe a weakest position is rwb so glad we have strengthened there first. Dabo hasn’t been himself since league 1, I do love him but fear injuries have left him behind where we are now as a club. And Kane should be no where near our team.
An experienced cb, attacking mid and keep hold of everyone and I’m happy

shmmeee

Very happy with this signing. Rotherham fans seem to talk highly of him. I believe a weakest position is rwb so glad we have strengthened there first. Dabo hasn’t been himself since league 1, I do love him but fear injuries have left him behind where we are now as a club. And Kane should be no where near our team.

Would quite like a strike partner for Vik. None of Waghorn, Tavares, Godden and Walker are quite right.

PVA

We were at our best last year when we had Maatsen high up the pitch stretching teams with his pace and dragging defenders away from Vik and O'Hare. Hopefully this lad can do the same on the right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would quite like a strike partner for Vik. None of Waghorn, Tavares, Godden and Walker are quite right.
I’m not sure you need one, you just need more like him who can also lead the line and give him some respite. The problem invariably seems to be midfield not coming forward quickly enough to support him when he gets possession or makes a driving run. I think really it’s midfield where our games are won or lost

shmmeee

I’m not sure you need one, you just need more like him who can also lead the line and give him some respite. The problem invariably seems to be midfield not coming forward quickly enough to support him when he gets possession or makes a driving run. I think really it’s midfield where our games are won or lost

I think we need a striker who stays central TBH, we never have people in the box and Vik does wandering.

Nuskyblue

I think we need a striker who stays central TBH, we never have people in the box and Vik does wandering.
This can be remedied by late arrivals into the box. I think Gus has it in him to dart in at the last moment and make the numbers up. Also Palmer. Tho someone like that lad up top for Blackpool would be decent (not Madine)

sotvtoday

I mean id argue Dabo is shit and not valuable considering hes out of contract soon, but hes probably worth 50p while Kanes worth 25
If he's under contract until end of June then that's 25 x his weekly wage if he gets a move now. If he's on 5K a week then that's £125,000. Don't know what he's earning though obviously.

skyblue025

Tavares is a young promising player so should be able to get a few million for him and Would be the most profitable so why not invest that profit into a free proven championship striker like Benik Afobe
Benik Afobe is your archetypal journeyman striker. His best ever goal return in the Championship is 13 in a season 8 years ago. Best assists in a season is 5. He'd be a decent squad player but probably not suited to our style of play. Great if your chasing the game and needed to lump it long. I'd take him as a different option to what we have but as with most proven Championship players, probably wages would be an issue.

fatso

We desperately need a striker as well, if Vik picks up an injury we are in big trouble, there's literally no one to step up.
Waghorn, Walker and Tavares ain't the answer, even when fit!
Tavares is a young promising player so should be able to get a few million for him and Would be the most profitable so why not invest that profit into a free proven championship striker like Benik Afobe
How would we get a few million for a player who's only scored 1 goal and isn't guaranteed a place on the bench even when every other striker is injured?

skyblueelephant76

Benik Afobe is your archetypal journeyman striker. His best ever goal return in the Championship is 13 in a season 8 years ago. Best assists in a season is 5. He'd be a decent squad player but probably not suited to our style of play. Great if your chasing the game and needed to lump it long. I'd take him as a different option to what we have but as with most proven Championship players, probably wages would be an issue.
Afobe had his Millwall contract cancelled as he is signing for a club in Dubai

RegTheDonk

We’ll sign a centre back with experience
Unless he puts Dabs there.

Seriously though welcome to the new lad hope he fits in and makes an impact. If it's a seasons loan he must be moving Kane on maybe this will fre some wages to get a CB.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why so terrible?

Really poor on the ball and looked a million miles from the first team maybe some time away in mens football will help, when he came off he was moaning at the manager but he was so bad it was an obvious substitution and was lucky to get as long as he did.

Cata

if only we could combine them; so Waggy's left foot, Godden's right, Tavares' speed and ....... Ok I didn't think this through :-(

slowpoke

I think the one linked a bit back who is a Brighton player but on loan abroad somewhere is a possibility fits the bill and proven goal scorer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I sort of agree, as we saw from Wrexham yesterday how effective having strikers in the box and decent delivery into them can cause problems.

Vik likes to drift out wide and run at players, but doesn't tend to look up or try and play others in, so a strike partner is likely to not get a great deal of service anyway, as we saw when he was playing with Godden.

So as someone was saying that none of our strikers are a decent partner for Gyok, I'm wondering if there is such a thing? If they're a poacher or run in behind they're not going to be utilised by him much. At best maybe another like him who will compete for the ball and give him a bit of space.

I think he's fine up top on his own (hoping he doesn't get injured) but we really need to get those attacking midfielders in and around the box to support him by picking up loose/second balls.

Users who are viewing this thread