A signing! (Brooke Norton-Cuffy) (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Clive was talking to rotherham radio presenter..said good prospect going forward..but not very good at defending!

Oh great, we need defenders that can defend.

NorthernWisdom

Clive was talking to rotherham radio presenter..said good prospect going forward..but not very good at defending!
So he's been here a while, and this is certainly fair, I think. In fact going forward hasn't quite come off for him either, although he does show a bit of determination, flash, and trickery from time to time. Defensively, his positioning is certainly suspect. he's no DaCosta level, but he does leave lots of space at times. I actually think of the two, Wilson-Esbrand looks the more assured with the better technique, but I could see how Norton-Cuffy could develop along similar lines, maybe.

Overall to date I'd say disappointing, but I actually hope he comes back next season for a full season's loan, as at least we'd get some of the benefit of the development work we've put in. He is only 19 after all... but I don't really see the point if he sods off at the end of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

So he's been here a while, and this is certainly fair, I think. In fact going forward hasn't quite come off for him either, although he does show a bit of determination, flash, and trickery from time to time. Defensively, his positioning is certainly suspect. he's no DaCosta level, but he does leave lots of space at times. I actually think of the two, Wilson-Esbrand looks the more assured with the better technique, but I could see how Norton-Cuffy could develop along similar lines, maybe.

Overall to date I'd say disappointing, but I actually hope he comes back next season for a full season's loan, as at least we'd get some of the benefit of the development work we've put in. He is only 19 after all... but I don't really see the point if he sods off at the end of the season.

He and JWE were signed to make up the numbers in fairness.

Grendel

I doubt Cuffey was - we will definitely be paying lower wages by including him in the team or he wouldn’t be here

NorthernWisdom

Disagree. Norton-Cuffy had already had half a season in this league before coming to us, Wilson-Esbrand had a pedigree if not proven in men's football.

They smack of Ryan Giles in that Robins likes the idea of an attacking wing back, finds they can't defend, and his natural conservatism as a manager then takes over.

coop

Which one can't take corners why does MR keep allowing him to take them can't even get it off the ground.

CCFC54321

Neither of them will be able to force themselves into their parent clubs on what i've seen.

Both are similar loans to Gyokeres and Sheaf me thinks. Try before you buy/sign.

JWE is the technically better of the two of them but with respect if you can't pull up trees in the championship and be a starter each week (like Doyle is) then i'm not sure even with this being his first season in men's football will he back at Man city next season. I expect him back here on loan. (You heard it here first!) Just wished he would attack the empty space in front of him at times!

Excellent second half v Watford though. 5/10 rating.

Cuffy is a strange one. Certainly wont be a Arsenal first team player they way they are progressing and didn't light up Rotherham earlier this season. That said, the second half v Watford he was excellent. So he has something, but i'm not sure about him personally and think we will explore a better option next season but again i wouldn't be shocked if he is back next season on a perm as a squad player. 6/10 rating.

Last edited:

PVA

Screenshot_20230421-140428~2.png

football-coventry-city-v-southampton-coca-cola-football-league-championship-ricoh-arena-0607-20207-coventry-citys-michael-doyle-and-stephen-hughes-jump-to-block-a-free-kick-mandatory-credit-action-images-tony-obrien-2ED0GR5.jpg

slowpoke

Our wage bill will multiply, could be upwards of half a dozen or more newbies coming in, I’m not saying we should be paying some of the ridiculous amounts that gets quoted for championship clubs that’s got a load of them in the shite financially but in our case we have been well below average. According to Mr King we are on a standing start so let’s see.

Users who are viewing this thread